Community Forums > NWR Forums Discord

Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Series Finale)

<< < (29/29)

Order.RSS:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on June 03, 2022, 07:13:45 PM ---If it's available, I wouldn't mind hosting the next game. It'd give Khushrenada a chance to go for back-to-back wins, and I'm kind of curious if he can make it. I'm sure he'd kill for the opportunity, which is why I'm offering, it's for everyone's safety!

Do people like little twists on the formula, or would everyone prefer to stick to the basics? I remember when I did one where people chose another player to target with their word choice, but I can't recall the reception it got...

--- End quote ---

I'm good with either! It's a good moment to introduce twists to the formula though, since this was the season finale of the past 3 games, and all of those were fairly straight-forward in terms of ruleset.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Order.RSS on June 11, 2022, 02:36:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mop it up on June 03, 2022, 07:13:45 PM ---If it's available, I wouldn't mind hosting the next game. It'd give Khushrenada a chance to go for back-to-back wins, and I'm kind of curious if he can make it. I'm sure he'd kill for the opportunity, which is why I'm offering, it's for everyone's safety!

Do people like little twists on the formula, or would everyone prefer to stick to the basics? I remember when I did one where people chose another player to target with their word choice, but I can't recall the reception it got...

--- End quote ---

I'm good with either! It's a good moment to introduce twists to the formula though, since this was the season finale of the past 3 games, and all of those were fairly straight-forward in terms of ruleset.

--- End quote ---

It is not. Season 3 consisted of Safe Words 16, 17 and 18. Safe Words 19, the one Bungle has just hosted, is the start of Season 4. The question is how long to make Season 4.

--- End quote ---

I highly doubt I could pull off a back-to-back win. Clearly, while I was trying to use psychology and statistics for my choices, others were going random with theirs so it was just pure fortune that allowed me to win. But I do welcome any opportunity to play a round as I haven't had too many chances to do so.

--- Quote ---Do people like little twists on the formula, or would everyone prefer to stick to the basics? I remember when I did one where people chose another player to target with their word choice, but I can't recall the reception it got...

--- End quote ---

Not a big fan of it for a couple reasons. Let's say you've got ten players for the game. Round 1 begins and Player 2 is selected by a person, then Player 5 is selected by a person and then Player 8 is selected by a person which turns out to eliminate them. Then Round 2 begins and a person selects Player 5 and the next person selects Player 10 and the next person selects Player 2. Well, now we're into two rounds and 2 people have already faced a possible elimination twice while 6 others have yet to be called on.

Now, one could argue that by being selected early a couple times then they are being given great odds to survive the round since there are more Safe Word choices available but the more a player may get selected and put in danger the better odds that they will finally get eliminated before others who aren't. In regards to that high odds of survival, let's say it is the start of Round 2 and I have the first selection. Despite high odds of selecting a Safe Word, I can't take advantage of that since I have to select someone else and give them that advantage. Sure, I'm supposed to be seeking out the Bomb Word to eliminate that player but it is not like the Bomb Word will be obvious. So, I select a player and they are safe and the round goes on. Now there are three choices left in the round and I'm still waiting for a player to select my name in the round. Despite starting the round, I could not take advantage of the high percentage of Safe Words and now am in high danger of being eliminated this round because there are a low percentage of Safe Words left.

I'd rather just have the set rotation. Sure, that can still mean situations of good odds and bad odds in a round depending on how it progresses. But at least I wouldn't feel like I was in a spot where my good odds were taken away from me in a round. Likewise, I'd rather determine my fate by my own choice than through someone else selecting my name and eliminating me. Moreover, the set rotation means everyone is having to take an equal chance at getting eliminated as the game progress.

Mop it up:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on June 11, 2022, 03:09:07 PM ---In regards to that high odds of survival, let's say it is the start of Round 2 and I have the first selection. Despite high odds of selecting a Safe Word, I can't take advantage of that since I have to select someone else and give them that advantage. Sure, I'm supposed to be seeking out the Bomb Word to eliminate that player but it is not like the Bomb Word will be obvious. So, I select a player and they are safe and the round goes on. Now there are three choices left in the round and I'm still waiting for a player to select my name in the round. Despite starting the round, I could not take advantage of the high percentage of Safe Words and now am in high danger of being eliminated this round because there are a low percentage of Safe Words left.

--- End quote ---
I actually didn't remember having this as part of the rules, but I went back to check and apparently I did. If I used this idea again then I would allow players to choose themselves if they hadn't already been chosen. I don't think this would solve much of your overall problem, though.

I'm not sure if I can think of a twist that wouldn't make things more random, I guess this game has less room for experimentation than Mafia does.

M.K.Ultra:
I am sure folks noticed that a twist on the formula I used was to have a specific question for each round. This question was provided for the bomb word chooser and then asked to all the word selectors. I am not sure if it impacted anyone's decision or if the change was appreciated but I thought it added an interesting layer to the selection process and made each round feel like it had its own theme.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: Bungle4 on June 12, 2022, 06:53:59 PM ---I am sure folks noticed that a twist on the formula I used was to have a specific question for each round. This question was provided for the bomb word chooser and then asked to all the word selectors. I am not sure if it impacted anyone's decision or if the change was appreciated but I thought it added an interesting layer to the selection process and made each round feel like it had its own theme.

--- End quote ---

I mean for me I had the option of selecting the bomb word twice and think with the second question I changed what I was doing and just go with one which was not as known as the other options and one which I thought the group of people in the game would have selected.  the 2nd question i think I tried to out think myself and everyone else in what type of response one would select for that round.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version