Author Topic: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!  (Read 52436 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Reveal of new Super Smash Bros game at E3!!
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2011, 04:16:20 AM »
They should make a Smash Bros. All Stars game which has every significant character from every significant Nintendo game ever made. I'm talking like on the order of 100 different characters or something, all with unique move sets. That would be awesome.
is your sanity...

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2011, 05:16:51 AM »
They should make a Smash Bros. All Stars game which has every significant character from every significant Nintendo game ever made. I'm talking like on the order of 100 different characters or something, all with unique move sets. That would be awesome.

That would take about 10 years to make.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2011, 06:39:57 AM »
Excited, I loved SSB:B, though I hope they eliminate the clone characters once and for all, especially if the characters are unrelated (Like Falcon and Ganondorf). This applies to the final smashes as well. Out of Melee and Brawl, I probably played Brawl the most, I enjoyed the slower pace. Too bad online was horrific and the single player wasn't much better.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:43:50 AM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2011, 07:27:04 AM »
Tripping happens in real life, so I am fine with it being in games. It makes it more realistic.
I play videogames because they're not realistic. Even games touted as realistic aren't realistic. Silencers don't quiet gunshots to whispers, guards don't forget a massive security breach by an unknown assailant occurred just because they couldn't find him after 30 seconds, Steve Nash doesn't dunk etc. If I wanted realism, I could join the Army or not be Steve Nash on my own time.

Tripping is annoying even if it didn't normally affect entire matches. I don't know about you, but I hate tripping in real-life. I don't want that shizzle in videogames. And nobody played the original or Melee and said, "Golly, I wish my character would trip for absolutely no reason whatsoever."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:29:39 AM by Adrock »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2011, 08:14:05 AM »
guards don't forget a massive security breach by an unknown assailant occurred just because they couldn't find him after 30 seconds

That happened on PSN.
is your sanity...

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »
guards don't forget a massive security breach by an unknown assailant occurred just because they couldn't find him after 30 seconds

That happened on PSN.

BURN!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »
That happened on PSN.
I know you're joking, but considering that whole ordeal cost Sony over a billion dollars in damages, plus the drop in confidence from consumers and 3rd parties, I don't think Sony is forgetting about the PSN crash for quite some time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
That happened on PSN.
I know you're joking, but considering that whole ordeal cost Sony over a billion dollars in damages, plus the drop in confidence from consumers and 3rd parties, I don't think Sony is forgetting about the PSN crash for quite some time.

But isn't the joke that Sony gave up on patching security even after being warned because they didn't find/see the immediate threat. That's what caused the whole crash in the first place.

lack of security and no steps taken to patch holes even though they knew they were vulnerable.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2011, 04:01:23 PM »

That would take about 10 years to make.
Not if it were the focus of development instead of an uninspired single player mode.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »
But isn't the joke that Sony gave up on patching security even after being warned because they didn't find/see the immediate threat. That's what caused the whole crash in the first place.

lack of security and no steps taken to patch holes even though they knew they were vulnerable.
One could argue that this whole thing started because Sony included the OtherOS feature in the first place which, once the dominos fell, apparently led to Anonymous or whatever hacker group bitchslapping PSN, supposedly as a response to Sony suing George Hotz aka PS3 Homebrew Hacker Jesus. Sony could have upped security and made things harder for hackers, but every server is vulnerable. Hackers will find exploits, they always do. Sony didn't forget that there was a problem, they decided it wasn't one worth spending millions fixing which, ironically and justifiably, may cost them billions. They were warned by the hackers and laughed it off (I'm sure every major corporation would have too). They won't ever make that mistake again... or at least I hope they won't. It amazes me that a throw away joke comment basically describing Metal Gear Solid's poor AI (*C4 explodes* "What was that noise? Must have been nothing.") can cause so much trouble.

To get back on topic, do you or don't you want tripping in Smash Bros? Most people who defend tripping point out that it's not that bad, but what good is it? Seems to be pissing off the majority of players. That sounds like a good enough reason to do away with it to me.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »
Absolutely. I'm anti-tripping. Take it out. Let my faults be my own during gameplay -- not some random AI moment. Bleh.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »
I don't really care one way or another regarding tripping.  It's just one more thing that adds to the chaos of a Smash Bros. match, and it rarely ever happened to me.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »
I think the game is random enough without tripping. Though the simple solution here is a part of what made the first two games great: customization. Just make an option where you can turn off tripping.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »
In the interest of compromise I say that tripping should be kept in but it should be made an even more rare occurrance. Like instead of it happening every 2 games, have it happen every 5 games or 10 games. Make it very rare.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2011, 01:47:08 AM »
I normally trip about once a match. I once tripped 3 times in a 5 stock match that lasted less than 4 minutes. The exception, not the rule though still profoundly annoying. If you want to talk about compromise, what about an option to turn it off like Mop it Up said? I can't imagine that would take terribly difficult to program.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:00:10 AM by Adrock »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2011, 03:38:23 AM »
Mop It Up's suggestion sounds good to me. I also think in addition to being able to toggle it on or off you should also be able to set how rare or frequently it occurs.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »
Tripping should be recoverable.  So it be a little different for each character but if you are paying attention you should see your character start getting unsteady so you do a quick recovery and keep going.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »
That would just create an even bigger barrier to entry for new players. Not only would they have to learn characters, items and stages, they now have "being able to adjust for random occurances" thrown in there. Experienced players would probably learn quickly, but new comers would be at even more of a disadvantage. Just one complexity too many.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »
I always play without tripping, it freaks me out otherwise.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »
Seems like this would be plausible for 3ds or the new cafe. I would love to see a game that worked on both 3ds and on the latest nintendo console... perfection

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
If Super Smash Brothers does come out on the 3DS, I could see Nintendo implementing a augmented reality portion of the game where the player takes pictures of the environment and they become back grounds for battles. For example, take a picture of the seat of your couch and then have Mario and the other characters fight on your couch.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »
If Super Smash Brothers does come out on the 3DS, I could see Nintendo implementing a augmented reality portion of the game where the player takes pictures of the environment and they become back grounds for battles. For example, take a picture of the seat of your couch and then have Mario and the other characters fight on your couch.

No way Nintendo will do that.  Just consider all the explicit things you could take pictures of and possibly use as stages with people online or even offline.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2011, 03:00:59 PM »

No way Nintendo will do that.  Just consider all the explicit things you could take pictures of and possibly use as stages with people online or even offline.

Yeah, not only WOULD people be taking pictures of their private parts, they would probably be doing it frequently. That's the way many people are, and for that reason Nintendo can't allow it. Maybe it could be acceptable for offline mode, but that's it.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »
Offline mode is what I had in mind. The thought of Mario fighting on someone's backside is just too damn funny!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:32:08 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »
Offline mode is what I had in mind. The thought of Mario fighting on someone's backside is just too damn funny!

And it would be equally hilarious when Smash Bros. appeared in the news as part of a story about a pedophile who decided to show a kid their "Smash Bros. game" using their genitalia as a stage background over local Wi-Fi.  Sure, people can already do this with phones and cameras, but Nintendo wouldn't dare risk damage to their image and their brand with a feature like that.  It's not a bad idea, but I just don't see Nintendo taking that sort of risk in a brand so closely associated with official Nintendo mascots.