Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 118601 times)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2011, 10:31:03 PM »
Nope.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »
I remember hearing about this 10 limit so it was in the back of my mind today, I think in a podcast they said about clearing it out or remembering to check it before you turn off or something. So I'm glad I did clear it out from time to time, but I don't like that I HAVE TO PLAY the FIND MII or Puzzle Swap, I rather just do it all later.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2011, 12:29:22 PM »
Yeah, that limit is ridiculous. I didn't find out about the limit until after the press conference, so I probably missed out on a few hundred. Also, you get a pretty funny image when you realize that Nintendo employees had to be clearing out execs' StreetPasses all during E3 so that more passers-by could get tagged.

I've wondered about this.  If you have ten passes, will your system still send your Mii out to other people?

No, it won't. Because of the nature of streetpassing, where multiple passings let you leave personal messages and rate the other person, two 3DSs must share with each other, you can't do a one-way pass.

On the inverse of what MegaByte was saying, while I knew about the 10 limit, most of the time I was too busy to check my 3DS during the actual show and conferences. End result?  The only gold pants Miis I have are Peter Moore from EA and some fellow named "Karthik" from Vicarious Visions. I'm sure if I had cleared out the street pass all during the show I would have had tons more, but it didn't cross my mind at several points, especially after I had completed Find Mii and the picture collection.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
Well, that's pretty lame.

I wonder if the 3DS systems these guys are using might be running special software.  I mean, they already can do gold-pants Miis, which we can't do.  I wonder if these 3DS systems run something where they only send out the Mii and don't receive.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
I was able to score two the other day, total of like 12 over all. This console will likely soar soon, many wanting eshop and many more wanting zelda. Mario will help too.

Can't wait to get street passes in a wal mart or other such grocery store.

Offline Nintendad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »
Finally! Got my FIRST street pass today, lol. Had to go all the way to the Columbus Zoo to get it. Too bad I wasn't there very long. I noticed it within an hour of opening so I thought I might get a few. But had to leave at noon and only got the one. Atleast I know my 3DS works anyway :)

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »
I wonder if the 3DS systems these guys are using might be running special software.  I mean, they already can do gold-pants Miis, which we can't do.  I wonder if these 3DS systems run something where they only send out the Mii and don't receive.
The gold pants Miis are certainly different as you cant copy them or create QR codes. If you send them (from plaza to Mii creator or person to person) the original disappears. However, given the limited number of gold pants Miis I received, I think they were still limited somehow.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2011, 09:59:34 AM »
I've found Street Passes extremely hard to get. I now have 4 and that's only because I've been traveling. I got the first at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio. Then I got one walking around my neighborhood which nearly shocked me. I walk atleast an hour every day and usually carry it with me. It was a surprise when I got home and actually saw the green light. Then, I carried the 3DS with me at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida and picked up 2 there. It's always a nice feeling when you see the green light. Too bad it doesn't happen more often.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »
I was in Las Vegas for a Week carrying my 3DS in Street Pass Mode the whole time.  I got 4 and 1 one was Japanese.  How messed  up is that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline pandaradox

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2011, 03:00:48 AM »
At Barnes and Noble, I walked by this cute woman and I streetpassed her!  It's the new pick-up line. 

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »
At Barnes and Noble, I walked by this cute woman and I streetpassed her!  It's the new pick-up line. 
"Hey Babe, That's a 3DS in My Pocket and Yes, You can StreetPass it."
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline pandaradox

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »
Has anyone tried out Best Buy's spotpass stuff yet?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2011, 04:36:09 PM »
I downloaded Nintendo Zone the day before they got it up and running. I have used it yet, though. I'll try it out sooner or later.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »
How are you guys carrying your 3DSes around?  I tried bringing my 3DS with me to work one day (hoping for coins and not expecting or getting Street Passes), and I found it way too bulky to be comfortable in my pocket.  I'd like to figure out a convenient way to take it with me, but I fear I may end up only having it with me in the winter, since I'll have extra pockets in my jacket.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
How are you guys carrying your 3DSes around?  I tried bringing my 3DS with me to work one day (hoping for coins and not expecting or getting Street Passes), and I found it way too bulky to be comfortable in my pocket.  I'd like to figure out a convenient way to take it with me, but I fear I may end up only having it with me in the winter, since I'll have extra pockets in my jacket.
Mines been living in my pocket with my cellphone and keys since about 2 weeks after launch comfortably and I have the Nyko extended battery.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2011, 11:54:44 PM »
I once carried my 3DS in the pocket of my jeans, and it is so heavy that my jeans fell down and I had to use a belt to hold them up. It's definitely a bit much for normal pockets. I'm hesitant to place it in my purse since I'm worried what might happen to it when in close proximity to my taser, though that probably wouldn't be an option for you anyway...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2011, 11:34:14 AM »
I once carried my 3DS in the pocket of my jeans, and it is so heavy that my jeans fell down and I had to use a belt to hold them up. It's definitely a bit much for normal pockets. I'm hesitant to place it in my purse since I'm worried what might happen to it when in close proximity to my taser, though that probably wouldn't be an option for you anyway...
I think it be fine by the taser.  Unless it randomly warms up and jolts things.  Just something else with a battery.

My wallet is heavier then the 3DS I'm pretty sure.  I'll have to find my little scale and weigh both of them.  For the common adult male pocket it should be fine.

Now women pockets *shrug*  I don't know what they were thinking on those.  Though their is always the purse option unless you have a territorial vengeful taser trying to dominate the purse.

For the record I wear male 36x36 Dress Pants most of the times.  36x36 in women sizes be literally a circus tent...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:36:33 AM by Ceric »

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
I suppose I could get a European men's carryall.

For the record I wear male 36x36 Dress Pants most of the times.  36x36 in women sizes be literally a circus tent...
I see.  I wear jeans every day, and they have tighter pockets than your fancy pants.  :)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »
I see.  I wear jeans every day, and they have tighter pockets than your fancy pants.  :)
But my butt doesn't look nearly as good as yours for it. :P

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »
I finally got my first StreetPass today. I've had my 3DS since launch and almost always carry it with me everywhere I go but it still took almost four months.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »
I normally wear cargo pants/shorts so the side pockets come in handy for carrying it around. I'm now at 7 street passes, 3 of which I've gotten near my house which isn't bad. If I'm leaving the house, I usually have it with me.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2011, 02:40:10 PM »
At the all-day Harry Potter Marathon, I carried my DS with me all day and got three street passes.  One was the guy I went with.  He got five street passes.  He left his in the car.

>:(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »
I went out to meet with the Street Pass NYC group at Coney Island this past weekend, but I couldn't find anyone. However on my way to meet my fiance I actually saw a woman playing a 3DS and the only free spot on the train was next to her so I stood next to her, watched her play Resident Evil and then took my system out to play Street Fighter. We exchanged Miis and Street Fighter data. On my way home from the beach I picked up one random street pass. Finally since my fiance has a 3DS we street pass at least three times a day.
I just got my system and even though I live in New York and it's Summer getting a Street Pass is not as easy as it seems, though it's not as scarce as some other people have been reporting.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2011, 03:12:40 PM »
At the all-day Harry Potter Marathon, I carried my DS with me all day and got three street passes.  One was the guy I went with.  He got five street passes.  He left his in the car.

>:(
That a better return then I've gotten without hitting up game stores.

Offline GaMMa

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
I've got 30 StreetPasses with 36 tags total. I'd have to say only 8 of those are from passing people in public. The others are from two StreetPass events I attended. Dan O'Leary (President of nSpace) was there and he had 430 tags on his 3DS. Probably from all the gaming shows he goes to.