Author Topic: Three new Hudson WiiWare games  (Read 2552 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Three new Hudson WiiWare games
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:10:17 PM »
http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2009/03/hudson_entertainment_announce_three_new_wiiware_titles

A Nectaris sequel (apparently TBS), a Diner Dash port and a versus FPS.

After Onslaught had no PvP play I suspected that they'd try to make a new game for that mode instead of trying to shoehorn Onslaught into it so this wasn't completely unexpected. It looks pretty bad though, worse than Onslaught, reminds me of the Southpark FPS or maybe Katamari Damacy (which trimmed graphics detail to show more stuff). The blocky gouraud shaded objects look like ass IMO, especially the weapons which looks especially wrong since water pistols are usually more roundish as that works better for water tanks... Really should have used more details on the first person models, at least make the screw on the back round...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Three new Hudson WiiWare games
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:43:13 PM »
Looks like they have the D team working on these. Yucko.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:37:20 PM »
I got stuck on Onslaught on a particular stage when the difficulty ramped up pretty sharply after the first boss.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 01:31:08 AM »
I've always thought that kids waging water wars would be AWESOME...

But they gotta take it further. You need to have weapon emplacements like water cannons, you need to have water balloons, and tree forts that require storming. Yeah, you gotta take squirt guns and make some real childhood warfare out of it.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 01:35:28 AM »
I've always thought that kids waging water wars would be AWESOME...

But they gotta take it further. You need to have weapon emplacements like water cannons, you need to have water balloons, and tree forts that require storming. Yeah, you gotta take squirt guns and make some real childhood warfare out of it.
Water gun fight mixed with paintballing?

edit: after looking at the screen shots.... I'm guessing WiiWare is where Nintendo plans on dropping all those Edutainment titles?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 01:38:08 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 01:50:52 AM »
I'm interested in the Advance Wars type game since it has online play. The other two aren't that attractive to me. The PvP FPS doesn't interest me because by the time it comes out it will be relatively close to the release of Conduit and that should be my FPS satisfaction for long while.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 02:14:09 AM »
Woah, did I read that right? Co-op in Military madness? CO-OP?!?! SCORRRREEEEE!!!!!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 04:46:14 AM »
Hudson seems to be pretty intent on remaining the publisher with the most games on WiiWare. I wonder when these will come out...

I got stuck on Onslaught on a particular stage when the difficulty ramped up pretty sharply after the first boss.

That's why you're still a kid! (I assume you mean the base defense one, use the tank to snipe the far-away hives, some are slightly hidden and might require a bit of moving but don't bother with the south hive yet. Snipe the jammer bugs too while you're at it. When you have 3 minutes left on the clock the enemies stop spawning until 2 minutes left to give you some time to deal with the remaining hives, should only have the south one left, wreck it and on the way back go through the crates on the south edge of the base, you'll find the lv2 assault rifle there, if you still can't beat it then leave the tank after sniping the hives, fend the enemies off with your regular weapons until the 2:00 assault, hop in the tank then and finish it)

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
My wife is excited for Diner Dash, this has been a game she has been enjoying over the last few days.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 04:30:11 AM »
The Hudson homepage has articles on these games now, while I don't think they've revealed anything unexpected about the other two, it confirms local multiplayer for Water Warfare. Only two players local but still better than no local MP at all (also the screenshot seems to have both local and online players or possibly bots). The HUD looks like there are at least three game modes (DM, CTF and a third one, possibly Domination?).

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »
We need a sequel to Nerf Arena Blast.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
Unreal Tournament 2003?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 04:51:33 PM »

That's why you're still a kid! (I assume you mean the base defense one, use the tank to snipe the far-away hives, some are slightly hidden and might require a bit of moving but don't bother with the south hive yet. Snipe the jammer bugs too while you're at it. When you have 3 minutes left on the clock the enemies stop spawning until 2 minutes left to give you some time to deal with the remaining hives, should only have the south one left, wreck it and on the way back go through the crates on the south edge of the base, you'll find the lv2 assault rifle there, if you still can't beat it then leave the tank after sniping the hives, fend the enemies off with your regular weapons until the 2:00 assault, hop in the tank then and finish it)

It's not that level. Its the second (i think) major boss. I'm back to fighting with the controls coz i can't move back or sidestep efficiently enough to avoid his swipe or ground attacks.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 03:49:29 AM »
Well, get the lv2 SMG, practice your dodging and whenever he jumps at you give him a good whipping.