Author Topic: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread  (Read 880546 times)

Offline cflo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread
« Reply #2375 on: December 02, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
Hello! I've been enjoying the podcasts for a while and figured that I should sign up. I've been into Pokemon and various DS games lately, and I like to play some online games on my Wii when I get the chance. I hope to contribute more soon!

Offline Digiki11

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:35 AM »
Hey NWR community -

I am new to the forums and wanted to briefly introduce myself here. I am a long time gamer and, in fact, work in the industry as well. I am a huge Nintendo fan and came across this site years ago via Radio Free Nintendo. I regularly listen to the podcast and enjoy it quite a bit.

I am looking forward to discussing the game industry and, in particular, Nintendo games and consoles with all of you!

-Digiki11
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:25:32 AM by Digiki11 »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #2377 on: December 16, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
Welcome Digiki. Feel free to chime in as often as you want. :)

Offline Digiki11

• View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 16, 2011, 04:32:27 PM »
Welcome Digiki. Feel free to chime in as often as you want. :)

Thanks, bustin! I should point out that my tag is actually "Digikill," only I had to resort to using numbers in place of the "L's" at the end due to the gamertag being unavailable on Xbox LIVE.

Regardless, I appreciate the reply and will definitely be chiming in!

-Digiki11

Offline Eros

• View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:24 AM »
Hi there!  My name is Zachary and I'm new to the NWR forums.  I've been listening to Radio Free Nintendo for a few weeks now, so I thouht it was time to join in the conversation.  I'm an eighteen year old guy from Canada who's completely obsessed with Pokemon (games, anime, manga, merchandise sdkughfsdjf), which may be considered lame.  Oh well.  Anyway, I bought a 3DS in the middle of December (the special edition zelda version), and have since become a Mario Kart 7 addict.   I'm looking for people to play with!

Thanks!

Offline Zacko

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2380 on: March 05, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
Hey NWR Community! I'm Zacko and I've listened to the podcast for a while now. Finally decided to get into the community here. Own a 3DS and Wii, although my Wii is currently collecting dust (I'm much more of a portable gamer). Looking forward to getting into flame wars with you all! :)
3DS: 2019-9753-7573
Wii U: Dorgon

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2381 on: March 05, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »
Your post was nice till the end of it. If you really mean that then you can leave because we have enough of that here already. If you mean debate where people actually listen to each other and try to have a conversation then you can stay.

I am usually welcoming of new people but when people come here with that attitude it just unsettles me.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Zacko

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2382 on: March 05, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »
Your post was nice till the end of it. If you really mean that then you can leave because we have enough of that here already. If you mean debate where people actually listen to each other and try to have a conversation then you can stay.

I am usually welcoming of new people but when people come here with that attitude it just unsettles me.
Haha, I meant that entirely in jest. :) I have no desire to bust in here with "UR ALL NOOBZ!" or whatever. Your reaction actually makes me much more excited to get involved around here. Intelligent conversation is what I'm really looking for.
3DS: 2019-9753-7573
Wii U: Dorgon

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 05, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »
Look, you've already started a flame war with Maxi!
:P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: March 05, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
Intelligent conversation only happens in the forum below this one.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #2385 on: March 05, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »
There's only ONE true Jedi master... and he happens to be a bald man.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2386 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:10 AM »

Haha, I meant that entirely in jest. :) I have no desire to bust in here with "UR ALL NOOBZ!" or whatever. Your reaction actually makes me much more excited to get involved around here. Intelligent conversation is what I'm really looking for.

Well that's good. Few touchy subjects which tend to go nowhere on this forum. Hardcore versus casual games and players, 3rd party support on all platforms and comparing the 3 console favorites versus other people's console favorites.

Most of these have been done and talked about many times on the forums and for some reason things derail into these topics the most on here. If you wanna talk about games on the forum then that's great. I personally just enjoy talking about the actual games one plays and not the theories one comes up with unless it is backed with facts.

Anyway sorry for that small rant. I'm the nicest on here seriously I was just put on the defensive a little. Favorite games on the Wii and 3DS and Favorite genres overall?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline DarthBrady

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Another Crappy Blog
« Reply #2387 on: March 13, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
My 1st Post Here, so here it goes:

About a month ago I was looking for something Nintendo-related to listen to while I am at work, where I listen to a lot of Gaming Podcasts, etc. I found RFN and The Famicast on my iPhone/iTunes, and instantly became a fan. I've even went back and listened to the ones all the way back to January '11 - I have a lot of time at work to do so  ;)

Anyway that's my introduction, this seems like a great community, I look forward to becoming a part of it. I'm interested in getting in on some of the action that goes on here mentioned in the podcast, like the "Retro-active" group I hear so much about, and other stuff like being able to write in to The Famicast crew, as i am also interested in the Japanese side of gaming.

Great forum, thanks for reading my into, and Hello!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:37:53 PM by DarthBrady »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 14, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
If you like RFN, be sure to check out our other podcasts, NWR Connectivity and Radio Trivia. And I hope you stick around the forums; we've got a great community here. I was a regular on these forums long before I joined the staff, and they were what really made me love this site.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:13 AM »
Man, RFN really gets a lot of praise around here. I'm gonna have to make a point of checking it out some day.

Offline Karmacode

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 29, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
Since joining yesterday I have been posting and browsing around and I really am liking this site. I found by accident while looking for a Kid Icarus weapons guide and I instead found the jumbo guide here that had all the AR Cards, I knew I found something special. I already started listening to this past weeks Podcast, loved it.

So a little about me I suppose:
My name is Kayla, I'm 24 and I work at a local video game store called Games N' Go, that specializes in retro and new gaming. Pretty much I get to sell NES/SNES/GBA/Genesis, etc.. games all day. I get to talk about them and get massively excited every time somebody buys Faxanadu or Tetris Attack. My location (we have 3) is in a busy mall so it's never dull. In short, I love my job.

I've also been gaming for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is of my brother getting and NES for his birthday, I had to have been 3. I assume our parents bought us video games to get us out of their hair but they didn't realize it would be a passion of mine for the rest of my life. I remember when my brother, my mom and I all beat a Link to the Past. I was pretty sure I had to coolest mom of all time.

The only current Nintendo console I have is the 3DS, but I play the hell out of it. I commute to work by bus/train so I play it pretty much everyday. I also have a 360 which I am currently play ME3 (3rd playthrough).

Ok well that was a bit bigger of an intro than I expected but yeah thats me.
3DS: 3866-8385-5554
Gamertag: K4RM4CODE

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2391 on: March 29, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
Welcome to the site.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vinniebrock

• View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 10, 2012, 11:17:33 PM »
I just joined a short time ago (haven't posted yet), but I've actually been reading NWR features for a long time, and have been listening to RFN for a while as well. It seems like an awesome community for Nintendo fans so i decided to join. Excited to be here :cool;

/generic introduction

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2393 on: April 10, 2012, 11:29:50 PM »
/generic response Hi welcome to the site.

Seriously welcome to the site.:) It can be an awesome community oh a word of advice stay out of the rumor thread right now trust me on this.:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 11, 2012, 12:57:31 AM »
I just joined a short time ago (haven't posted yet), but I've actually been reading NWR features for a long time, and have been listening to RFN for a while as well. It seems like an awesome community for Nintendo fans so i decided to join. Excited to be here :cool;

Welcome to the site Vinniebrock! Oh, and I think Maxi's advice is keen. The rumor thread in the Console forum isn't actually dangerous, but there's a lot of passion-fueled debates that flare up there occasionally, and, well, there are some pretty determined opinions flying about! Myself not excluded!

I've also been gaming for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is of my brother getting and NES for his birthday, I had to have been 3. I assume our parents bought us video games to get us out of their hair but they didn't realize it would be a passion of mine for the rest of my life. I remember when my brother, my mom and I all beat a Link to the Past. I was pretty sure I had to coolest mom of all time.

I might have to dispute your claim. My mom was also helping me play through LTTP, I think I remember when we got stuck at one part in the dark world and had to call the Nintendo hotline.

I work at a local video game store called Games N' Go, that specializes in retro and new gaming. Pretty much I get to sell NES/SNES/GBA/Genesis, etc.. games all day. I get to talk about them and get massively excited every time somebody buys Faxanadu or Tetris Attack. My location (we have 3) is in a busy mall so it's never dull. In short, I love my job.

Oh man, oh man, I've been on the hunt for an indie source from which I can buy games. Nothing against Gamestop, but I always have just a little bit more fun buying indie.

Is this your site? If so I could use a new component cable... http://www.gamesngoonline.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline vinniebrock

• View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 11, 2012, 01:24:41 AM »
/generic response Hi welcome to the site.

Seriously welcome to the site. :) It can be an awesome community oh a word of advice stay out of the rumor thread right now trust me on this. :)

Welcome to the site Vinniebrock! Oh, and I think Maxi's advice is keen. The rumor thread in the Console forum isn't actually dangerous, but there's a lot of passion-fueled debates that flare up there occasionally, and, well, there are some pretty determined opinions flying about! Myself not excluded!

;D HA, i lurk the Wii U Speculation thread on GAF pretty much all day on my phone. I don't think i have to energy to read/post in two of those threads in one day.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:45 AM »
Yo Vinnie! VINNIE YO VINN-IEEEEE

I always wanted to say that.

Offline bdahlquist

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 25, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've been listening to RFN for around 2 years now and while I don't have as much time to listen to the dozen or so podcasts I used to listen to regularly, I always make sure to catch RFN each week. Looking forward to discussing games with everyone.

-Brian

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 26, 2012, 02:24:20 AM »
Hiya.

Offline ceramic_pizza

• View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 03, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
Hello, I just joined a while ago. Sup! I'm ceramic_pizza. Beside video games I also love puzzles, food, and tea.