Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204874 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4400 on: March 23, 2019, 12:17:52 AM »
I still don't believe Dark Phoenix sees a theater release.
When was that supposed to come out?
I still haven't seen a trailer....

Dark Phoenix is still scheduled for a June 7 release. The trailer came out almost a month ago. I’ve been avoiding it since I still haven’t seen Apocalypse.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: March 23, 2019, 01:41:15 AM »
You forgot Human Centipede.

I still haven't seen part 3. I wasn't in a rush.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:29 AM »
Yeah, I was goin to say, I saw a Dark Phoenix trailer before Captain Marvel...

You forgot Human Centipede.

I still haven't seen part 3. I wasn't in a rush.

ehh.  I honestly believe the first one is a good movie.  Very well made and does what it intends to.  It's never going to win any awards, but worth a watch if these kinds of movies are a thing you're into. The gore is kept to a minimum and, all things considered, tastefully done.  The... other aspect is touched upon, of course, but is never really made the center of the focus,

The *second* movie... yuck.  I don't really recommend it, even if you thought the first one was the best movie eer made, I still wouldn't recommend it,  The first movie is more of a psychological mind-****.  This is pretty much a gross-out snuff film.

The *third* movie... If you liked the first and made it through the second - you should watch it, but you're not missing anything if you don't.  It has none of the mind games of the first, about 10% of the gore from the second, and plays out like a parody of the premise of the first two films.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: March 23, 2019, 07:04:48 PM »
I still don't believe Dark Phoenix sees a theater release.
When was that supposed to come out?
I still haven't seen a trailer....
http://youtu.be/1-q8C_c-nlM

Dark Phoenix is still scheduled for a June 7 release. The trailer came out almost a month ago. I’ve been avoiding it since I still haven’t seen Apocalypse.

I haven't seen a trailer on purpose.
It played before Captain Marvel, and somehow I still missed it. I must've been playing on my phone or something. I have no faith in any of the Fox mainline X-Men movies. Good thing after Dark Phoenix (which Disney will hopefully put on limited release before putting it out of it's misery quickly) we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: March 24, 2019, 06:39:48 PM »
Update to Disney's Billions: Captain Marvel sitting at $910M WW as of this weekend. like to cross the mark by next weekend!! 1st movie of the year, and already hit the mark once... how many more cross that line, and will Disney be able to generate $10B WW at the Box Office this year?

« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:41:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4405 on: March 24, 2019, 11:23:05 PM »
Ten is such a tough number, but they can possibly do it.  IW crossed $2 billion, so Endgame should do at least that.  Now, EpVII did $2B, but EpVIII only did $1.3B.  So, I only expect EpIX to do ~$1B.  Toy Story is good for $1B (consistent with 3). 

Frozen did $1.2B, but the album itself went platinum the year after it came out (and I think was the only album to do so that year?).  I mention that to say a) the movie was more popular than its box office (obvi) but also to point out that the audience could likely be starved since it's been a while.  So, I expect that to hit $2B.

So that's:
CM - $1B
A:Eg - $2B
TS4 - $1B
Fro2 - $2B
SW EpIX - $1B

That's $7B right there.  Between Dumbo, Aladdin, Lion King, and Maleficent could reasonably do $3B collectively.  And I expect LK to do $1B.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: March 24, 2019, 11:33:23 PM »
Thats not even counting marvels box office bonus (sm:ffh)

So it's very possible... I need to look up the record for the amount any 1 studio has made in a single year.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: March 24, 2019, 11:43:18 PM »
Seriously, and I haven't looked - but are there any FOX films of note (besides Dark Phoenix, which I'm kinda looking forward to just hoping FOX did something *fun* with the movie knowing it was basically going to be the last.  Or, maybe, Disney/Marvel can take it back under the knife and tack on some kind of ending/post credits scene that ties it to the MCU somehow.  Like someone waking up in a cold sweat and cracking a joke about how terrible of a dream that all was or something) that would add to the top of Disney's Box Office take?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4408 on: March 24, 2019, 11:47:03 PM »
Thats not even counting marvels box office bonus (sm:ffh)

So it's very possible... I need to look up the record for the amount any 1 studio has made in a single year.

