Author Topic: Luigi's Mansion 2  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Luigi's Mansion 2
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
This game actually makes me want a 3DS. I loved the GameCube game but it was so short, but with multiple mansions this one looks to bring a lot more content.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Luigi's Mansion 2
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
I'm hoping the mansions carry a lot of different themes.    At least in the trailer you get the sense of an Egyptian tomb, and possibly a castle looking one..   Although it could have just been a hall with armor knights in it..    Would make the game a lot more diverse though to see some varied designs in the mansions.

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:37:14 PM »
i will likely be buying this game, some have said the demo was choppy or weird, but i am sure that will be cleaned up

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »
Yeah, loved the first one.  It's on my watch list.  Yeah, I don't own an 3DS yet but I wil by the fall--Black Friday here I come again.

Offline Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 06:45:04 PM »
The day before E3 I was thinking of Luigi's Mansion. I was like I really wish they made a sequel for that game, it was a lot of fun and I liked the cartoony spooky style to it. Then they announced it at E3. I bought a 3DS the next day :).

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
I was very excited to hear about this one.  I also loved Luigi's mansion, and I've wanted a sequel for a long, long time.  It would be nice if they would add some more puzzle elements to this game, but without some of the annoying backtracking that was in the first game.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline iamangel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »
This game should be awesome. I loved the first one and I was surprised to discover that the original had stereoscopic 3D capabilities when the monitor technology was not even readily available to the public.
I want to Buy Nintendo 3DS. I think the FurReal Friends Cookie and furreal gogo my walkin pup will sell just as well.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »
Never played the original, but after watching the 3ds video, I'm definatly interested.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »
I'm actually looking to get a copy of the original and find a way to sneak playing it when my wife isn't around somehow...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »

Offline readyletsgo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 06:47:12 AM »
Totally want this game!
Anyone know when it will be released? Summer 2012?

Got Luigi's Mansion 1 yesterday, controlles are a little mah, hope they are better on the 3DS.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon commercial!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
I can't believe we've been watching this game since E3 2011! Holy shrimp!

Enjoy this cool commercial for Dark Moon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1Wgp5wVgNnU

Why do I have such a hard time posting Youtube videos? Can someone help me out? I can't imagine what I'm always doing wrong, I know I did it before.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:39:18 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
Caterkiller, delete the "feature=player_detailpage&", and "#t=0s" parts.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
I've never played the original, but I'm a huge fan of the Strikers games and adored Punch Out!! on Wii. That, plus the fact that the latest trailer was pretty cool, has got me excited to try this game. It's not a definite buy for me at this point, but I'm certainly interested.
Gouge away.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »
I finally finished this yesterday.

While I had a blast, I do think that that Luigi's Mansion 2 was right on the cusp of overstaying it's welcome. By the time I got to the Secret Mine (possibly even before then) I feel like I had seen everything the game had to offer. It's a damn charming game, it looks great, and Luigi is hilarious, but it was definitely beginning to lose momentum towards the end. It's for that reason that I'm kind of glad it ended when it did. An hour or two more and I probably would never have seen it through to the end.

*Also, was it just me or did this iteration of Mario look kind of creepy?
Gouge away.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »
I have spent so much time only on the first mansion and enjoying almost every bit of it. With my completionist personality I can't move on to the next mansion without every Boo, 3 Star, and Gem. Hopefully I don't feel the fatigue too long before the end. Some of those things are so hard to get! Trying  not to get hit with a room full of ghosts is very frustrating but I guess I will get better.

Back in the cube days when this was announced all I wanted was more 3d Mario platformers, now I want more unique experiences like this. Wish I have the first a chance.

RomanceDawn

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »
@Caterkiller

For what it's worth, I also spent quite a lot of time on the first three mansions and I think that's what contributed to me being, lets say, less enamoured with the second half. If you think you have a higher tolerance for the scavenger hunt style gameplay than me then by all means hunt away; but if you do find yourself growing a little weary of it, then I wouldn't worry about just blowing through sections of it. As far as I can tell there isn't a great reason to go out of your way to get Gold medals, and even the Boo medals didn't unlock anything particularly memorable for me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:09:30 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 02:23:23 AM »
Good to know. I wonder if I can resist the urge?

RomanceDawn

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
First mansion or two I kept replaying missions to get all the goodies. By the third I got most everything there was except a few gold medals. For the last ones I just did my best to find all I could the first time through as I've lost all desire to replay missions. In part it is because I have no idea which missions have the gems hidden in them and I don't really want to tear apart a level I got both the boo and gold medal on just because there MIGHT be a gem nestled away somewhere.

They should have given the option to not end the mission right when you finish the primary goal. Being able to keep playing and finish everything in one go would have avoided all of the fatigue methinks. It caused me to be paranoid I would unwittingly trigger the level ending. I like being given the luxury of mopping things up instead for being forcibly dragged out of the mansion.

I think the first game never did that to you for the sake of creating 'missions'. This creates a lot of unnecessary padding that also helped to drag out the experience.

The multiplayer sure does make up for it though. Feels like I've barely scratched the surface of that beast.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast