Author Topic: Nintendo Announces Fusion Tour  (Read 6593 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Announces Fusion Tour
« on: July 18, 2006, 12:09:17 PM »
Hawthorne Heights headlines fall concert tour along with Relient K, Emery, Plain White T's and The Sleeping.

Hawthorne Heights Headlines Nintendo Fusion Tour    

Annual Fall Tour Showcases Hot Bands and Great Video Games

REDMOND, Wash., July 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Music lovers and video game fans will converge in venues across the country this fall, as the fourth annual Nintendo Fusion Tour gets underway.  The tour, headlined by emo-rock band Hawthorne Heights and produced by Live Nation, will visit some 40 cities nationwide between Sept. 27 and Nov. 11.  In addition to live music, each venue will showcase the hot-selling Nintendo DS™ Lite and provide a sneak peek of Nintendo's upcoming console, Wii™.    

"Video games are as important to the pop culture landscape as music," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications.  "The Nintendo Fusion Tour has become a launching pad for the best in entertainment, from the hottest new bands to the best upcoming Nintendo products."    

Hawthorne Heights will lead the bill, which also includes Relient K, Emery, Plain White T's and The Sleeping.  Many of the band members grew up playing Nintendo games, and the Nintendo Fusion Tour brings their two passions together.    

"Nintendo always picks great rock bands, and we are happy to follow in that tradition this year," says Hawthorne Heights singer JT Woodruff. "But mainly, I am an old-school video game nerd.  I still have my NES with over 500 games.  I love everything Mario, and I accept no substitute.  Bring on Wii!"    

With their debut, "The Silence in Black and White" shipping platinum and "If Only You Were Lonely" at gold status, it has been a whirlwind year for Hawthorne Heights.  After television appearances on Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Kimmel Live, the cover of magazines like Billboard and Alternative Press, a chart-topping alternative radio hit with "Saying Sorry" and video omnipresence on music television, the band has made legions of fans.  See their new single, "Pens and Needles" on MTV's Total Request Live this summer.    

Gotee/Capitol recording artist, Relient K, will release their fifth full-length album this Fall. Relient K have come a long way from their high school days in Canton, Ohio where they wrote some of their first songs in a Wendy's break room.  They have headlined Warped tour, been nominated for Grammys, had singles in The Billboard Top 40 charts and have had three Gold records in a row.  Matt Thiesen, lead singer for Relient K, says of the tour; "I RC Pro Am really Excite Bike about this Rampage of a tour."    

For Seattle-based Emery, being on the road isn't a way of life ... it's THE way of life.  Through years of pedal to the metal touring, Emery has amassed an undeniably loyal and dedicated fan base.  With their well known frenetic, sweat soaked performances, and after selling over 200,000 records, the guys in Emery won't be pulling back their weighty passionate rock anytime soon.    

Chicago quintet Plain White T's are bringing energetic power pop and heartfelt lyrics to a whole new generation of young rock enthusiasts.  With over 5 million total plays on MySpace.com and nearly 200,000 devoted friends, they are riding an unparalleled wave of frenzied word-of-mouth buzz.  Plain White T's are known for their passionate and dynamic live set that always gets the crowd moving, and their show-stopping acoustic hit, "Hey There Delilah," will have every girl in the audience singing along at the top of their lungs during the Nintendo Fusion Tour.    

The Sleeping hit the studio in February 2006 with Michael Birnbaum and Chris Bittner at Applehead Studios (Coheed and Cambria, Straylight Run) to record their Victory debut, "Questions and Answers."  The songs are packed with undeniable hooks and contemporary textures, but their sonic landscapes are a lot like atmospheric and progressive bands from the 90's like Incubus and At The Drive In.  Doug Robinson, vocalist, said, "Our influences are really, really all over the place.  We listen to everything from Nine Inch Nails to The Police to The Mars Volta; somehow we were able to take four diverse musical opinions and craft them into one interconnected album."  From breakdowns to bongos, The Sleeping forges its own path and has a lot of depth that is often neglected by many fledgling bands.    

Past Nintendo Fusion Tours have featured top bands like Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Story of the Year and Evanescence. For ticket availability, the latest tour information and news about the Nintendo Fusion Tour, visit www.nintendofusiontour.com.  The site will be updated as complete details about this year's tour become available.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Announces Fusion Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »
Pales compared to last year. PALES.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 04:54:03 PM »
emo-rock and wii, the two great tastes that taste great together.

Pales compared to last year. PALES.

what was better about last year?
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline obscureownership

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Announces Fusion Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 05:01:51 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering

I higly disagree with you, good sir. Atleast the part about emo.

"we all no the revolutions gonna be worse than 360 and ps3 but hey its cheaper and i dont even think im gonna get any of them because i dont waste 400 bucks on sum crap that destroys your brain and cuts away from you guitar playing time!!!!!!!!!"

-A Review of the Wii by Cheese from Amazon dot

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 05:17:34 PM »
I would had never expect the term "emo-rock" to be used in an official press release, isn't it pure internet speak? and is kind of derogatory too. Or maybe I expend way too much time in forums

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 05:29:32 PM »
Jeez.....

Give me some funk or some reggea or some jazzy rap or some jam bands or something....

