Author Topic: Episode 108: Castlevani  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Dangerface

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Episode 108: Castlevani
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »

Wii Party U, this week's releases, and the return of Name That Pokémon!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/35811

Welcome to episode 108 of Connectivity! We have three segments for you this week.

Neal, Daan, and Scott discuss Wii Party U, the surprisingly good party game that just released yesterday. Don't let the fact that it is packed in with a Wii Remote fool you; Wii Party U is a great choice if you and your friends or family play games together often. Plus it has the best version of baseball ever.

After that, Neal and Scott return with This Week in Nintendo, breaking down the week's virtual releases on both 3DS and Wii U. Hopefully you are in the mood for full retail releases cause, uh, that's pretty much it.

Closing out the show, Josh, Kim, and Becky play another rousing edition of Name That Pokémon. Kim and Becky, who have been living in the studio since the last game, dig themselves out from the trash heap and compete in a cutthroat, to-the-wire trivia game while Josh mostly just coughs.

As always, you can click here to send us your listener mail. Are you pretty much dying with excitement with every day closes to Super Mario 3D World? Let us know! See you next week.

Offline chilenozo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 108: Castlevani
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »
what's the name of the intermission song at 43 min?

Offline AwesomeUnicorn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
what's the name of the intermission song at 43 min?

I was going to ask the same question.  It sounds like the love child of Chrono Trigger and Earthbound, and I am instantly made curious.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 02:31:00 AM »
The song is from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. It's called "Bramble Blast." Whoa! I think I channeled TYP for a second there.  ;)

I haven't listened to the episode yet, but I'm looking forward to Name That Pokémon. I'm not even that big of a Pokémon fan, but Kim, Becky and Josh's antics are great.

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:16:16 PM »
The song is from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. It's called "Bramble Blast." Whoa! I think I channeled TYP for a second there.  ;)

Correct! Love that song. I wouldn't be surprised if I've actually used it before.