Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 932803 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3375 on: December 18, 2017, 10:11:14 PM »
I disrespect everyone in this thread.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3376 on: December 18, 2017, 10:31:47 PM »
I am an equal opportunity disrepector.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 31, 2017, 09:45:27 PM »
There are four options for what to do with Leia post-Last Jedi:

5) Shrink her down to microscopic size and inject her into Rey's body to give her the midichlorian boost needed to defeat the terrorist Ewok Resistance splinter cell.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
There are four options for what to do with Leia post-Last Jedi:

5) Shrink her down to microscopic size and inject her into Rey's body to give her the midichlorian boost needed to defeat the terrorist Ewok Resistance splinter cell.

Now you're just talking crazy.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
It was either that or into the Death Star 4's computer system, a la Stuxnet.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
It was either that or into the Death Star 4's computer system, a la Stuxnet.

Could be done through a Ze-Rey Day Exploit.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
Took them the same amount of time to add Funky Kong to DKC:TP as it took to make BOTW so you have to have faith it's going to be great.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Do you know how hard it is to contain Funky's greatness into just one game? Even Rare couldn't make him programmable. They just had to resort to cameo appearances for contained bursts of awesomeness.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Reminds me of the funky asmr video plz don't
Made you look ****.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Khush’s selective quote in the Labo news thread is a master stroke of taste, humor, and quality.

Kind of like mayonnaise.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, thank you. Just trying to reacclimatize myself with these forums after a bit of a hiatus. I have had my moments and it's good to know I can still create some new ones.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
Sorry if I've already thrown this idea out, but the Switch sales are quite interesting. Same Zelda, same Mario Kart, same touchscreen controls, no backwards compat with the biggest console of all time and yet... more success?

May I offer an alternative explanation for console war developments? The aconomie. The Wii U was released in the middle of the Oh, bummer recession while the Switch was released at the start of an economic upturn, and of course we all know the Cube was 9/11'd (likely by Sony) and there's no need to beat that dead Goldeen. Sure we can blame the "complicated" touch screen controls for Wii U's sluggish sales, but it seems like the acom.. ecan.. ah, whatever should be considered a factor as well. The last time there were 3 straight quarters of 3%+ growth was in 04-05, the start of the highly successful DS.

Yeah yeah, they say the recession technically ended in mid-09, but come on.

Eurozone recession deepened at end of 2012
(14 February 2013)
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-21455423

U.S. Economy Stumbled To End 2012: Q4 GDP Down 0.1%
(JAN 30, 2013)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2013/01/30/u-s-economy-stumbled-at-the-end-of-2012-q4-gdp-down-0-1/#2d4a4a6e656a

Japan's economy slips into recession
(December 10, 2012)
http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/10/news/economy/japan-gdp-recession/index.html

This piece by The Russell Sage Foundation and The Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality wonders whether a "decline in consumption may be partly driven by individual perceptions that prospects for employment and income have deteriorated." It concludes that "consumer expenditures still haven’t fully recovered" and, considering its publication date of October 2012, it's easy to see that a lack of optimism about work would cut into the potential excitement for the Wii U's launch the very next month. The article says the same thing happens on a larger scale:

The length and severity of the Great Recession are likely to make consumers less confident and more uncertain. We care about uncertainty because economic theory implies that, when consumers are uncertain, they will delay purchases of durable goods and save for precautionary reasons.

Nobody really needs to drop $250 for a console + games, so it's likely the first thing a family will put off for another day. Eventually they get distracted, their kids get a (much cheaper) 3DS, and they never get around to it.

the deterioration in consumer expenditures lasted longer than in any of the other recessions since the 1970s, and indeed consumer expenditures still haven’t fully recovered

The Oh, bummer years certainly lived up to their name but at least now we can play those games on-the-go with Karen!

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »
They should call the next one Super Smash 6rothers.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Have you ever been outspoken about something posted on a website but since you're just a forum member people won't take your opinion as seriously as a person who posted something on said website?

...I just have a lot of feelings.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
How is your opinion being downtrodden by the oppressive Rairden regime? As a radical journalist mole hidden inside the halls of power here at NWR, I'd love to get your story as I work to bring this place crashing down meaning we jail the staff to the forums and promote the forum members to staff. Revolution! It's not just a non-existent Nintendo console name!

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I think the worst part of it all is that he finally got to me so I ended up going on the offensive at the end of the thread to completely attack his premature gloating and self-promotion of being so smart. His final reply is that what people were posting was too long to read or reply to so he'll just people made good points and carry on in his delusion. Clearly, it was the fact that he knew he couldn't defend himself after that so he just wanted to ignore it but, of course, if we ignored his position then we were just delusional fans in a Nintendo echo chamber.

I get that it is human nature to sometimes get stuck on an idea. Look at MysticGohan and his inability to accept even the possibility the Switch may end up using an Nvidia graphic chip for its architecture. Heck, just using the Oscars as an example, sometimes I get it in my head that a certain choice is going to win a category because of some factor and I can't let the idea go until the category is awarded to something else and I realize I was wrong. I get that it happens but the difference is, he couldn't just put out his idea or belief that the Switch might end up bombing. He wanted to sell himself as the next Nostradamus and show how smart he was compared to any one dared think differently than him.

At least Insanolord did the right thing by locking the thread so that he couldn't hide or delete his comments so that they can now come back to haunt him. He's not a hater. He's just a jackass.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
There’s only one Nostradamus around here.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Was the title change just a subtle way to make me torture myself by reading through the entirety of my 2014 posts?

I talked a lot of **** about Renegade Kid that year.

EDIT: ah crap, I just realized that’s a Smash Bros. Joke.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:27:35 PM by Evan_B »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
All I know is I changed your title Friday morning to "I got 99 problems but a Switch ain't one" and Shaymin has changed it to your current one that Friday evening. I thought it was time for a title change for you and Shaymin apparently thought so too but you'd have to ask him to know the exact reason for the title and if it is about Smash Bros.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
It’s either a Smash Bros. Joke, or Shaymin has no idea what he’s talking about, further proving my point that he is indeed quite lame-in.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Burn!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
On one hand if someone wants to deprive themselves of something fun by being irrationally stubborn that's their loss.

I mean, he isn’t wrong. It’s just weird hearing this for him in particular.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
If anyone should know...., right?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Ian seems to have mellowed out lately. He's been a lot more upbeat about Nintendo than maybe I've ever seen him.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent