Author Topic: Best Buy to Offer Wireless 3DS Content in Stores  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Best Buy to Offer Wireless 3DS Content in Stores
« on: May 17, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »

Soon you will be able to visit a Best Buy with your 3DS and have content wirelessly transmitted to your system. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26342

Update: Best Buy’s Mark Cassutt responded to our query about the “exclusive offers.” He said, “We are working with Nintendo to identify just what those exclusive offers will be. And we hope to make the announcement soon.”

Starting June 7, 3DS users will be able to wirelessly download special 3DS content, such as movie trailers and game extras, directly to their system when visiting participating Best Buy locations. The wireless data transmission will be performed using the SpotPass and Wi-Fi functionality of the 3DS.

There will also be “exclusive offers” available through the new service, though no details were given. We've reached out to both Best Buy and Nintendo representatives for clarification.

The Best Buy service is scheduled to launch on the same day as Nintendo’s E3 2011 Media Briefing, and a day after the eShop goes live.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
Re: Best Buy to Offer Wireless 3DS Content in Stores
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 03:06:57 PM »
This sounds cool but i bet we won't fully understand what they are doing til E3

Offline TurdFurgy

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
I'm starting to like this Street/SpotPass thing.

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
...cool. let me know when they start distributing through Nintendo WFC. or whatever it is they do with the internet.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
But the problem is that I just hate Best Buy.

Though, it looks like Best Buy is really getting on the 3DS bandwagon, with the launch in New York, Triforce Johnson, and everything.  I wonder if all that hoopla paid off in sales.  I don't know about everyone else, but I got my 3DS through Amazon, because the deals were a-freakin-mazing.

In fact, is Amazon making money from video game sales?  Because they're offering the best deals, hands down, for any system's games, and not just with their low prices (Portal 2 on PC for 30 bucks!).  I'm always getting these game credits they're offering, where they give you 10 bucks towards your next game purchase or something to that effect.  Sometimes I get it after the purchase, and they let you use that on pretty much anything game related that they themselves sell. 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!