Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.  (Read 71633 times)

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »
Yeah, where can a bloke get some mulligan stew around here?

You can always count on a piping hot bowl of mulligan stew at Planet Outlaw's finest establshment, ShyGuy!  Get in touch with your Irish roots! Cupcake and I will be wearing green in your honor!

Vote BeautifulShy

Leaving the federation and space pirates to fight among themselves so she can return to her research on raising non-killing metroids. Leaves a tear in this harried barkeep's eyes.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:37:46 PM by MASB »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 06:49:15 PM »
With B-Shy outing herself, the smart play is probably not voting her right away?  I know Samus is the killer role, but there's two of them, and Dark Samus can get pretty OP with one kill a night for the rest of the game PLUS the chance of getting something in the day vote.  The X-parasite is out, so Dark Samus will not reset (assuming there's only one).

Vote Lucario

I can't shake the feeling this whole thing is a setup. There could be something I'm missing which would make it beneficial for BeautifulShy to draw in all the votes. Maybe even a hidden bomber role or item...

I don't think it's a setup.  Only Samus and Dark Samus could win by completely ducking the day vote once.  The Federation would still need a traditional win while holding the Metroid.  That said, for the reason I said above, I don't think it's a good move.

Vote Lucario just to add to Mop's vote.  But I'm getting my suspicions.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »
Oh hi MASB it was so good of you to show up.  Not saving Steefosaurus yesterday and commenting to Steefosaurus right after the thread lock to save him really looked good for you!!  Surely voting me out will give you a shiny star giving you some cover.

Let's see who all have decided to vote me out or at least post and take an acknowledgement of the game and who hasn't as we have 8 votes on me.

Who has voted for me today?

Rabicle to taunt me and to hastly voted for me first after I make this claim on Day 3.  Day 1 not appearing at all until the end of the day and not even posting . Day 2 they commented that they didn't want to comment on the Day 1 thread because the day was pretty much over and that it was pointless.   No more comments after their vote today.

Steefosaurus. Voted for me right after Rabicle.  Using logic and reasoning to vote me out and has a chance to vote me out after they hastily changed their vote yesterday  to Luigi Dude to Mr. Bungle to create a tie 10 minutes before the end of the day ended and thus causing a rush to change votes.  I was going to unvote my vote on Steefosaurus before he changed the vote back to Mr. Bungle and I was also waiting on messages from TheFleece on who they wanted to vote for but I never got a response.  In my rush to change to someone else which I didnt get a chance to because Khushrenada locked the Day 2 thread before I could. So yeah saving yourself and creating a tie and letting things go to Kraid was a good idea but how did you know you would be saved and Pokepal was going to be voted out? Very curious.

GK very straightforward and just making votes.  Posted their post at 5:12 am but later added their vote for me around 6:22pm. A hour and 10 minutes later just to add a vote for me. Why did it take so long to add that vote?  Perhaps as a new player they were waiting on someone to tell him to vote for me. Voted for ShyGuy on Day 1 and no other comments.

Mr. Bungle.  I find their vote to be genuine and you are just going with the flow. Good on you to learning the ropes of this game and sticking in this game.

ejamer is probably going with the flow so I am not faulting them. Voted for me on Day 3, Mr. Bungle on day 2 twice. Said that they were going to vote for Luigi Dude but in Steefosaurus's haste that was not to be.
Voted for Stratos on Day 1 and then unvoted to Pokepal who we now know likely had the Metroid.

Mop it up I know has been not as active as she usually is but I guess I can't fault her with New Horizons to play.  Voted for Lucario alongside me. I appreciate the vote of confidence.  Not much activity other than roleplaying the past two days.

Luigi Dude only seems to show up in the past few games when either they are in the process of being voted out or there is a freebie voteout and hey they did the same thing to Pokepal on Day 1. What do you know.

Insanolord like usual blending in with the crowd and jumping on a bandwagon.  Which side are you on this time Insanolord?

MASB finally shows up and finally makes their first vote in the game. Congrats on that and I hope things go well for you. 

Nickmitch thank you for voting for Lucario.  I appreciate that I have a chance to post this long post without being hammered and voted out. 

Now who has posted today but no vote.  Lucario makes a comment and taunts folks about townies voting out townies.  Made only one other post and that was on Day 2. Seems to want to not participate that much.

Now these players are who haven't posted or voted today but have in days past.

ShyGuy has been active the past two days but as of today no comment or votes. What is the deal with that ShyGuy?  Might want to look at ShyGuy Mother Brain/ X-Ray Visor. 

Stevey hasn't posted since Day 1 and asking about the Metroid and if pokepal148 could give it to another player. Voted for Pokepal on one day after thatguy  made his post and went over the pros and cons of doing so.

Stratos has made the traditional Mop it up vote and then changed it to ShyGut most likely because it isn't unheard of pokepal to out themselves as a townie. I haven't really seen Stratos on the forums or anywhere really. Why is that?

Finally the Fleece. The person who I have been voting with since the 1st day when you vote as well. The one where on Day 1 I proposed to vote alongside me for Pokepal but didn't vote with me on Day 2 when I asked them to return the favor.   Why was that?  The one who said in a PM to me that Steefosaurus is good as gone even without their vote when there was only 5 votes. 2 on Steefosaurus, 1 on stevey and one on Mr. Bungle.   Then Steefosaurus changed their vote and created the scramble.  Both Steefosaurus and Mr. Bungle are still alive so there was a chance of them to live.  Where were you on Day 2?

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »
Vote Tally

BeautifulShy-8

Lucario-3

Majority is 9.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »
Now do you all want to kill me with one more vote or do we actually want to talk about and discuss this game while we have all this time in the day still? 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 07:15:27 PM »
With B-Shy outing herself, the smart play is probably not voting her right away?  I know Samus is the killer role, but there's two of them, and Dark Samus can get pretty OP with one kill a night for the rest of the game PLUS the chance of getting something in the day vote.  The X-parasite is out, so Dark Samus will not reset (assuming there's only one).

This is true and a good point.

It creates an odd situation though. Do we force BeautifulShy to live through a couple extra, unwanted days for the benefit of the townies? Normally IRL things take precedence. It does kind of throw the game off kilter, whichever choice is made.

Dark Samus doesn't have any items yet, and we'll be 3 days in. The Metroid is hidden again.  This would almost be like starting over with fewer people. The only people who have benefited from non-public information at this point are the mafia.

I'm letting my vote stand.  (Also, could Dark Samus kill Samus and take her accumulated items anyway? If so, then maybe voting Samus out before the night kill is our best action anyway.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:17:20 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 07:30:48 PM »
Quote from:
BeautifulShy  link=topic=64958.msg966841#msg966841 date=1585522969

GK very straightforward and just making votes.  Posted their post at 5:12 am but later added their vote for me around 6:22pm. A hour and 10 minutes later just to add a vote for me. Why did it take so long to add that vote?  Perhaps as a new player they were waiting on someone to tell him to vote for me. Voted for ShyGuy on Day 1 and no other comments.

That I can answer. I posted, played a few rounds of a game then checked back for replies. The vote was already there but I forgot to bold the text to make it stand out so had to edit it & remove some needless flavor text in the process.

If I were just going with whoever voted first I'd have followed you & voted Lucario. lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:32:48 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 07:56:11 PM »
Here is why you should keep me around...  How many of you have a clue as to who could be Dark Samus? 

Sure you could use all the info I posted from my notes but who is to say that info could be trusted?  How do you know I don't have an actual list of who I suspect which is more accurate and that I am keeping away from you all?

Sure keeping me around will give you passive aggressive Alexis but at the same time without me this game is going to drag out for at least till Day 8 if suddenly you vote out Samus/ Dark Samus and then the 4 Mafia members but I doubt that would happen because I don't think you would figure out all the roles right away. Building upon my notes, sure Mother Brain could research some of those names but unless they have been stacking their investigations then it is going to take some time to investigate all those names and are you willing to risk Mother Brain making it that far before they become a rotted brain and taken out of the game. Then where will the townies be?

Plus voting me out is just doing a favor the the Federation. See in voting me out the Mafia do not have to lift a finger and they could gain more info and find more roles and items.   Not to mention that maybe Samus and or Dark Samus can find some federation members.     

One last thing to build upon the Dark Samus thread... What if you vote me out and then tomorrow Dark Samus finds the Metroid and the alarm rings stating that you have one day to find Dark Samus? Will you be able to find them at such a short notice? Gasp!!  I doubt it.  Dark Samus goes and makes Phazon Metroids to feasts on all of your brains and then that is the game.

What do you say?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:02:03 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 08:06:50 PM »
Finally the Fleece. ...... Where were you on Day 2?

I wasn’t lying to you when I PM’d you about it. I was doing house stuff. I don’t get to chose when I have to follow through on my responsibilities. Not realizing what would happen in the result of a tie led me to further hesitation. Day 2 was a mess and I’m as surprised as anyone about the outcome. I don’t know where my vote is going, but not on you. At least not yet.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 08:13:28 PM »
Well I appreciate your honesty.  It is refreshing. 

To be honest no one needs to vote for me anymore because unless there is a swing the other way then I am gone come the 31st.  I just want the remaining players to use this time to figure things out and reflect on why they are voting the way they are and maybe actually play the game. 

I appreciate you not voting for me in my dire time and reflect on things.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 08:58:04 PM »

This is true and a good point.

It creates an odd situation though. Do we force BeautifulShy to live through a couple extra, unwanted days for the benefit of the townies? Normally IRL things take precedence. It does kind of throw the game off kilter, whichever choice is made.

Dark Samus doesn't have any items yet, and we'll be 3 days in. The Metroid is hidden again.  This would almost be like starting over with fewer people. The only people who have benefited from non-public information at this point are the mafia.

I'm letting my vote stand.  (Also, could Dark Samus kill Samus and take her accumulated items anyway? If so, then maybe voting Samus out before the night kill is our best action anyway.)

It's a Samus hit day, and Samus doesn't have any items because the first kill was the x-parasite. The only way Dark Samus could benefit is if Samus made a kill tonight and got a power-up.  Now, if Samus chooses not to make a hit (because B-Shy would rather not play anyway or would be willing to make a deal on the way out) then Dark Samus may not waste the hit on Samus.  The only gain for Dark Samus is the extra hit, which is valuable, but at the very least, it'd buy us some time before Dark Samus got too many power-ups.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2020, 08:59:37 PM »
Vote Tally

BeautifulShy-8

Lucario-3

Majority is 9.

Since there's only one vote needed, I just want to say that I think the townies are making a brash decision here.  Makes sense for mafia/dark samus but the rest of us need to be thinking this through.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2020, 09:02:31 PM »
Serious question for folks.  Who would you of voted for had I not made that post today?  I am genuinely curious.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2020, 09:45:48 PM »
Quote from:

That I can answer. I posted, played a few rounds of a game then checked back for replies. The vote was already there but I forgot to bold the text to make it stand out so had to edit it & remove some needless flavor text in the process.

If I were just going with whoever voted first I'd have followed you & voted Lucario. lol

Oh hi GK pleasant day today huh..  As to your assertion of you voting with whoever voted first then why on Day 1 didn't you vote for Mop it up and not ShyGuy on the first day if that was your line of thinking going into this game?  I mean that was after pokepal said that they had the Metroid.  You would of surely had reason to vote for pokepal.  Were you just targeting someone who was rushing to vote for pokepal in one of Insanolord, ShyGuy or ejamer? 

Please tell me why you are switching logic like that. Why are you not using your own logic for today and vote along side me for Lucario? 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2020, 11:24:17 PM »
Quote from:

Oh hi GK pleasant day today huh..  As to your assertion of you voting with whoever voted first then why on Day 1 didn't you vote for Mop it up and not ShyGuy on the first day if that was your line of thinking going into this game?  I mean that was after pokepal said that they had the Metroid.  You would of surely had reason to vote for pokepal.  Were you just targeting someone who was rushing to vote for pokepal in one of Insanolord, ShyGuy or ejamer? 

Please tell me why you are switching logic like that. Why are you not using your own logic for today and vote along side me for Lucario?

I'm not switching logic because I'm not using any. Also you make zero sense. Are you roleplaying a Tzeentch cultist today? Where do I say I dogpile on who is voted on first? Did you miss the "if" of my last post? I was just voting for you because you left this plea about sitting on a leaking toilet & stressing about stuff. I was doing a mercy vote. Now you want folks who you asked to vote for you to change their vote to Lucario because...?

If anything I may keep my vote just because I prefer Slaanesh...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2020, 11:36:59 PM »
I am roleplaying as something called mind games today.  You might want to look it up because you are falling for them so much. 

And yeah all that stuff is going on still and I am still frustrated by it.  Players can decide if they want to vote me out or not.  I am not under the cult of  Slaanesh, which after a quick search shows that you prefer that which means you enjoy pleasure, excess and decadence. Lust, pride and self-indulgence.   All shows to me that you follow a cult and that is not something that townies should do.

Think for yourself. Make your own choices. That is what I am asking of the remaining players and not rush to a decision. Weigh the concequences of your choices. You are free to do what you wish just know going forward what could have been.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2020, 11:45:27 PM »
Screw that. It's almost midnight here.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 11:54:08 PM »
Serious question for folks.  Who would you of voted for had I not made that post today?  I am genuinely curious.

You were a top 3 on my vote list anyway. Some of the language in our messages was odd, which started to convince me you were a bounty hunter. I would've guessed Dark Samus though, and give you a bunch of credit for turning the Day 1 mistake into a reasonable cover story.

As for why I think we should vote out BeautifulShy, despite that making Dark Samus a greater threat to gain power-ups, it comes down to one point: it's better to remove a known threat than to risk losing another townie with an uncertain vote.

Keeping a bounty hunter who is ready to make a hit that night in the game doesn't benefit us in any way, and there are no contrite bounty hunters. Making "deals", as someone hinted at earlier, is a pretty terrible idea - we have no leverage at all to enforce how things will play out, and it's not in the bounty hunter's benefit to follow our suggestions. Trusting what a bounty hunter says on the way out is also fraught with peril; again, what incentive is there to tell the truth at that point?

Sure, it might "pressure" the mafia to do our dirty work instead; but they are just as likely to keep doing recon so that they can (a) find the Metroid and (b) figure out who the other bounty hunter is.  That's probably more effective for them than removing a known threat, since their real issue is identification and not action. The rationale there is very spotty... 

However, there isn't really any benefit to doing it quick versus trying to let more information leak out - unless someone is trying to delay the final majority vote because the quick timing would make it hard for their team to submit night actions? Townies have probably already lost that "opportunity" though.

People should think carefully about why different positions are being taken.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2020, 12:03:06 AM »
Screw that. It's almost midnight here.
Ahh come on Ganrayda wants to to give you lots of love. Don't run away.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2020, 12:07:46 AM »
Here is why you should keep me around...  How many of you have a clue as to who could be Dark Samus? 
What do you say?

Even if you had access to more information, and/or were better able to piece things together, we can't trust you. With your cover blown, it's only a matter of time before you are eliminated.

It's a Samus hit day, and Samus doesn't have any items because the first kill was the x-parasite. The only way Dark Samus could benefit is if Samus made a kill tonight and got a power-up.  Now, if Samus chooses not to make a hit (because B-Shy would rather not play anyway or would be willing to make a deal on the way out) then Dark Samus may not waste the hit on Samus.  The only gain for Dark Samus is the extra hit, which is valuable, but at the very least, it'd buy us some time before Dark Samus got too many power-ups.

It's a Samus hit day, so removing now Samus means one extra person (maybe good, maybe not... but odds are it would be a townie) stays alive until tomorrow if Samus gets voted out first.

Splitting power-ups between two people might not be a bad idea, but voting out someone who you know is going against you is almost always a better idea.

Finally, I submit that it's really key for the mafia to find and eliminate Dark Samus quickly - as that person is the biggest threat to their success.  Edit: I am guessing they know that, and that's why we've seen multiple early recons as they try to gather as much info as possible; but it's hard to say how long that patience will last, even if it is the best long-term approach.

However, IF people have a really good idea of who else to vote for then maybe this is a good situation for the Omega Pirate action to come into play? I'm not clear about the timing rules for night actions (if we kill someone who was going to kill someone else, do both kills still go through or does one get cancelled?) so this could be a bad idea.

My assumption is that all night kills still happen, so we're probably better off voting. Also, there is the worst case scenario where Omega Pirate gets voted out and then we kind of screw ourselves... so, yeah.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:21:40 AM by ejamer »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 12:08:51 AM »

Love is in the air...

Does anyone like music? Here is my head canon on musical tastes for each main character.

Samus enjoys hard rock and metal, a few things even veering into scream or death metal.

Rundas’s interests often overlap with Samus’s, but his taste is a little softer - he doesn’t like much metal and prefers soft rock. Sometimes he listens to rap or hip hop.

Ghor listens to classical music exclusively and detests anything more modern or technological.

Gandrayda enjoys smooth jazz and experimental music, often things that don’t keep a consistent beat or tone.

U-Mos enjoys trance and lo-fi music.

Adam doesn’t usually listen to music, but when he does, he listens to the trashiest, most generic pop music he can find. He hates it, but claims that it helps him zone out and focus on thinking when he has to work and plan. Once he listened to the same song 127 times in a row when he stayed up all night planning an attack on a space pirate base.

Anthony likes soul music with a focus on poetic lyrics.

Ridley won’t listen to anything except death metal and screamo.

Kraid will listen to and enjoy literally any type of music imaginable. Ridley once almost convinced him that the sound of a radiator working was a song, and Kraid said he liked it.

Dark Samus almost never had a chance to listen to music, but she enjoyed anything with an emphasis on a slow, loud backing beat and no lyrics. It reminds her of the metaphorical heartbeat of Phaaze and all phazon.

It is time for some Metroid Headcannon....

Because Gandrayda has the power to change her form whenever she wants, she consciously has to hold her cells in the shape of her natural form

Gangrayda can shapeshift into almost any material. A lover of pranks and challenges, Gandrayda made used of this ability on many occasions. She often used shape-shifting pranks to grab the attention of people she admired- probably on Samus on more than one occasion. She was the sort of person who’d pretend to be your coffee table for a week before springing out on you, more for the sake of testing how long she can remain as a coffee table than for the satisfaction of scaring you shitless (but that was always a bonus to giggle about later.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:24:08 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2020, 12:35:31 AM »
What do you say?

Even if you had access to more information, and/or were better able to piece things together, we can't trust you. With your cover blown, it's only a matter of time before you are eliminated.

It's a Samus hit day, so removing now Samus means one extra person (maybe good, maybe not... but odds are it would be a townie) stays alive until tomorrow if Samus gets voted out first.

Splitting power-ups between two people might not be a bad idea, but voting out someone who you know is going against you is almost always a better idea.

Finally, I submit that it's really key for the mafia to find and eliminate Dark Samus quickly - as that person is the biggest threat to their success.  Edit: I am guessing they know that, and that's why we've seen multiple early recons as they try to gather as much info as possible; but it's hard to say how long that patience will last, even if it is the best long-term approach.

However, IF people have a really good idea of who else to vote for then maybe this is a good situation for the Omega Pirate action to come into play? I'm not clear about the timing rules for night actions (if we kill someone who was going to kill someone else, do both kills still go through or does one get cancelled?) so this could be a bad idea.

My assumption is that all night kills still happen, so we're probably better off voting. Also, there is the worst case scenario where Omega Pirate gets voted out and then we kind of screw ourselves... so, yeah.

Yeah I can't be trusted because there really was going to be more discussion without me today.    :rolleyes:   Things would of went on like yesterday having no activity and limited votes and once again voting out a townie in a scramble unless old Mother Brain came through. But the question remains did they find anything else in their search and how they actually would of gotten that info to the thread without any protective measures?   

I am the biggest target because I made it that way and where do the townies/federation/ Bounty Hunters go after the main target is gone from the game?   

I'll leave the rest for Khushrenada to respond to.   

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2020, 12:39:53 AM »

Can you answer this for ejamer, Khushrenada?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2020, 12:40:12 AM »
and with that I am off to bed. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2020, 12:44:13 AM »

Can you answer this for ejamer, Khushrenada?

If a player with night actions gets voted out in the day such as a Samus, Omega Pirate or Godfather then their hit action will not happen at night. Because they died in the day portion, I do not consider that player alive or active to participate at night.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.