Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 118772 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
So, I've been away on a vacation for a bit. I was in Toronto and I must say, that place is awesome for streetpassing. I streetpassed people from the U.S. and Japan as well as other regions of Canada. The morning I left, I went on the subway in rush hour traffic about 8:30 - 9:00 am and got an easy 10 streetpasses. Just walking the streets and riding the subway while I was there during the weekend, I racked up 46 streetpasses. Made a huge dent in my puzzle piece collecting. I'm now over the 50% mark and got about 6-7 more accomplishments done on my 3DS. This is clearly a great feature for a large metro population. So much better than the 1 or 2 streetpasses I can get when going to the movie theater or walking through a mall. I even got a couple Rhythm Thief streetpasses! I never thought I'd get any of those. Boo-yah!

I guess I should start testing out these relay stations in my area though to see if I can find a way to improve my situation here in my hometown.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »
Awesome. I get 2 or 3 street passes on average to/from work. I don't get close enough to downtown, or at a good time to get more, but I'm content.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »
I went to a food court at a mall during the lunch hour. I got 1 streetpass which is about what I expected although sometimes I get none at all. I miss my high times of streetpassing already. I'm also in a tricky position. With this streetpass, I've now gotten four women in a row. If my next streetpass is also a woman, then that's another accomplishment done! If not, disaster as it is often more guys playing the 3DS. At least from my streetpass tags.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2013, 12:19:39 AM »
Khushrenada, go to a GameStop (or any place with a demo unit). Set it up so that its streepass plaza has a female mii in it, then turn on your wireless on your 3DS. Bam. 5th streetpass.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »
Interesting strategy. As it is, I went to the mall to see if I could spot any female playing a 3DS which has happened on occasion. No such luck so I took a chance and turned on the system and hoped for the best and I did it! I got a 5th female Mii. But there was no announcement of compleing the accomplishment. So I went back and read it. Turns out I have to get 5 in a row in one visit to the plaza gate not over time. All that work for nothing. Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #330 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »
Use my trick at 5 GameStops.

(I don't have this accomplishment, either....)

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 05, 2013, 01:44:45 AM »
Was listening to the 8-4 podcast today and heard the guys talking about a Streetpass maximum of 3000?  WTF?   I'm curious as to what happens exactly at 3000--  do get get to delete some older streetpasses, or does the green light just never come on?  And what about the streetpass games, especially the ones that I actually paid for (Warriors Way, Mii Force)?

I'm not anywhere near 3000 yet--  I've only got about 600 streetpasses.  But I've noticed the streetpasses becoming more and more frequent lately, most likely as sales are going up.   I'd guess at this rate, and if I'm vigilant about clearing them out frequently, I may reach 3000 in a couple years.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 07, 2013, 03:51:23 PM »
I always figured that the oldest and least repeated pass Miss would be automatically cleared out. I have a ton of single pass ones I wouldn't worry about losing. It's the ones I have repeated with that matter to me.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #333 on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »
Went to the Gold Coast for my Holidays... i got at least 5-17 per day, for seven days.
Made you look ****.

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:03 PM »
Was it just my imagination, or did Nintendo promise (during the last Nintendo Direct) that StreetPass Relay Stations would now give the last 6 streetpasses?

I haven't experienced this yet. Has anyone else?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 09, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »
That explains it.

I got my fake 3DS Relay Station up and running with a script that switches out the connection every couple of minutes.  It was giving me 6 passes on every hit, so I wondered what was up with that.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.