Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS  (Read 40461 times)

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing 3DS
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
It is indeed the ultimate game for me to buy digitally.  Where I can always load it up without having to swap cartridges.  When it was announced I thought that would be nice, but didn't think we would ever see retail games coming to download.

So given that Mario comes out in August Digitally, It does give good hopes that Animal Crossing will take advantage of it.   That would be quite wonderful if it did.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
I noticed no one has put up the new trailer we got from the most recent ND.  Here is the link for those that haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoklEKhGhM

This trailer shows a lot more compared to the last one we received.  At various points, you can see your office as mayor, going through a catalog of town upgrades, and a new shoe store it seems.  If anyone on here can read or speak japanese, I'll appreciate any translations you can make from it.  There's one point where the character walks throug an entrance accross the railroad tracks but its not shown where that leads.  Based on the old maps shown months back, I would assume its to head to the new shopping area located on the north end of the map. 
Anyways, I wish this game would come out in December the latest.  I need this game in the worst way and there's nothing better than going through the holiday season running around this little virtual world.  It always gives me a feeling of wonder that I haven't had since I was a kid. 

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
Can't vouch for how accurate the translations are, but here is a video with some translations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k09p7k7JdLU

Also I can't wait for this either.  Sooo hoping it somehow makes it out in America before the end of the year.. *hopes*

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Thanks for the update, the end gives me hope for a December release.  Its due out in fall for Japan and early 2013 for Europe.  The US usually falls in between the  Japanese and Europe release dates so I'm hoping for a Winter release in the  US.  If I remember correctly, didn't Animal Crossing WW release in December?  I remember getting it as an early Christmas present. 

I find it hilarious that with all this talk of WiiU POWAZZZ, unreal engine 4, Star Wars 1313, and the Last of Us that I'm fighting an uncontrollable desire to have my Animal Crossing fix NOW lol.  Don't get me wrong, I'm into all that other stuff but none of it give me that feeling that I used to get when playing video games as a kid that I still get from AC.  There is just something about it and I almost wish I've never heard of it so that I can experience it new once again like I did back on the Cube.  There are only 2 games I've played in my life that have given me that feeling of awe, discovery, and escapeism and they were Mario 64 and Animal Crossing on the cube.

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
I'm kinda the same way Mannypon. Animal Crossing is one of those games that I can kinda escape to for a little bit each day.  Kinda like I do with a good mmo or a few other types of games.  As of right now since Diablo came out, it's now my most wanted game of the year.

Doing my best to remain hopeful for a holiday release in America.  :)

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »
Huge Animal Crossing update, I found this over in the Neogaf forums, I'll just cut and paste his/her post as it is large and I might miss out some details if I try to summerize it. 

Quoted from StreetsAhead over at Neogaf.
- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Brewster's Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a 'part-time job'.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
- New Personality: Smugļ¼› talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can't hate them.
- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.

-New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
-New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
-New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
-Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He's a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
-Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have 'planned exhibitions' of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather's little sister.
-Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
-Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
-Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook's old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
-Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
-Start the game off in a tent.
-Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

Mock and kill me if old. Taken from various scans over the last week.

Releases in 7 weeks.
Now, given there are no sources listed, I'd take this with a grain of salt at the moment even though I would assume all this info is legit.  I can't really comment at the moment as I have to leave to school in a few minutes and there is still one more post I want to make in another thread about another game. 
This game is sounding better and better the more I hear about it.  Damn Nintendo for pushing the NA release to next yr.  I needed this here by Christmas :'( . :@

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »
I'm loving hearing more about this game, especially getting to build and invest so much in your town! I absolutely can't wait to DOWNLOAD this at midnight!

-New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26

Oh man some of these names... &D

-Start the game off in a tent.

...AWESOME!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: Jump Out for 3DS
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »
Random thought: wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo used DLC to add more dinosaurs after the game's release?

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
A truckload of Animal Crossing news has arrived.  Enjoy :) .  I know all this is just going to make the wait for a US release that much more difficult. 

Here's a summary of the Japanese Nintendo Direct dedicated to Animal Crossing that took place this morning.  I got this from a member called StreetsAhead over at Neogaf.

- Talking about the game, being mayor, building house, no firm goals.
- Eguchi, producer. Going to talk to devs.
-The man and woman were the game's directors, the other woman is a planner.
- Flowers will sparkle depending off if they've been watered.
- Can design roads - they added the character for 'road'. There's a camping ground, sometimes there'll be campers - villagers who don't live in your village.
- Villagers and visitors can buy items in the recycle shop.
- There's a pot plant and the other is a music album.
- The bench and clock were stuff she placed as mayor.
- When you sit in the mayor's seat, Shizue will come up and talk to you.
- Once you've decided what to build, go with Shizue to decide where. Then they'll show you what it will look like. Donations from villagers begin.
- Don't have to go back to mayor's office once building is placed.
- Can donate yourself.
- New item: megaphone. Can say a villagers names to get their attention by speaking their name into the 3DS microphone.
- The tanooki brothers will take turns each day to service the shop.
- Halloween goods sold because it's October.
- Different types of shoes, boots and socks.
- 2nd floor is the museum shop. The four doors lead to special exhibitions. You can set the special exhibitions yourself. Hawaiian Expo, Sushi expo.
- Tanooki Housing Real Estate. Buy parts for your houses outside.
- Can decide if you want to increase room numbers and where (1st flow left, right, 2nd floor etc)
- Shisho, comedian. Started a comedy club, Club 444. Can watch his comedy shows. He has spoken dialogue during this. Can decide your reaction.
- Take photos of your expression with good timing for best result in the photo booth. Many reactions/emotions to collect.
- This is the design leader, Takahashi.
- Talking about new items.
- Can alter designs at R. Parker's
- The redesign takes 30 minutes in this instance. Changed the design and wood.
- Can create your own designs
- Entire house of Tom Nooks if you want!
- Can turn designs into QR codes.
- Model Homes now. People met through Streetpass. These are the people she's streetpassed with. Sometimes they will give you things, like ice-creams, balloons, and pin wheels.

- Up to 48 houses in three block, 16 homes per block.
- Can see with the map where the houses are using people's names.
- Toilets & urinals!! Mario stars, shells, & mushrooms!
- The woman to the left of Eguchi drew that apple as her 'Own Design' in the game.
- You can go to visit some people's villages that you've street-passed with. It's a 'dream'.
- Allows you to see how other people have set up their towns. When you have an internet connection, if someone you've street passed with has a Village number, (can search by name too) you can go into a new shop and visit their village. You can do stuff like cut trees and get fruit, but it doesn't affect their village.
- You can alter the look of City Hall, too.
- This is the sound director.
- This is the early morning theme. Second, the morning theme. Daytime theme now. Evening theme. Sky has changed color too and there's a diesel train running. And now the night theme. And now the late night theme.
- K. K. Slider, Saturday night live performances at the new Shisho's Club 444. Now for a new song. Shisho is dancing to the beat!
- DJ K.K. (K.K. Slider under a different name) performs on nights other than Saturday at the comedy club. 'House Nights' Includes NES Nights. 'Famicon Nights'.
- Can listen to the music on audio players in your house, like gramophones.
- Lots of new songs.
- Islands! The four of them are going to the island. Going by boat. A motor boat, headed by Kapp'n!
- A new song for the ride, too.
- Can get swimming suits the first time here, wearing it you can go swimming.
- Can dive for coral! Sometimes there'll be jellyfish.
- Find summer fish and bugs all year round here.
- Can trade medals got in mini games on the island to trade for the goods in the souvenir shop.

- Games are focused on Co-op.
- Tortimer appears as the Tour Guide, explains the games

- Each person has to search for their own type of fruits; mangoes, persimmons, etc.
- The faster you are the more medals you get.
- Can pick up fruits and drop them for other players in easier locations.
- This is 'Hammer', hit the little electric car.
- And that's it from the team - thanks to the staff.
- Iwata reconfirms download version; same as the retail version. Mentions the benefit of download versions.
- Official Animal Crossing twitter @doubutsuno_mori , will reveal new characters and items.
THE END!

AND...
here's the link to the whole 47 (!!!!!!) min Nintendo Direct. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU5aQT8S1CI
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:15:45 PM by Mannypon »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
OMG... just thought of this...

Since Nintendo can't put real NES VC games in AC anymore... they should invent some all-new fake retro ones!!! Or maybe even bring in Game & Watch games!!!

They could even be paid DLC!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
I thought about that at one point and it should be a no brainer but alas, no news yet on such a feature.  There is so much they could do with this game and I think I've ranted on in the past about features I'll like to see them add but I'll just quickly breeze over them again here. 