SOMETHING ELSE!
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »
I went the first year to see My Chemical Romance (MCR) it was an awesome concert : ).  Too bad I hate ALL of these bands : (.  If anyone goes check out some PR people there, they have all these cool pins and retro nintendo patches they give away for free.  They knew I was a huge Nintendo fan and gave me HANDFULS of free stuff so just look out for them.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 06:27:19 PM »
im actually considering goign to this. not becuase of the bands (since their god awfull) but because theres a chance i might get to play with wii before its released (depending on where they play before launch and if its close by)

i'll just be sure to bring my mp3 player and listen to everything i have from ocremix while i wait in line for the wii.

oh and i might get to go for free, so thats a plus.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »
This dude Shaym used to say emo-rock, but then this emo kid Alex would get mad at him. I didn't care because they're both underclassmen.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 08:15:20 PM »
Cool things like this never come close to me, the closest they come is New York City(which is a f*cking 6 hour drive for me). That's the same problem I had a few years ago when it came to Pokemon, I couldn't get Mew and Celebi the official way because the closest they came with their tour was 6 hours away.

I hope they come to a closer city than NYC so I can play some Wii games early(since stores will likely only have a small selection of games playable at kiosks).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »
i enjoy the relient K, maybe I'll check it out if it is close enough.

and the tour ends Nov. 11th, a saturday. coincidence???? I think not, I call a nov 12 release based on this press release, of course it is pure speculation.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »
I was about to ask if anybody has actually heard Relient K.  Not the best band, but certainly not as bad as you all are making them out to sound.  Now the rest of the list....

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 09:01:23 PM »

what was better about last year?

And Panic! At the Disco
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »

Originally posted by: MattVDB
I was about to ask if anybody has actually heard Relient K.  Not the best band, but certainly not as bad as you all are making them out to sound.  Now the rest of the list....

Actually, they are pretty generic alternative but they put on a really good show. I've been to a concert of theirs and highly enjoyed it.  Their album that i have is so-so but since this is live, that doesn't matter.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »
relient k's singer looks disturbing to me. i actually have heard a number of their songs and still dont enjoy their brand of music, or any other band on the bill. as louie said, its pretty generic.

but anyway, the singers looks bug the crap out of me. he's too blond haired and blue eyed and it comes off as creepy. kinda like those kids from that movie i guess... maybe thtas why it bugs me
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 10:10:07 PM »
generic alternative

The mere look of that makes me think that genre needs a new name.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 12:33:17 AM »
Why is Nintendo's fusion tour made of fail? All the bands that were ever in it suck, except MAYBE Evanescence.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 02:52:59 PM »
Heavens no! The Fusion Tour is much better than Spaceworld/Shoshinkai.

Trust me, after Kutaragi takes the stage in TGS, everybody's going to be saying "Sony whooo? Sony whooo? Sony whoooo?"
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 09:30:57 AM »
Nintendo Fusion Tour Site has been updated

July 28, 2006

The Nintendo Fusion Tour promises to be one of the hottest tickets of the year. The cross-country tour, produced by Live Nation, will be headlined by Hawthorne Heights and will include up-and-comers like Relient K, Emery, Plain White T's and The Sleeping. In addition, each location will showcase the best new and upcoming Nintendo games, including a sneak peek at Nintendo's amazing Wii console.

The tour schedule is below. Information is subject to change. For the most up-to-date information about the Nintendo Fusion Tour, log onto nintendofusiontour.com.

Sept. 27 Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 28 Indianapolis
Sept. 29 Detroit
Sept. 30 Cleveland
Oct. 1 Covington, Ky.
Oct. 4 Philadelphia
Oct. 5 Worcester, Mass.
Oct. 7 Pittsburgh
Oct. 8 New York
Oct. 9 Norfolk, Va.
Oct. 10 Winston-Salem, N.C.
Oct. 11 Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Oct. 12 Orlando, Fla.
Oct. 13 Atlanta
Oct. 14 Jacksonville, Fla.
Oct. 15 Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Oct. 17 Jonesboro, Ark.
Oct. 18 New Orleans
Oct. 19 Houston
Oct. 20 Dallas
Oct. 22 Phoenix
Oct. 24 Anaheim, Calif.
Oct. 25 Los Angeles
Oct. 26 San Francisco
Oct. 27 San Diego
Oct. 28 Las Vegas
Nov. 2 Spokane, Wash.
Nov. 4 Denver
Nov. 5 Kansas City, Mo.
Nov. 6 St. Paul, Minn.
Nov. 7 St. Louis
Nov. 8 Milwaukee
Nov. 9 Des Moines, Iowa
Nov. 10 Champaign, Ill.
Nov. 11 Chicago

Do they usually complete tours before system launches, or would they launch during a tour?

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »
It's a tough call.

On one hand, I want this console more than any console I've ever seen, and the Fusion Tour will still be EXCELLENT advertising for the Wii (apparently, primarily marketing to emos).

On the other hand, Nov. 12th could be the launch date and still be a week or two ahead of the PS3.

I'm hoping for the former...damn I want this console...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 05:40:49 PM »
I'm happy for the USAns, but what about Canadians? I don't mind if we don't get concerts (if we would, it better be Canadian bands, example Billy Talent) but at least let us experience it too. Yes, I so want to try it out, I can't help it that I'm a tech geek.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 07:00:07 PM »
From what Shecky said in the other thread, the Tour before the DS launch had one DS behind glass and that was it.

I'm not about to endure the sight, sound and smell of 30,000 emos to look at a Wii behind glass when the kiosks will likely be in stores by then.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 09:47:55 PM »

Originally posted by: obscureownership

I higly disagree with you, good sir. Atleast the part about emo.

Seriously, I'm not into the emo thing at all.

Actually, I agree with Requiem, as far as musical choices go....
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon