Author Topic: Wii Play Motion is coming!!  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Wii Play Motion is coming!!
« on: April 16, 2011, 07:29:48 PM »
I was browsing on Amazon and came across this brand new thing coming in June. It is essentially Wii Play 2, and like the original Wii Play this one comes with a controller bundled with it, but in this case the controller is the new Motion controller with the Motion plus thing built in. Looks like a good way of getting the new controller if you don't already have one.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Play-Motion-Black-Remote-Nintendo/dp/B004W4S1S8/ref=amb_link_355915882_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_r=18XD1CQNFSPX2E1QQZAK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1293402982&pf_rd_i=468642
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Play Motion is coming!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
I take it you don't visit the front page.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26026

I have no need for another Wiimote, so I'm disappointed that there is no stand-alone version of this title as my sister enjoyed the first game. I'm going to have to wait for a cheap price on a used copy or something.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
I take it you don't visit the front page.

I'm sure most of us don't, but I always visit the Talkback section.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »
I probably shouldn't admit this, but even I don't usually visit the front page unless I'm posting something to it. I just read things via Talkback. I'm trying to break that habit, but I haven't been successful so far.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline mamacitalew

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Movies!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:02:01 PM »
I probably shouldn't admit this, but even I don't usually visit the front page unless I'm posting something to it. I just read things via Talkback. I'm trying to break that habit, but I haven't been successful so far.

You're dead to me, new staffer.

But seriously, please visit the main page, guys. :)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »
...and that's what happens when Lauren doesn't log out of her NWR account...
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 11:35:04 PM »
Honestly, I did check the main page before I posted but I didn't see any mention of that there. I will admit I don't usually check the main page, but if I am posting something I think is newsworthy I try to see if it has already been posted. Wii Play Motion may have been on the main page at one time, but it had been pushed off by newer articles and was no longer visible when I checked. That's why I didn't see it, but I did look.
is your sanity...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 01:07:37 AM »
I meantioned this at pax, and its been mentioned here before, but there really needs to be a link to the home page from the forums. It would make it easier to do.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 01:13:09 AM »
I've asked for it numerous times, and then I think Megabyte just trolled me and turned it into a link for chatting with Rimmer (I have no idea who that is or why I would want to chat with him).

It used to be hidden in the Forum title, but they took that away too.

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
I will get teh game, my wife enjoys wii play 1, as do I, and I could use another remote, as well as a motion remote.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »
Back in the day there was a link if memory serves but its not there now.  So pretty much I might go to the Front page once a week because if it's not in Talkback or some other representation on the forum more then likely it won't be as fun.  Most the fun of this site is the feedback and how its not terrible.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »
Ever since the redesign, I've been visiting the front page less and going straight to Talkback. I keep trying to get used to it but it still feels unintuitive to me. I'm still waiting for websites to have customizable layouts, I'm surprised and disappointed it has not yet happened.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
I'll take the NWR redesign over the Gawker redesign any day of the year.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
Gawker?

*Googles*

Wow, that is pretty horrendous. I'm not singling out NWR, plenty of websites have worse designs; I can't stand the latest YouTube one and GameSpot has been awful for quite some time. Most websites these days are just plain bad, which is why it's too bad they haven't moved toward custom designs, similar to how you can select skins for the forum.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »
I think the redesign is great. I like it a lot better than the old way (and I'm not just saying that out of fear of reprisal from that slave driver Neal), but I've just been conditioned to read things in Talkback.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 03:10:39 PM »
Gawker?

*Googles*

Wow, that is pretty horrendous. I'm not singling out NWR, plenty of websites have worse designs; I can't stand the latest YouTube one and GameSpot has been awful for quite some time. Most websites these days are just plain bad, which is why it's too bad they haven't moved toward custom designs, similar to how you can select skins for the forum.

Gawker/Kotaku does, at the very least, offer two options - the second of which isn't as horrible as the first (in fact, after posting my earlier comment, I remembered there was the first  version of the site design and had to go back and look at it again.... it's so horrible).

The problem is that people generally don't like change.  Then, you get the websites that just feel that the site needs a complete overhaul for the sake of being something new*.  Then, when they change everything, and the users complain, the webmaster can't tell the difference between the "Whaaa, I hate change" whining and the "Man, this just plain sucks" legitimate criticism.  Because they put so much work into the redesign (and it is a lot of work), they either take the criticism too harshly or decide it's all in the "I hate change" bucket and then refuse to take any suggestions.  Which makes the users feel like their complaints (legitimate or otherwise) aren't being heard - so they complain louder.  Which makes the webmaster even more grouchy.

*Websites should take the Nintendo approach - instead of redesigning the website because you want something "new", you should wait until you want to provide something that you just can't do with the current design.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 03:18:25 PM »
It's a good point, and I mean no disrespect to web coders. I forget exactly what the design was before the site was renamed to NWR, but I do know I liked that new design better than the previous, so in my case it isn't that I don't want websites to change. I have no idea how difficult it would be to allow customization, and maybe that's why the Internet hasn't reached that point yet. But it's clear that different people like things a certain way, so customizable layouts would please everyone.

YouTube seems to be a case of changing for the sake of change, they've gone through several redesigns over the past couple years. I've like a couple things they added, but mostly the layouts have gotten worse. GameSpot has also undergone many changes, though I've stopped visiting the site a while ago.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:20:14 PM by Mop it up »

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
I'm working (slowly) on the type of customization you're asking for, but if you really liked the PGC layout, this page is pretty much the same thing: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/update
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »
I liked the old NWR layout, though I think it was pretty similar to the PGC layout. I just like having the navigation stuff on the left side instead of anywhere else, like how it's on the top now. That page is nifty though, I might use it. But it's nice to hear you are working on something like what I sad. I know it may sound like I don't understand and appreciate the work that goes into coding a website, but I do.