Author Topic: Zelda 25th Anniversary  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Zelda 25th Anniversary
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »
So what do you guys think Nintendo will do in honor of this event?

I'm hoping for a zelda edition 3DS bundled with Ocarina 3DS.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:04:39 PM by Drizzt »

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
Re: Zelda 25th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
everyone is saying this and i used to think no way, but the more things are happening the more i think it is true

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »
You're not the same drizzt that made a certain program for a certain online service on a certain Sony console, are you? Also, that would be awesome.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 10:51:47 PM »
He's not. I know him in real life. Drizzt is just a character in a fantasy book series he reads.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 07:21:55 AM »
I personally would like:

All the Portable Links up to the WW style ones onto 1 cart with a Super Mario All-Star touch up to allow you to use the 3D on the 3DS and the bottom screen as the item bag.
Same as above but Origintal Zelda, AoL, and Lttp.
WW redo for 3DS with 70% less Travel/Water Time.
Legend of Zelda Orchestal rescoring of all the music with original game version set.  Preferable High Quality lossless audio.
Twilight Princess for 3DS just for kicks.
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track touch-up andredo with 3D.
Ocarina 3D come with Master Quest and Majora Mask in 3D

All the above be shiny gold carts where applicable.  Just pick one from the list excluding the last three and I be pretty happy.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:08:39 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:58:26 PM »
If the Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition is any indication, then we're going to see a repackaging of the Zelda Collector's Edition for the GameCube, with a soundtrack CD and artbook thrown in for good measure.

What I would want though, is something more interesting that we haven't seen plenty of times before. It'd be cool if they packaged in things like the Satellaview version of the original Zelda, and any other such variations that might exist for Zelda games.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »
Ceric, that sounds a bit over-reaching.

I'd be happy with all the N64 games being transfered into 3D with higher textures.

Wind Waker to go would be nice, but that's not going to happen.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 10:01:07 PM »
You know you want all of Lipstick Link,
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 01:51:09 AM »
Here's a crazy idea:

Technically, this is the 25th anniversary of the 1st Zelda game, back  on NES, right? 

What if they repackaged that?  And that's it?

[Okay, take out your torches and pitchforks now!]

I would love it if they did something more substantial, like remaking the 1st Zelda with higher quality sprites or [gasp!] overhead polygons like Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.  But I think they've got everyone who can in any capacity contribute to making games working on 3DS or CAFE stuff, so I'd imagine they can't spare the manpower for something that won't be a system seller.  They even had to farm out the Ocarina 3D-make.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 02:01:50 AM »
I would love it if they did something more substantial, like remaking the 1st Zelda with higher quality sprites or [gasp!] overhead polygons like Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.  But I think they've got everyone who can in any capacity contribute to making games working on 3DS or CAFE stuff, so I'd imagine they can't spare the manpower for something that won't be a system seller.  They even had to farm out the Ocarina 3D-make.

Actually, the work is already largely done on something like a Zelda 1 remake if they wanted to do it.  They'd just have to take the Satellaview Zeldas, clean them up, replace the missing dialogue, and flesh out the world a little bit to make it more of a retail experience (or they could just offer a WiiWare version of the game as-is).  There would still have to be a fair amount of work involved due to many of the resources from those games no longer existing, but it's still less than starting from scratch.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »

Do it up as one of the 3DS Classics or whatever they calling it.  With a slight tweak of where the camera sits I think those types of games would benifit from the 3D look.  Be like a classic miniature game.

Actually, the work is already largely done on something like a Zelda 1 remake if they wanted to do it.  They'd just have to take the Satellaview Zeldas, clean them up, replace the missing dialogue, and flesh out the world a little bit to make it more of a retail experience (or they could just offer a WiiWare version of the game as-is).  There would still have to be a fair amount of work involved due to many of the resources from those games no longer existing, but it's still less than starting from scratch.