Agreed.  Their cut of FFH should get them over the hump if their live actions remakes under perform.  Maleficent 1 only did ~$750M, so I kinda assumed Dumbo and M2 would do less (~500M+) and Aladdin would do closer to BatB, which did $1.2B.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4409 on: March 24, 2019, 11:51:42 PM »
Seriously, and I haven't looked - but are there any FOX films of note (besides Dark Phoenix, which I'm kinda looking forward to just hoping FOX did something *fun* with the movie knowing it was basically going to be the last.  Or, maybe, Disney/Marvel can take it back under the knife and tack on some kind of ending/post credits scene that ties it to the MCU somehow.  Like someone waking up in a cold sweat and cracking a joke about how terrible of a dream that all was or something) that would add to the top of Disney's Box Office take?

Alita Battle Angel has done about $400M world wide, if you wanna count it. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: March 25, 2019, 12:01:02 AM »
Damn UB... I totally forgot to look up whatever Fox had planned for the rest of the year too. LOL
Disney taking all profits from whatever manages to get released from here on out.

as far as post credit scene for Dark Phoenix... right after the final scene, the image zooms out to reveal that it was Deadpool reading a book to a group of young mutants. He slams the book shut, and then makes a comment about how terrible fan fiction can be sometimes and how he prefers his comic panels straight from the source (brown nose Marvel Studios moment).

There should definitely not be any direct connection to the MCU though.

unless the one waking from the cold sweat of a bad dream was Scarlet Witch as she screams "NO MORE MUTANTS!!!" and then we can all watch in real life as New Mutants fades from existence.

she will later, after getting her Thor-like power boost, recall that bad dream, and then actually create mutants because why the **** not.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: March 25, 2019, 12:17:57 AM »
Here is what 20th Century FOX has scheduled for the rest of this year:
Breakthrough   4/17/19
Ad Astra   5/24/19
Dark Phoenix   6/7/19
Stuber   7/12/19
New Mutants   8/2/19
Spies in Disguise   9/13/19
The Art of Racing in the Rain   9/27/19
The Woman in the Window (2019)   10/4/19
Untitled James Mangold   11/15/19
The Call of the Wild   12/25/19

FOX Searchlight:
Tolkien   5/10/19

I'm not seeing any money makers outside of maybe Dark Phoenix, and we all know New Mutants will not grace the Silver Screen.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: March 27, 2019, 12:22:47 AM »
I only expect the Disney Renaissance remakes to do well in the box office. Dumbo could pull a Jungle Book or it could pull a Cinderella, and Maleficent 2 is probably getting 300-400M based on Jolie alone, but who knows?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4413 on: March 27, 2019, 05:00:20 AM »
Damn UB... I totally forgot to look up whatever Fox had planned for the rest of the year too. LOL
Disney taking all profits from whatever manages to get released from here on out.

as far as post credit scene for Dark Phoenix... right after the final scene, the image zooms out to reveal that it was Deadpool reading a book to a group of young mutants. He slams the book shut, and then makes a comment about how terrible fan fiction can be sometimes and how he prefers his comic panels straight from the source (brown nose Marvel Studios moment).

There should definitely not be any direct connection to the MCU though.

unless the one waking from the cold sweat of a bad dream was Scarlet Witch as she screams "NO MORE MUTANTS!!!" and then we can all watch in real life as New Mutants fades from existence.

she will later, after getting her Thor-like power boost, recall that bad dream, and then actually create mutants because why the **** not.

I think the Deadpool end credit would be a perfect way to close out that universe in a tongue and cheek funny way.  I know people love that universe, but honestly the X-men franchise has been pretty hit or miss with probably only true X-men movies and 2 Wolverine movies that are worth anything. 

Though, I think that it would also be very rude to the true fans of the franchise and therefore won't happen.  But honestly since Deadpool and the X-men franchise seems like really different worlds I can see it working.  The Deadpool X-men universe feels like it COULD be the real Marvel universe.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: March 27, 2019, 06:39:03 PM »
There are no good X-Men movies. First class and Days of Future Past are the best ones, but they're not even that good.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: March 30, 2019, 06:58:28 AM »
FYI Movie times for End Game have shown up at my local theaters, but they are not available to purchase tickets.

3hr, 2min is the time listed.

be on the lookout to get your tickets.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: March 30, 2019, 10:57:29 AM »
Over 3 hours? Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Mr Fantastic better show up

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: April 02, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »
Looks like Akira is about to shoot in Cali in the not so distant future....
https://deadline.com/2019/04/leonardo-dicaprio-akira-california-tax-credits-warner-bros-paramount-1202586735/

helmed by Taika Waititi
Leonardo DiCaprio is the Exec Prod on this one as well
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 09:45:40 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: April 02, 2019, 07:50:30 PM »
Endgame smashes the Fandango 24hr pre-sale tickets record set by TFA in 2015
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/final-avengers-endgame-trailer-advance-ticket-sales-clog-sites-1198761?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fandango_endgame_starwars

And it did it in only 6 HOURS!!

$1B WW OW
@me 😂

Remember when I said that The MCU is this generations Star Wars, and someone countered with "but Black Dynamite.... Star Wars is this generations Star Wars!"
Lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:01:11 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: April 03, 2019, 01:36:08 AM »
Remember when I said that The MCU is this generations Star Wars, and someone countered with "but Black Dynamite.... Star Wars is this generations Star Wars!"
Lol

Anyone saying that is very out of touch with what is happening with Star Wars right now. I think you were right on the money back then even if we didn't see it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: April 04, 2019, 12:30:29 AM »
HIGHER. FURTHER. FASTER.
Captain Marvel soars past $1Billion WorldWide
www.deadline.com/2019/04/captain-marvel-crosses-1-billion-worldwide-box-office-1202587556/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: April 04, 2019, 03:06:30 AM »
Well I'll be damned..... Disney released their full 2019 slate.... and New Mutants is still getting a theatrical release!?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4422 on: April 04, 2019, 05:45:58 AM »
The money is already spent.  I guess they think they can make up the money spent with the launch.  New Mutants looked way more interesting than Dark Phoenix.  I am guessing that there will not be a reboot of the X-Men franchises instead they will just be included in a Marvel storyline somehow.  Though honestly, I kinda wish the series will be shelved for a year or 2...and then be introduced again later. 

Personally, I could see X-men vs. Avengers making a good 2 part series that could be a more intimate sequel to this massive Infinity War saga.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: April 04, 2019, 06:00:14 AM »
Though honestly, I kinda wish the series will be shelved for a year or 2...and then be introduced again later. 

I think that's a very safe bet.  I'm expecting that all you'll see with X-Men is a single character (probably Wolverine) turning up in an existing movie.  That'll branch off into X-Men focused stuff. 

Having said that, I would dearly love if Hugh Jackman brandished the claws one more time in Endgame.  He has always said he wanted to join the MCU, and this would be the perfect time to send him off and pass the mantle to a new actor.  It'd also be the perfect time to finally have him don the yellow and blue.  He's snuck into an X-Men movie before, I am confident he could do it again.    Imagine the roar of the audience if Hugh suddenly walked into frame and released the claws for the final confrontation.  "Need a hand bub?"

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4424 on: April 04, 2019, 07:07:16 AM »
Though honestly, I kinda wish the series will be shelved for a year or 2...and then be introduced again later. 

I think that's a very safe bet.  I'm expecting that all you'll see with X-Men is a single character (probably Wolverine) turning up in an existing movie.  That'll branch off into X-Men focused stuff. 

Having said that, I would dearly love if Hugh Jackman brandished the claws one more time in Endgame.  He has always said he wanted to join the MCU, and this would be the perfect time to send him off and pass the mantle to a new actor.  It'd also be the perfect time to finally have him don the yellow and blue.  He's snuck into an X-Men movie before, I am confident he could do it again.    Imagine the roar of the audience if Hugh suddenly walked into frame and released the claws for the final confrontation.  "Need a hand bub?"

Wolverine is honestly a pretty low level powered character in the MCU.  I could totally see them recruiting anyone left in the universe to help with the battle and it just happens to bring one lone mutant out from hiding.