What Nintendo should add to AC: (all single and multi)
  • Board games
  • Dominoes
  • Checkers, Chess, etc
  • Cards (poker, spades, War, etc...) even provide collectable Mario cards, Zelda cards, etc
  • Water guns and balloons for summer shootemups in the village.
  • Tennis courts in each village (allow you to play singles or doubles against villagers and online against your friends)
  • Bowling allies
  • Billiards, Air hockey
  • Random 9 hole golf course generated specific to each town:  This will give you more of an incentive to visit other players towns online so you can try out their course and place a better score.

For Board games, dominoes, Checkers, Chess, and cards etc, you can play those either in your homes or in a park.  The villages will have a park with those stone tables that have the checker board painted onto it.  I don't know exactly what their called but I used to see them everwhere when I lived in Jersey. 

With Tennis and Golf, there could be scheduled tournaments for you to participate in.  Some could be village specific where you and the villagers join in.  Others could be online focused where the field is much larger and a leader board could be generated.  It could even take place over the course of a whole weekend like real golf tournaments. 

Sh*t, the tennis, bowling, billiards, and air hockey could all be in a new Rec Center building for the game.  Even better, make the Rec Center a giant tree house lol. 

All this should be done in AC, the smaller games shouldn't be that hard to create ingame and they already have Tennis and Golf engines they can use.  Just take the code for Mario Tennis and Mario Golf and work it into AC. 

All this needs to be done to help break the monotony that eventually falls in with all AC games.  This will give gamers more things to do online asside from the little options they have now.  I see AC3ds is adding some multiplayer games which is a step in the right direction but still, more could be done. 
If Nintendo were to add all this to AC, it'll be THE game of my life and I don't think I'll ever put it away. 

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:50:02 PM by Mannypon »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
They should add Frolf (Ribbit King) to Animal Crossing.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
Since Nintendo can't put real NES VC games in AC anymore...
What if your own VC games appeared instead?

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »
Since Nintendo can't put real NES VC games in AC anymore...
What if your own VC games appeared instead?

Like WarioWare games I've potentially already made?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 11:52:09 PM »
Here's a sweeeet 7 minute overview trailer (in Japanese ;/.... hopefully someone can translate).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-NS7i5N8Lc&feature=g-u-uhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-NS7i5N8Lc&feature=g-u-u

This game looks packed with content.  The wait is just getting to be torture with each trailer I see.  I might just have to learn Japanese if my condition gets worse. 

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:54:41 PM by Mannypon »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »
God, can you imagine we have to wait all the way into 2013 to get this game?!?!?! NNNGGGGGGG!!!!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2012, 02:43:04 AM »
I'm trying not to think of it, hopefully by 2013 they mean Feb the latest.  I've been replaying WW for the time being but its not helping to contain the desire.  I've even hit such a low point that at times I've contemplated learning python programming, and using the Blender game creation software to create my own perfect Animal Crossing lol.  I even got as far as modeling a 3d model of the male animal crossing character lol. 

As you can see, I have a SEVERE itch for some new Animal Crossing.  I need my fix bad. 

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
I'm also have a serious time dealing with a lack of Animal Crossing in my life. City Folk really didn't do it for me and I enjoyed Wild World much much more because of the multiple controls for the DS and CF was too much of the same. New Leaf is really the game I've been waiting for.

Here's the english trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=895koqZvihI&feature=em-uploademail-new

I think the best feature is the ability to schedule the shop hours so you can set them to when you're able to play. A lot of players are going to get much more done because of this. I think it's probably the best adjustment to the gameplay system. Also Socks, seriously. Just wait.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
Personally, I think the REAL megaton is wall furnishings.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 02:05:29 AM »
This is without a doubt my most anticipated 3DS game. Love me some Animal Crossing. (Hate me for using "love me some")  ;D
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 03:02:01 AM »
This is without a doubt my most anticipated 3DS game.

Yes... but are you in the "Wall Furniture is the best!" camp or the "No dumbo! Socks are the real innovation!" camp?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
This is without a doubt my most anticipated 3DS game.

Yes... but are you in the "Wall Furniture is the best!" camp or the "No dumbo! Socks are the real innovation!" camp?

I am in the "Whoa, you can create clothes that don't have to repeat the same pattern on the front, back, and sleeves" camp.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
I am in the "Whoa, you can create clothes that don't have to repeat the same pattern on the front, back, and sleeves" camp.
This is already possible in the Wii game.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »
As detailed as it is in New Leaf? EDIT: City Folk wasn't so memorable to me, so I could be mistaken.  :D

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »
"Animal Crossing: New Leaf sells 600K at retail, 200K digitally"

JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf