Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 362769 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) Out now!
« Reply #1100 on: January 16, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »
Blupees are a mysterious and adorable rabbit that may or may not be related to Satoru Iwata.

Just like the Wii and the DS, they print money.

You could safely sell half of each of your minerals and still have enough for any side quests and upgrades you might need to make.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1101 on: January 16, 2018, 10:32:06 AM »
Bluppees drop ruppees if you strike them.  You can sneak up on them more easily with the stealth suit.  It's also good for creeping up on sleeping hinoxes.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 16, 2018, 04:05:28 PM »
TBH I've never had a problem sneaking up on a sleeping Hinox, worst case you just put away your weapons and shield, maybe change your armor until you're standing next to it.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 16, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »
I've had no problem with Hinox's either.
But I gotta fund raise real quick so I can furnish my new house and unload some of these weapons I'm carrying around and not trying to use. Then I'll go get the stealth suit so it can be upgraded.
Maybe if there's enough left over, I'll get that expensive firebreaker helmet just to complete the set.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1104 on: January 16, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »
I put off buying the helmet for a while as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 17, 2018, 12:55:32 AM »
It just seems unneccessary, especially when I've already completed the area... and mined ALL the ore.
the only thing left to do there is defeat the Igneo Talus. But I need to find that wand first... haven't made my way to Hyrule fields area just yet. Touched on the tower at the military training grounds, but I'm on a side mission of wealth building and weapon collection before I get back to game progression.

My eternal hunt for Shrines, Koroks, and Ore are never ending.

Question though. Once I purchase all the weapon racks, will there be enough to house 1 of all the nice/special weapons?

edit: and another question., Who is the best person to sell Ore to? I'm in no rush to sell, so if there is a specific place that pays top dollar, I'll keep hording till I find it. If it's all the same everywhere... well, then I don't need to grind and save quite so hard :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:42:49 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 17, 2018, 05:40:54 AM »
edit: and another question., Who is the best person to sell Ore to? I'm in no rush to sell, so if there is a specific place that pays top dollar, I'll keep hording till I find it. If it's all the same everywhere... well, then I don't need to grind and save quite so hard :)
I think Gerudo merchant in Goron city pays the best but she only accepts one specific type of jems at a time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 05:42:35 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1107 on: January 17, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
The ore re-spawns after blood moons, iirc.

Also, the benefit to having a full armors is the set bonuses that the fairies allude to.  Can't remember the fire armor one off the top of my head though.

Unrelated: I've been playing through the Champion's Ballad DLC on my original save.  Admittedly, I never got all the shrines.  On RFN, James mentioned using the Hero's Path mode to see where he hadn't been, and I too found myself surprised and suddenly reminded of my shortcomings.  So, while scoping out locations for Urbosa's section, I ran into three Taluses and a couple of Lynels.  The Lynels kicked my ass a bit, so I guess I'm still rusty in fighting them.  And beating the Taluses required me to be pretty dependent on bomb arrows.  I really like how not playing the game (or certain experiencing certain aspects) for a while makes it feel fresh, but because I had made so much progress before, it's far from impossible.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 17, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »
The Ganon armor is the best stealth suit.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 21, 2018, 04:50:29 AM »
Well, I guess it's time for a Zelda update.

I finally took out one of those bouncing ghost things... used a Bomb arrow to get it done quickly. Still working on making quick arrow shots. But I got a lighting rod.

Also finished the house in Hateno village... well except for the last shield rack. Haven't hung a single shield yet still since I'm perfecting that attack reflection for guardians... I need all the shields I can get.

Also got through Goron area. Defeated the Divine Beast and got Daruks protection.
I left the area afterwards and ran into a giant Rock monster. and it was here that I discovered something that made defeating them so much easier....if I blow up both his hands, I can climb up on his back and go apeshit all over that ORE on his back.
So after defeating 2 rock monsters in literal minutes from the start of that fight... I saved up some money and went back to Goron town to purchase that Fire helmet (then go get it upgraded twice) so I could face that Taleo Ignus or whatever it was called. Little did I know that the bonus was being fireproof.. but that made sense. Made quick work of that monster once I took advantage of both being fireproof and realizing that I can hop on his back and charge the hammer into a spinning attack to chip that mole off poor rockies back.
After I knocked that out, I let my daughter play, knowing that she would try to leave the Goron City through the entrance area, where I left the original Fire Rock Monster... and she would need my help. Made even quicker work of this one with more space to work with.

Also been taking out the Tall cyclops' whenever i see them. easy peezy. Just need to work on my quick arrow aim to start knocking him out in an efficient matter of time.

