Author Topic: Mario Galaxy  (Read 237766 times)

Offline hylianhero5249

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Shogun Gamer
Re: Mario Galaxy
« Reply #1250 on: November 08, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »
I never finished SMG on my old Wii.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #1251 on: November 08, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
I've finished with Mario, and stopped at about halfway through with Luigi.  I really want to open that final level (one more opens, right?), but some of the Luigi variants are very hard.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 08, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »
And people say Nintendo doesn't make challenging games anymore ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 09, 2009, 02:32:29 PM »
Like many others my least favourite star was the 100 coins on the disappearing platforms. I'm not looking forward to that with the less reponsive Luigi.

It wasn't that hard.  ;D

The one I hated the most was the one there you had to blow up all the garbage with bombs in like 30 seconds.  I probably tried that one at least 50 times.  God, it sucked so bad. 
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 10, 2009, 05:39:56 AM »
That one wasn't that hard either, I did it in like 4 tries. It was just annoying that the bombs tooks so long to explode.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 27, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »
This is a big bump, but I've been trying to get all 120 stars in this recently so I can move on to the sequel. My reason for the bump is that I feel a serious need to complain about the purple coin challenge in the bee galaxy. This may be the absolute most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in a Mario game. I died twice in a row with 70-some purple coins and somehow went back for more, only to die with 97 of them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 27, 2010, 01:55:35 PM »
Man up, chump.

Take your time.  Don't get careless.  If you try to rush through it, it'll only take longer because you'll fail and have to start over.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 27, 2010, 02:00:34 PM »
You don't get to 97 being careless and rushing. I just hate that goddamned honey that doesn't let you jump right.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 27, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
Which bee galaxy? I think there were two. Eh, I guess it doesn't matter which, just go for the most troublesome coins first. And I agree, the purple coin stars (and some of the other comets) really drag down Super Mario Galaxy from greatness. Thankfully there are a lot fewer of them in the sequel, and the ones which are there are generally the ones where you need to collect them along a linear path within a time limit.