Author Topic: Madworld  (Read 108969 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Madworld
« Reply #475 on: April 20, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »
I have yet to get this. even though i put it down as high priority they decided to send me dexter season 1 instead.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 20, 2009, 09:54:40 PM »
Insert Unknown title here!  Here's a couple of my thoughts:

1.  Madworld was a new franchise and they tend not to sell very well with a few exceptions.
2.  Released at a very poor time of the year.  Sales are never that high at this time of year.
3.  It's a hardcore WII game and you can't have scramble eggs without having the chickent first.  In a way this title might convice new gamers to buying the WII which is good
4.  Just because the orginal didn't sell doesn't mean the sequel won't.  Prince of Persia is a good example of this.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 21, 2009, 01:10:17 AM »
Well I think TP will age well. It just didn't get a great immediate response. I'm already itching to replay it.

Played it 3 times now. Great game.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 21, 2009, 02:44:51 AM »
I just think that the 3d brawler is a niche game. Even among the "hardcore" it doesn't have broad appeal. Look at God Hand. It didn't sell squat on the PS2 which had twice the install base. Or look at Final Fight:streetwise. Even worse.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 21, 2009, 04:53:37 AM »
Look at God of War and Devil May Cry, noone bought that. Oh, wait...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #480 on: April 21, 2009, 05:11:03 AM »
But those are epic weapon games for PS2 gamers who had to sit through 5 years of 10 stink brawlers before they got an OK brawler.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »
I have yet to get this. even though i put it down as high priority they decided to send me dexter season 1 instead.

Dexter is amazing though. I watched half of the season to the end of the first season with some friends and I love the show. Not as bloody as Madworld, but still unnerving.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #482 on: April 22, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »
Has anybody beat the Vampire girl? I need some tips on how to beat her.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2009, 01:00:30 AM »
Has anybody beat the Vampire girl? I need some tips on how to beat her.

Hit her with your chainsaw until she dies.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2009, 01:53:47 AM »
Yeah I know that but at one point she doesn't appear to be anywhere.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2009, 03:26:53 AM »
Check the statues.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #486 on: April 25, 2009, 02:34:37 AM »
Thanks Dirk Temporo beat her and the game.

I have a question. It says after the credits that I get 2 new weapons can I use them in normal difficulty or just Hard?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 25, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »
Insert Unknown title here!  Here's a couple of my thoughts:

1.  Madworld was a new franchise and they tend not to sell very well with a few exceptions.
2.  Released at a very poor time of the year.  Sales are never that high at this time of year.
3.  It's a hardcore WII game and you can't have scramble eggs without having the chickent first.  In a way this title might convice new gamers to buying the WII which is good
4.  Just because the orginal didn't sell doesn't mean the sequel won't.  Prince of Persia is a good example of this.
1. Yes, and no. New FPS franchises tend to sell well on the first try, Bioshock sold a few thousand more copies then MP3: Wii-Ruption. Franchises that are not FPS? 50/50. No More Heroes sold well in US and Europe, and that was an artsy game.
3. The Conduit might do that. Madworld is a niche genre, and it's very artsy too. It won't move Wiis, but the established fanbase might make it a cult hit.
4. I'd rather see a new IP from Platinum that isn't in a niche genre. Okami-like game plz thk u?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 26, 2009, 04:23:44 AM »
4. I'd rather see a new IP from Platinum that isn't in a niche genre. Okami-like game plz thk u?

I think Capcom just needs to give/sell the rights to the IP to Platinum. I would love a sequel or another type of game in it's vein with new gameplay hooks and features.

I am curious what their next Wii project will be.
My Game Collection

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 26, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »
"Madworld is a niche genre"?  Do you mean for the WII because there's plenty of action games that sell at least on other consoles (Dead Rising, God of War, ect).  Yeah, there's not much of a fanbase on the WII for those types of games because there hasn't been any that were any good (yeah I know about NMH but I'll get back to that in a moment).

And you really can't compare Bioshock to Madworld neither.  Madworld was released on the WII which doesn't have the "hardcore" followers like Sony or MS meaning it has to appeal to the WII's casual user base and that's a tough for any developer.  Sega could have used a "real" actor as the main character (Huge Jackson for example) or some other marketing scheme but that would have costed extra too.  I always found it alarming that Big N doesn't give 3rd party support more coverage (like a demo sample disc of good games once a quarter or something like that). 

