Author Topic: Nintendo Shares Lowest in Over Five Years  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Shares Lowest in Over Five Years
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 05:29:30 PM »
Well, technically the box was seen in E3 2005 and the controller with tech demos in TGS 2005. E3 2006 was where they showed the actual games we would be playing.

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »
My mistake, Nintendo's stock was rising from the time the Wii was shown at E3 2005 and was still on the rise by E3 2006--it didn't drop once the Wii was shown--unlike now.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »
There's a reason that some people never bought anything else but Wii Sports--it's because Nintendo never followed it up with anything.

Please, elaborate.  If you're saying a substantial amount of Wii owners never bought a game (since WS came with the console), then please, show us the numbers.  How many we talking here? 70%? 50%? 30%?

Must be a lot for you to reach the conclusion that Nintendo never released a Wii game "people" found worth purchasing.

Unless, of course, the emphasis here is on the "some" in "some people" ... in which case this is a wasted conversation.  I'm sure "some people" used the Wii as a means of footwear, that doesn't mean Nintendo joined the fashion biz.

The Wii was supposed to be a return to the old school--

Where are you getting that?  What part of "never before seen control scheme" and codename "revolution" says "return to the old school"?

For the record: Nintendo's stock rose after E3 2006's Wii unveiling.

A company called Nintendo doesn't think so ...
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=160345

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
footwear
I didn't click this, but the headline tickles me.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
for the record, I'll never forget that post because I got banned from Kotaku for asking: "this is gaming news how?"

oh, shoddy journalism.  You're so hilariously depressing. =P

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/31/nintendos-stock-price-since-july-2004-its-increasing/
those don't look like falling stock prices to me.

As far as some people go.
I know my parents haven't bought anything for their wii since they got one in 2008.  Same story with other relatives and friends.

And, I'd say making the controller shaped like an NES controller, and not having an analog stick, is quite clearly a step in the old school direction.  Same goes for not keeping up with graphics, online, and having a pack in game that's focus was local multiplayer.  If the Wii is all about new controls, where are the motion control games?  Wii sports is really the only one that "couldn't" be done on another controller worth anything.  So, where are all the great motion control games?  The Wii took off, not because it was new, but because it was fun--old school fun.  Look at NSMBWii, even though it's production values suck and isn't a very inspired game, it sold 2x as much as mario Galaxy, the much more polished, NEW, game.