Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Not a hater but... (future prediction)

<< < (52/56) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
I didn't realize it was a tradition. I just thought the Switch officially becoming Nintendo's most successful console ever justified dunking on this guy again.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: The President on March 03, 2020, 05:11:49 PM ---Well, it is now another year of the Switch on the market and another year of Miyamoto gloating at us all for not seeing the complete failure the Switch has been like he was able to before it released.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: The President on March 04, 2021, 12:00:51 AM ---It's March 3rd so you know what that means!!!!

Thread bump time.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: The President on March 04, 2021, 10:46:03 PM --- Because of his complete absence ... I've been more willing to keep bumping this thread on the Switch anniversary ... I'll keep bumping this thread [until] a Switch 2 (or whatever system Nintendo releases to replace the Switch) comes out on the market

--- End quote ---

Kind of thought I was making it clear that it was becoming a tradition for me to bump it on March 3rd. That said, don't let me take away the joy bumping this thread may give you since I know you were the one that finally had it with his non-stop insistence that he was going to be right about the Switch and locked the thread because of it. Personally, I think I've done all I can at this point anyways to make him eat his words especially after last year. Wow, did I find new ways to mock his pessimistic predictions. So, go ahead and celebrate the sales with some schadenfreude.

And since a Switch is starting to look like its never coming, I guess there'll be more bumps for this thread yet after all!

Khushrenada:
And here, I'll even unlock the topic again so other users besides mods can post in it. I used to think it was worth keeping locked in case he came back and tried to delete his posts on it but at this point they've been quoted so much by others that they'd still be preserved.

Mop it up:
Nintendo will never again release a new Mario game.

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: The President on March 04, 2021, 01:25:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: ThePerm on January 21, 2017, 12:35:49 PM ---When we look at price we can see that unlike the Wii U, most likely Switch's price will go down as time goes on. Also, game prices will get cheaper.  2 years from now a $99 switch is going to be really appealing.

--- End quote ---

Wait, WHAT? Where can I get one of these 2019 $99 Switch consoles? Slashing the price by 66% in two years?! Someone was really hating on the Switch and expecting it to crash and burn over its first two years!

--- Quote from: Soren on January 21, 2017, 03:22:25 PM ---Guys c'mon. The Switch ain't dropping to $99 on 2019.

--- End quote ---

Get out of here Soren! We don't need no correct predictions in this thread. Let's stick to the crazy talk here!

--- Quote from: ThePerm on January 22, 2017, 02:37:41 PM ---So, in 2 years there is going to be a  portable console that is $150 to $99. It's going to be loaded with Nintendo games. It'll already be loaded with a bunch of RPG games from third parties. Virtual Console library will have tons of indy games, classic games from 8-bit to present. Any problems with storage will be solved by SDXC.

--- End quote ---

That's right! Double down on that prediction. Not only will it be $99 but it will even have more features then the launch version of the Switch! ThePerm, what were you thinking?!

I can't think of anyone that would predict Nintendo having a console at $99 would be a super successful strategy!

--- Quote from: Miyamoto on December 04, 2016, 06:30:17 AM ---in five years Nintendo will release a new console which is essentially a super stripped down dongle for $80 that has media services and budget gaming (which by then will be fine) and an IOS/Android phone suite for mobile gaming.

--- End quote ---

You see! Predicting an $80 dongle is much more realistic. That's how Nintendo will truly profit and become a force in the game industry again.

--- End quote ---

Well if you account for inflation the Switch Lite price at its price point of $199 in 2019 would be really close under The Price is Right rules  8) :P ;D :D ;).  I mean $150 in 2017 is $156 in 2019.  $150 would be $172 in 2022 because 14.7% inflation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version