NMH really didn't sell--it hit the barginbin after two months which led to an inflated number.  Stores overstocked the game and since nobody bought the damn thing (100K or so the first two months in the US) they dropped the price down to $10-20.  So yeah, overall it hit 1/2 million mark Worldwide but it really didn't generate alot of money.  Was really surprised to see a sequel planned but sometimes sequels do payoff (like my example before--Prince of Persia Sands of Time sold like crap but the sequel Warrior Within sold 5 times greater).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #490 on: April 26, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »

I have a question. It says after the credits that I get 2 new weapons can I use them in normal difficulty or just Hard?
So does anybody have an answer to this.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:37 AM »
You are mistaken that the Wii does not have a 'hardcore' fanbase. Multiple people on this site call themselves that name.

Also, Madworld is a brawler. Few brawlers are able to move successfully beyond niche sales status.

And why should Nintendo give ad support to 3rd parties when half of them won't even try to do it themselves (Tenchu 4).
My Game Collection

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 28, 2009, 04:48:23 PM »

Just hard.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 28, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »
"Madworld is a niche genre"?  Do you mean for the WII because there's plenty of action games that sell at least on other consoles (Dead Rising, God of War, ect).

Black-white-red art style stuff is niche. Okami was niche and that was a Zelda clone on the most popular home console in existence. The public at large doesn't appreciate stylized games or excessive violence.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #494 on: April 28, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »

Just hard.
Ok thank you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 29, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »
Heavenly Sword sold over a million on the PS3 and it's user base is tiny.  And yeah, on this site most people would consider themsleves hardcore but I'm comparing to the overall userbase.  Okami was an adventure game and they have been dying for years, Beyond Good and Evil suffered as well even though it scored in the 90's.  Think the only new one to sell ok was the Phoenix Wright series (been meaning to pick up one of these to try).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 29, 2009, 02:10:53 PM »
Heavenly Sword sold over a million on the PS3 and it's user base is tiny.

Wasn't that one a massively hyped near launch game that was pretty much the only reason to buy a PS3 that early? Hey, Red Steel sold a million too, also on launch + hype.

Okami was an adventure game and they have been dying for years, Beyond Good and Evil suffered as well even though it scored in the 90's.

As I'm sure the crappy sales of Zelda Twilight Princess attest to... Oh, wait, that still sold many millions. How you group these games with Ace Attorney is completely beyond me though (the adventure genre that's been declared dead is the point & click adventure with no combat, not the Zelda-style action adventure).

It's the art style and subject of MadWorld that forced it into a niche, not that it's a core game on the Wii. Had they made it grey-brown and with realistic looking people and less excessive violence it'd have sold more.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 29, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »
Okami was an adventure game and they have been dying for years, Beyond Good and Evil suffered as well even though it scored in the 90's.

As I'm sure the crappy sales of Zelda Twilight Princess attest to... Oh, wait, that still sold many millions..

So where were those millions of Twilight Princess buyers at when Okami came out on the Wii? Did they buy Twilight Princess only because of the Zelda brand tagged to it? Isn't a great game supposed to sell not because of it's brand, but because it is a great game within that genre?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #498 on: April 29, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »
"Did they buy Twilight Princess only because of the Zelda brand tagged to it?"

Yes.

"Isn't a great game supposed to sell not because of it's brand, but because it is a great game within that genre?"

Games don't sell without 1) proper hype and 2) potential customers that are genuinely attracted to the product without playing it first.

Zelda fans do not care about CapcomDog, only Green Fairy Boy.  The End.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 30, 2009, 01:31:25 AM »
You mean Zelda fanboys don't care about other action-adventure games.
Zelda fans will try other action-adventure games.
In fact I will go as far to say that gamers try other games that aren't stuck to a successful brand.

Hype is needed, but the hype we talk about is only from forums, gaming sites, and well that's pretty much it. Which isn't enough to properly sell a game.
We know that.
It is actually something that bothers me is that developers know that too, but why they just don't market their product to the outside world is beyond me i.e Madworld, etcetera etcetera.