So in the time after letting my daughter play, I had teleported back to Larelin(?) to gamble for more money, but it got late, and I shut it down. wake up in the morning and my daughter wants to play, so I let her. Not thinking she would venture anywhere I hadn't been, since there would be too many monsters.... she wanders into a whole new area I hadn't been and got pretty damn deep in there. Next thing I know she's taking a picture of Farosh the Dragon spirit!!? (WHERE THE **** ARE YOU!!!) I also realize she misplaced the horse we had been running around with for half of yesterday that she wanted me to take to a stable... but there wasn't one nearby, that I was aware of. My daughter had found a new stable right next to the dragon, but since she can't read, she didn't know how to register it. We had already picked out a name for it too... all black with a white hair. We were gonna call her Silver Mane.
I took the controls and immediately went horse hunting... but a stupid shrine detector would not STFU!!! so I got side tracked looking for the damn shrine. instead fought my way up the nearest tower, guarded by a bouncing ghost with lightning storm powers, in a region where everytime I decide to climb anything, it starts pouring, making my bomb arrows totally ineffective.
I managed to avoid the ghost, and climb the tower, but the damn shrine detector was driving us both crazy... still haven't found the shrine BTW, but after a thorough search and sniping a scale off of Farosh, i bounced from the area to do all the things at the beginning of this post.

So.... my daughter keeps destroying all my special weaponry and attempting to cook dishes with random items in the inventory. results vary, but she is always proud of every single dish (meat skewers, mushroom skewers or simmered fruit),. I had to coach her not to use things with low number counts or weapons that weren't taken from enemies. This prompted me to get back to the Hyrule area, specifically that lost forest where I suspect Korok Forest is hidden...

OMG... if we didn't spend an hour getting sent back to the start or those 2 torches lit in the middle of the woods.... I tried it, my daughter kept trying to tell me the trick, kept telling me to use the torch... she is so anal about that damn torch. Finally, after burning up my wooden weapon, which opened a spot up for the torch (and so many attempts with no fire at all), I let her try it again. Several tries later I noticed that the wind kept changing on the torch embers.
HALL AH FUCKING LOU YA!!!! We finally found the Korok Forest.
My daughter is calling for the controller back, since I took control once I noticed the torch thing. But I was in a frantic search for the grown ass Korok so I could cash in this 102 korok seeds I've saved up since our last meeting. I needed more weapon and shield slots STAT.

Long story shortened (just a lil bit) I finished all the Korok trials except the riddle one (and the side mission asking for the ice wand). The riddle is asking for a Hoof I think.... Now there is only one creature I've run across several times that I've run away from. that Centaur thing with the Ice Wand. I'm thinking both things are related.....
Now I've never attempted to kill a horse (my daughter wanted to try several times... should I be worried!?) but I now that it's kinda come up... is that possible? do they just give you meat? or would you also get a hoof? I figure that Centaur guy probably gives you the hoof... and since he also has the ice wand, they want to push me in the right direction with a hint of where to look for one thing that will give me the answer to the other thing.

and that's where I'm at right now. Contemplating confronting 1 of the 3 Centaurs I've seen, the one at the base of that snowy area at the end of the stone bridge just outside Kakariko village
the other 2 I never got close to, but they were in the fields by that one shrine that's waaaaay up high on the bone tower. I think you're supposed to climb that tower, but I glided down from Death mountain, so I wouldn't really know. It did say you already passed the test to get this orb when I got inside, so I assume climbing that high was supposed to be the challenge.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: January 21, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »
Your naming convention is hilarious. Just pull out the camera and look at the thing and it will tell you what its actual name is. Bro tip: use the "opposite" elemental weapon or arrow to one-hit kill those things (a fire arrow will one-hit kill any ice enemy, an ice arrow will one-hit kill any fire enemy) - doesn't work on Electric Wizzrobes, so just try to freeze them then go smash them. Another bro tip: get as many "hearty" food items as you can (radish, durian, etc.), especially the big kind. Cooking just one of them will give you a full heart refill, plus bonus hearts. Also I recommend leaving Daruk's Protection off unless you're in a boss fight (or fighting a Lynel or something) where you know you're gonna basically die with one hit. Which brings up another point about one-hit kills: Yiga Blademasters will one hit kill you, always - just mentioning that because of the earlier discussion of being able to be completely killed in one hit.

Just to clarify some names:
Bouncing ghost thing: Wizzrobe
Giant rock monster: Talus
Tall cyclops: Hinox
Centaur: Lynel

You are correct about getting the hoof. Lynels aren't *too* hard (though I typically avoid them because they're annoying), and you can use Stasis on them after you get an attack in...though it wears off very quickly. You don't get any meat, but you might get guts. You'll need Lynel guts for some upgrades (Barbarian Armor, I believe).

