Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Games you DON'T want to see come out

<< < (2/5) > >>

Khushrenada:
Another release of Urban Champion.

Heck, most NES games at this point unless developers want to remake them like Metroid Zero Mission's rethink of Metroid NES.

Saw this image the other day of Mega Man:

If the early Mega Man games looked a bit like that or their Smash representation then I'd have a greater desire to playing them instead of seeing this:

2D Platformers today can have some beautiful and fluid animations and visuals today:

I'm more likely to play (and did play) the latter over the former because it is visually more striking and knowing that it was made with modern game design and not the home arcade type of design that the NES and early GB games had. Update and refine those games and I think you could spark new interest and appeal to people gaming today rather then having to provide caveats and qualifiers about why the game is good or understanding why it plays the way it does to newer or younger gamers learning about them.

Spak-Spang:
Khushrenda:  I actually disagree with your take because Mega Man NES games hold up better visually to me than the SNES updates.  The style is just perfect.  However, the difficulty of those games are just too much for me.  But I love them dearly.

Spak-Spang:
How about Wario Wears.  A dress up game for Wario and Luigi.  I don't want to see that. 

Or Waluigi's Birds and the Bees.  An educational Visual Novel about puberty and reproduction.

Kairon:

--- Quote from: Spak-Spang on June 29, 2021, 03:39:49 AM ---Khushrenda:  I actually disagree with your take because Mega Man NES games hold up better visually to me than the SNES updates.  The style is just perfect.  However, the difficulty of those games are just too much for me.  But I love them dearly.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. The Visuals of Mega Man are definitely NES era but they're readable and have a distinct style, and more importantly I think the Gameplay is solid and not arcane. Of course, the games tend towards difficulty so much that I can only beat Cut-Man's stage in the original Mega Man! ^_^'

Urban Champion though... Ooof that's a pretty good answer for this thread's topic.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Spak-Spang on June 29, 2021, 04:29:11 AM ---How about Wario Wears.  A dress up game for Wario and Luigi.  I don't want to see that. 

Or Waluigi's Birds and the Bees.  An educational Visual Novel about puberty and reproduction.

--- End quote ---

Sweet Georgia Brown!! You came up with two great game ideas and dismissed them both!

I can see WarioWears being like a Savvy Style game only with Mushroom Kingdom characters. Help design clothes and party decor for Pauline and opening night of New Donk's City Jazz Festival, design the clothes and ball room for a Toad and Toadette's Wedding Party, or put together the party decor and design clothes for Peach and others at the Annual Mushroom Kingdom Fireworks Festival. You can design things more traditional with Mona, more gothic with Ashley, more Nintendo flavored with 9-Volt or completely garish with the Wario man himself! See the party and events play out after you've designed them. What a game!

And as for the Waluigi game, I would tweak it slightly more to a dating sim game as Waluigi tries to find love and his romantic misadventures. That has the makings of comedy gold!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version