Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS  (Read 40367 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »

Update on 9/13/11

Nintendo revealed some more details, they reconfirmed that you can be be the mayor of the town,a long with revealing an interesting map showing the new AC world. I do see a cave on the right hand side, maybe that means there will be a cave to explore. Regardless looks like a more complete world then previous games. Honestly I can't wait to see more, it looks like Nintendo may actually be taking it seriously and spending some time on development with some fresh things to do.

Updated 1/19:

Looks like the game may possibly have DLC support.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/japan-animal-crossing-3ds-will-receive-dlc-down-line
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:23:46 AM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing 3DS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »
The swimming aspect is a bit strange, but it's nice to see that they are adding some more features to the game.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
I think the game looks great and I've been dieing to play some new Animal Crossing but I've been fighting the urge till this releases.  I'm just scared that it might turn out to be more of the same with very little changes.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 04:11:01 AM »
I think the game looks great and I've been dieing to play some new Animal Crossing but I've been fighting the urge till this releases.  I'm just scared that it might turn out to be more of the same with very little changes.

Yeah a very real possibility. Looking at the video it does have a few new things, but who knows? Hopefully if it is only a minor upgrade it will be more budget priced.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:38:12 AM »
Sadly I can't see Nintendo throwing it out there as a budget price . :(     Although at least we have seen a few simple things have changed.   The swimming for one.  The water being on the west side also. (I haven't played City Folk yet, so not sure if beaches could be on the east or west there)   The hanging items on the wall.  NPC's following the player.   It's not much but it gives me hope.  Nintendo likes to keep a lot of things secret so, I'm hoping there is even more in the game they are just not going to show it before hand.

*Crosses fingers*   I hope at least. :)

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »
I'm speechless that this game wasn't talked about at the conference.  I thought we'd finally get some more info on this game come june 7th.  Is this game even on the show floor?  I've seen no coverage on it at all outside of the released trailer.  This is leading me to think this won't see a release this year or they're really holding off on info.  Hopefully the NWR staff can gather some info for us.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:23:39 PM by Manny »

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
It's really weird watching the trailer for the new game and feeling nothing.  I wanted to get excited but I couldn't.  Animal Crossing is one of my all time favorite franchises but if they don't give us something new I just won't be able to play it any more.  That said, I think the online component might be the key.  I'm not sure what exactly I'm expecting, but so far Nintendo seems to be on the right track with 3DS internet connectivity.

Also, it's nice that the 3D screen finally forced them to get the interface right.  When I first imagine Animal Crossing on the DS I rejoiced that I could have the menu constantly displayed on the bottom screen, but instead I got the game on the bottom and the freaking sky on the top.  Glad to see that's changed! 
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »
It's really weird watching the trailer for the new game and feeling nothing.  I wanted to get excited but I couldn't.  Animal Crossing is one of my all time favorite franchises but if they don't give us something new I just won't be able to play it any more.  That said, I think the online component might be the key.  I'm not sure what exactly I'm expecting, but so far Nintendo seems to be on the right track with 3DS internet connectivity.

Also, it's nice that the 3D screen finally forced them to get the interface right.  When I first imagine Animal Crossing on the DS I rejoiced that I could have the menu constantly displayed on the bottom screen, but instead I got the game on the bottom and the freaking sky on the top.  Glad to see that's changed! 

I understand your viewpoint completely, it is kind of how I feel. I loved the previous AC games, but even I am tired of basically the same game with a couple of new features, like a small town, slapped into it. It will have to have something more then that, maybe not completely throwing out the formula/design but taking some decent sized steps to realizing the potential the series has.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »
Has anyone found out if this game is on the show floor?  I think a lot could be done with this one if they utilize spotpass and streetpass.  Alli ask for is nintendo to put in some interactive items like chess boards you can use and some sports to play with the animals and online like tennis or golf.  that's too much to ask though lol.

Offline Pajamas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:31:36 PM »
In the trailer, you come out of a tent. Maybe that means you can move to different towns. Maybe with swimming you can hunt for treasure buried at sea, perhaps?

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »
In the trailer, you come out of a tent. Maybe that means you can move to different towns. Maybe with swimming you can hunt for treasure buried at sea, perhaps?

I wasn't sure if that was yours or a traveling shop of some kind. Hope it is a tent, that could be really neat!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
Well it seems that there is a mailbox outside the tent so I think that could be your starter home which would be sweet. I can already see me creating my own hobo attire to complement the tent in the woods lifestyle lol.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
Some notes on the trailer:

-New musical theme.  Good omen!

-Tent has a mailbox, indicating that it can be a permanent home.  It will most likely be your starting house, but there's potential for different types of houses or perhaps greater control over your house location.

-Obviously you now have control over you shoes and pants.  Woo!

-Villagers can now follow you around.  Potential for stalkers and/or sexual predators.

-There appears to be a bee house surrounded by flowers.  That seems to indicate better control over hybridizing flowers or defending your borders with an army of bees.

-The lamp posts in the winter scene seem to be placed haphazardly, as if they were placed by the user.  Perhaps when you become mayor you will have control over such things.  Hopefully they also include forced relocation of villagers.

-Swimming and diving, duh.  Ability to drown stalkers and/or sexual predators likely.

-Beaches can now exist on the east/west of your town instead of just the south.

-The dock is long and has tires on its side, indicating that thar be BOATS.  It's most likely just the next version of the train from the original (or the taxi, or the bus), but I really hope it's something more.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 06:14:04 AM »
Some notes on the trailer:

-New musical theme.  Good omen!

-Tent has a mailbox, indicating that it can be a permanent home.  It will most likely be your starting house, but there's potential for different types of houses or perhaps greater control over your house location.

-Obviously you now have control over you shoes and pants.  Woo!

-Villagers can now follow you around.  Potential for stalkers and/or sexual predators.

-There appears to be a bee house surrounded by flowers.  That seems to indicate better control over hybridizing flowers or defending your borders with an army of bees.

-The lamp posts in the winter scene seem to be placed haphazardly, as if they were placed by the user.  Perhaps when you become mayor you will have control over such things.  Hopefully they also include forced relocation of villagers.

-Swimming and diving, duh.  Ability to drown stalkers and/or sexual predators likely.

-Beaches can now exist on the east/west of your town instead of just the south.

-The dock is long and has tires on its side, indicating that thar be BOATS.  It's most likely just the next version of the train from the original (or the taxi, or the bus), but I really hope it's something more.

Nice observations. Really though, who am I kidding, I will likely get this no matter what, just for the community aspect!

Offline Kwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 07:47:17 AM »
Nice observations. Really though, who am I kidding, I will likely get this no matter what, just for the community aspect!

I will second that on both the nice observations and will probably get it no matter what I say before hand.   

Offline mr_lakitu

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • mfgamers
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »
The trailer isn't in the Euro eShop -_- Is it online anywhere?...

Yes
Bread makes you fat? 0,0

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
My first impressions from watching the trailer was "meh", more of the same. The GCN game was my favorite game for that console because it was all so new. I wish I could see the amount of time I put into that game.

I quickly bought the DS version when it released and quickly grew tired of it because it was just more of the same.

I also bought the Wii version when it released, and again, felt it was just too similar to the others.

I'll probably buy the 3DS version when it releases but I expect I'll get that been there, done that feeling while playing. We've already collected all the fossils, caught all the fish, and collected all the bugs. Please put something else in there! And please shakeup the clothes/furniture sets. I don't want to find an MVP shirt and collect the Kiddie set of furniture for the 4th time.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 12:36:43 PM »
Perhaps the addition of swimming in the ocean will reveal fish residents.

...which means no more fishing.

...though catching frogs never bothered the anthropomorphic ones.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
I was talking to a friend the other day and we both agreed that Animal Crossing needs Minecraft and Minecraft needs Animal Crossing.

What I mean is, the Animal Crossing enviroment needs to get bigger, and you need to be able to change it more.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
I was talking to a friend the other day and we both agreed that Animal Crossing needs Minecraft and Minecraft needs Animal Crossing.

What I mean is, the Animal Crossing enviroment needs to get bigger, and you need to be able to change it more.

Definately. Animal Crossing, like I said it before is still a very unique series that has yet to reach its potential. I hope Nintendo takes this one a bit more seriously and implements some major new additions to fresh it up.

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »
i was dumb and sold my ds version thinking we would see the 3ds version summer 2011, IE now.

Now i am sad and this game looks great, i was thinking that maybe you can dive for star fish and shells instead of it washing up

also thinking that the tent is maybe where you stay when you visit a land? This console has more power for sure than ds and maybe even than wii in some ways. So why wouldn't it support certain things like that, you can do video chat in star fox and maybe 8 person races in mario kart, some new online features in AC seem likely.

Offline Mataata

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 09:18:43 PM »
I'm pretty psyched for a new Animal Crossing adventure. After a close look at the trailer, I've noticed that there seems to be bushes and other new plants as well as ornaments for the outside, such as benches, lamps, etc. This could mean for parks, stages, meeting areas, etc.

I've got good feelings for this game, and really hope Nintendo nails this one as much as they did Wild World. Darn, was that a good game!

The trailer isn't in the Euro eShop -_- Is it online anywhere?...

Yes

Here ya go: http://e3.nintendo.com/games/detail/#/3ds/animalcrossing
I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 08:16:59 AM »
Well at the conference Nintendo revealed a map of the game (which I have posted), looks like there is a cave, hope that means you can explore it. Not to mention there appears to be various locations in the water you can visit as well.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »
I don't think that's a cave.  If you look closely, you'll see a train passing by, I think that cave is a tunnel entrance for the train to come and go.  On the other side, the train goes over the bridge.  I'm loving the town image though, it leads me to think the town will be much bigger this time out.  You can even see a little house by the beach with a dock, an island to go to and various other small objects in the water.  As for the town, there seems to be a commercial district and all the way at the top I would assume would be the town hall and museum. 

One thing that has me wondering though is, given this image of the town was released, is everyone going to have a set village as apposed to a randomly created one.  Given that we have freedom to affect and change the village to our liking, I wonder if they are placing everyone with the same starting layout and its up to us to change it and make it unique.  All this has me even more interested and excited for this release now.  It seems like they are finally expanding on the AC concept even if it's not to the extent that I would like (add  some damn sports competitions like tennis and golf to the game, along with board games and interactive items, that would complete this game for me)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
I don't think that's a cave.  If you look closely, you'll see a train passing by, I think that cave is a tunnel entrance for the train to come and go.  On the other side, the train goes over the bridge.  I'm loving the town image though, it leads me to think the town will be much bigger this time out.  You can even see a little house by the beach with a dock, an island to go to and various other small objects in the water.  As for the town, there seems to be a commercial district and all the way at the top I would assume would be the town hall and museum. 

One thing that has me wondering though is, given this image of the town was released, is everyone going to have a set village as apposed to a randomly created one.  Given that we have freedom to affect and change the village to our liking, I wonder if they are placing everyone with the same starting layout and its up to us to change it and make it unique.  All this has me even more interested and excited for this release now.  It seems like they are finally expanding on the AC concept even if it's not to the extent that I would like (add  some damn sports competitions like tennis and golf to the game, along with board games and interactive items, that would complete this game for me)

The cave I was referring to is on the far right side of the photo, it is a cave that appears to be accessed through the water.