Did you try to get the Master Sword? You need 13 hearts (real, not temporary), otherwise you'll die...it's fun to watch Link try to pull it and die from the attempt if you don't have enough.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1111 on: January 21, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »
Do not kill the the horses.  You will invoke the wrath of an angry horse god.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 21, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »
You'll get nothing from killing a horse. They just disappear after dying. No meat or any item is left behind.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 21, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »
Did you ever find silver mane?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 21, 2018, 05:42:20 PM »
Doesn't the horse show up on the map?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 21, 2018, 06:19:19 PM »
Your naming convention is hilarious. Just pull out the camera and look at the thing and it will tell you what its actual name is. Bro tip: use the "opposite" elemental weapon or arrow to one-hit kill those things (a fire arrow will one-hit kill any ice enemy, an ice arrow will one-hit kill any fire enemy) - doesn't work on Electric Wizzrobes, so just try to freeze them then go smash them. A

By the time I did this write up, it was almost 2 am... i had already moved beyond some of those tasks hours ago, and exited the game . Couldn't be bothered to refresh my memory for creatures names :P:

and the electric "Wizzrobes" are the only ones I've seen I think.
The only thing with a Ice Wand was a Lynel
but I ran across 2 more Blue Lynels somewhere, but never got close enough to see what they would attack me with.

But my update....
I'm still still searching the Farosh pond area for that stupid shrine. (managed to get a 2nd scale off off him though)
now there is another one that one stop beeping on the other side of that mountain as well....
so annoying. I have no idea where they are at though.

There are also those Idol Shrines with the leaf in front of them. Still trying to figure out what exactly they want me to leave on them... there's 1 all by itself, and then there a second set of 2. Do I need to leave something on all 3, or just the 1 and then the 2? and what am I supposed to put there?

Did you ever find silver mane?
Nope. Horse disappeared. We never registered it. I was waiting to get the bond up to Max, but there also wasn't a discovered stable nearby until it was too late :/

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 21, 2018, 07:24:16 PM »
Roaming Yiga Blademasters won't kill you, only those involved in side quests or main quests.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1117 on: January 21, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »

and the electric "Wizzrobes" are the only ones I've seen I think.
The only thing with a Ice Wand was a Lynel
but I ran across 2 more Blue Lynels somewhere, but never got close enough to see what they would attack me with.

The Lynel isn't using a wand.  It's shooting ice arrows directly up in the air and landing them on you.  It's kinda crazy.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 21, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »
Yeah Lynels basically have lock-on with arrows. If they shoot one in the air, it's basically going to hit you and kill you

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 21, 2018, 08:54:36 PM »
Yeah Lynels basically have lock-on with arrows. If they shoot one in the air, it's basically going to hit you and kill you
The one on the Great Plateau in Master Mode has Bomb Arrows too.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 21, 2018, 11:24:34 PM »
The Lynel isn't using a wand.  It's shooting ice arrows directly up in the air and landing them on you.  It's kinda crazy.
That's just insane.... no wonder I couldn't even hide from it on the other side of the wall.... but I did only have like 4-5 hearts last time I encountered it. Maybe I'll take it on again now that I have 10 hearts and a much better grasp on combat.

Although I just took on a Igneo Talus (regular rock version) and the bombs would not blow up it's fist.... somehow they were hitting me, and not blowing him up, even though they were bouncing off his fist as I detonated them and I wasn't even that close. Frustrating, but I defeated him. then when back up the hill and took on 2 guardians (1 at a time) losing only 1 shield. ::fist bump::

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 21, 2018, 11:50:52 PM »
My recommendation would be to close distance between you and the Lynel as much as possible before fighting, try to sneak if you can. They’re a lot more manageable when at close range, then you only have to deal with their crippling Melee attacks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 22, 2018, 12:20:59 AM »
My recommendation would be to close distance between you and the Lynel as much as possible before fighting, try to sneak if you can. They’re a lot more manageable when at close range, then you only have to deal with their crippling Melee attacks.

LOL, yes that sounds so much better.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 22, 2018, 06:53:22 AM »
.... then when back up the hill and took on 2 guardians (1 at a time) losing only 1 shield. ::fist bump::

Nice.  I never did get the timing down, and just found other ways to deal with them.
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1124 on: January 22, 2018, 09:07:43 AM »
My new favorite way to deal with guardians is to charge at them with the Master Cycle Zero.  In fact, my new favorite anything in the game involves the Master Cycle Zero.