Author Topic: Mario Kart Coming Back to the Arcade  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
Mario Kart Coming Back to the Arcade
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »

With help from Namco Bandai.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33230

Mario Kart Arcade Grand Prix DX is coming to Japanese arcades. 

In a joint effort between Nintendo and Namco Bandai, this new arcade entry in the series takes elements from Mario Kart 7. Already revealed is the return of gliding and racing underwater.

Modes unveiled so far are Grand Prix, Co-op, "Clone" Battle Mode and a four-player Competitive Mode.

Expect to see Mario Kart Grand Prix DX at the Japanese Amusement Expo on February 15 and 16. It is set to launch in arcades this summer.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Mario Kart Coming Back to the Arcade
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »
Even if this were to come to the United States, there isn't an arcade within 50 miles of me. So this game might as well not even exist.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Jet Pilot

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
Put it on the eShop please Nintendo.  That costs you almost nothing.

Offline Ailingforale

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • The Video Game Backlog
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:58:14 PM »
I would love for this to come out about 15 years ago...  I haven't seen a good arcade in a very long time, nor do I have buds that want to get together and go to arcades anymore.  Hopefully when my kids grow up this will be hip in the US again.
TheVideoGameBacklog.com

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:59:45 PM »
I played one of the Mario Kart arcade games once at some arcade in a mall, which was pretty much entirely imported Japanese arcade games and they all had gimmicks like steering wheels, lightguns, instrument controllers, etc.  It was just some game.  Like it wasn't bad but it wasn't noteworthy in any way.  I would never see myself paying to play it again.

Here in North America I figure an arcade Mario Kart would have been a huge deal in the 90's but today this is pretty much only of note for Japanese gamers.