Author Topic: Mafia 13 Brainstorming  (Read 9209 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia 13 Brainstorming
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 04:43:17 AM »
No season 3 spoilers, please.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 05:09:09 AM »
I hate Lost, Mr Eko Dies.
People act like it jumped the shark but the truth is it was never good.

As for a December game, Spak Spang PMed me a great, fairly uncomplicated game setup but he's uneasy about running the game since he has very little experience with playing let alone DMing. So unless someone else wants to take it onboard I'd be happy to run Spak's game in the interim
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 05:54:14 AM »
I disagree about LOST.  It's kept me interested longer than any show in recent memory.

Once again, I'm totally up for a December game.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 08:54:34 AM »
Mafia Ultimate Alliance.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 05:41:08 PM »
Lost makes more sense when you realize it is a comic book.  

The characters are well fleshed out, but at times they do seem to take too long with some of the revelations.  I will agree the show is not for everyone.  You really need to truly want to geek out on a show to truly love lost.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia 13 Brainstorming
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 05:52:47 PM »
I vote for superhero-themed Mafia - DC Comics, Marvel, whatever, villains or heroes. And then go from there with the story (unless Spak's game has already settled on a theme)

I call shotgun on being Aquaman for hilarity's sake.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 05:16:22 AM »
or maybe a 24 mafia!

(you know, mafia 12*2 ....)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 01:38:52 PM »
I did have a theme.  It was a game based more around Mafia wars instead of a single Mafia attacking the city.

Basically, you have 3 Mafias of at least 6 people.  Those mafias are each represented by a console:

Xbox 360
PS3
and
Wii

The theme is Console Wars.  (I thought it was a just theme...but also may not work, so I am willing for Super Hero theme.

Then we could have Mafia:

DC Universe
Marvel Universe
Indy Comics.

Anyway, the game is simple.  The Mafia isn't trying to eliminate the townies to win, but eliminate the other Mafia's and then the townie special role members.  Once that is done the Mafia wins, even if there are still townies left alive.  

So the Mafia has its roles of:

Investigator (Who can investigate during the Mafia's turn if they choose.)
Doctor
Killer
Godfather
Recruiter
Propagandist  (Can spread one false rumor that will be told within the next days story.  This rumor can be truth, or lie, or reveal information discovered in investigations anything.)
Double Agent (The double Agent can cast a secondary secret vote during each day.)

The Mafia can switch roles as needed, but it takes a turn to do so, and the Mafia Doctors can not be replaced.  Recruiting in this Mafia is a 50/50 chance with a coin flip, but you can only recruit if your numbers are low.  And if you recruit a special townie they keep their special abilities.  Though cops can not be recruited, as they are actually honest.

Each day the Mafia can have 1 single action.  With a coin flip chance for a second action.  These actions must be different actions.  This means Mafias must choice between investigating or using propaganda, or using killing someone as their action.  

Townies in this game have it hard facing 3 mafias but at least they should be the mafias secondary concern, since that 50/50 chance to recruit is pretty important in a gang war.  As such I predict mafias should be trying to recruit new people every day.  If a person is recruited it will be announced what mafia they were recruited to, but no name or anything.   This will add doubt to the game.

Special Townie Roles:

Cop:  He can investigate one person each day, and detain a person for questioning each day.  A detained person can not carry out their action if they are Mafia (though it won't be announced) and does not get their vote to count during that day.  

Doctor: You know this role.

Suicide Bomber:  Can choose to kill an two people during any day, but he himself dies.  If if he attacked during the hit, he and the attacker die.  If he is voted off then he and two other random people that voted for him die.

Librarian:  Gets to choose any 3 people to know their identity before the game starts.  

Magician:  The Magician this game, can turn any regular townie into any townie special role that has already been killed, but can only do this once and he himself is turned into a regular townie.  If they choose the Librarian, that townie does not get to choose 3 new people, but is given the original information from the first Librarian.

Killer:  You know this role.

Depending on the number of people participating there will be at least 2 townie doctors, and possibly 2 townie police officers.  The Mafia's sizes depends on the number of townies, but if 30 people play I would want the Mafia to have 5 people each...which would mean 15 Mafia members total and 15 townies total.  

If you see anything I need to add to this let me know.  This is just a rough draft.