Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 364339 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) Out now!
« Reply #1225 on: February 06, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »
Well, we managed to find Princess Zelda's horse (or descendant of), and some dude at the closest stable to the castle gave us the Royal Harness and Mount. Looks nice. Named the horse ButrCreme. LoL

Also wandered into some coliseum next to that stable from the top back while on my usual explorative Korok climb, took out some enemies on the first few levels before I heard a "RooOAaarrR". I look down an see some Blue Lynel with Purple hair.... theres some purple gook in the middle of the floor, and a bunch of pillars to hide behind.... I think I can take him. So I picked off the rest of the enemies on the multiple levels, then eat a hearty meal and take an attack boosting potion, and I parachute in.
Immediately 2 arrows to the face "bow down bitch" 2 quick slashes at his side and then I hop on his back and hack away. He throws me off, I head straight for the nearest pillar, where we play a game of ring around the rosey, getting a slash in here and a slash in there before he gets fed up and charges at me, but I'm behind the pillar, so I immediately pop out from behind just as soon as he hits it and nail him in the face with a single arrow. "Bow down BITCH!!!". Once more, 2 slashes to the side and then hop on for the ride. we keep following this pattern, with a few slip ups here and there as I get whacked around from losing my bearings, or him somehow getting his weapon or fire breath all the way through the pillar to hit me. (he killed me though these "errors" twice by also mismanaging my hearts, but the strategy was sound. So on the 3rd attempt, I managed to to prevent those oversights and make a near perfect run at him with the inclusion of the Stasis Time Lock "Bow Down Bitch!!!").
Took out the Mighty Blue Lynel, got his Mighty Lynel Sword and Shield as trophies. I walk out the Colosseum and see some guy cowering outside talking about fighting monsters and a great treasure... well, I came in from the back and defeated all the monsters... I never saw no treasure. I went back in, but then the blood moon was triggering, so I decided to just keep it moving instead of fighting that Lynel twice. I was already out of weapon and shield slots, having to swap out items to collect my new trophy items. (did I miss something?)

Anyways.... I also happen to run across the 3rd Great Fairy, and did a mass upgrade on all my armors (including my kinky rubber suit. lol - still need the pants though). I was LMAO when Link got all freaked out at the 3rd upgrade. Fairy goes in for the kiss and Link has a look of terror on his face as he shrieks and puts his hands up to protect himself. LMAO. Apparently there is still one more fairy though, but I have yet to meet the Gerudo or Ruto villages, so I still have about 33% of the map to explore and 2 more towers to locate and/or reach.

The only armors that I'm aware of that I need to complete at this time are:
The Barbarian Armor: I only have the helmet
The Rubber Suit: I only need the pants
The Ancient Armor: I need $6k rupees and all sorts of ancient **** to upgrade it with

I also want to stockpile ancient arrows, as that will make guardians and probably Lynels a piece of cake. I have 5 different Bows that shoot multiple arrows, and one of them shooting 5x arrows. That is my prized Bow collection at the moment.

p.s. What happens if you break the Master Sword? I accidentally pulled it out in a battle thinking it was some other sword, and the final hit it shattered with a message "the master sword has run out of energy". I reloaded the game from the previous save about 50ft down the road and redid the battle without using the master sword, but I just want to know for future reference should it happen again.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:48:27 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1226 on: February 06, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »
Well, we managed to find Princess Zelda's horse (or descendant of), and some dude at the closest stable to the castle gave us the Royal Harness and Mount. Looks nice. Named the horse ButrCreme. LoL

I named that horse "Royale". Lol.

I also happen to run across the 3rd Great Fairy, and did a mass upgrade on all my armors (including my kinky rubber suit. lol - still need the pants though). I was LMAO when Link got all freaked out at the 3rd upgrade. Fairy goes in for the kiss and Link has a look of terror on his face as he shrieks and puts his hands up to protect himself. LMAO.

Just wait until you find the last one, lol. (Also, save your ruppees.)

p.s. What happens if you break the Master Sword? I accidentally pulled it out in a battle thinking it was some other sword, and the final hit it shattered with a message "the master sword has run out of energy". I reloaded the game from the previous save about 50ft down the road and redid the battle without using the master sword, but I just want to know for future reference should it happen again.

Nothing.  You just can't use it for a while.  It'll recharge and be usable again.  You can't ever lose it permanently.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:22:56 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1227 on: February 06, 2018, 01:22:27 PM »
I've fought so many Lynels I didn't know existed until now. I even found a good place to farm items from Dinraal.  He comes there right after 5am, which is super convenient.

Now gotta find some better spots for the other two.
I found the Teleportation Stone to be a pretty fabulous addition, albeit somewhat superfluous for an endgame player. It's best utilized for grinding, as I'm assuming you hinted towards, and I would recommend the stretch of water in between Mount Lanayru and Zora's Domain for Naydra, as she makes her way through there around midnight and its relatively easy to swoop in and snatch her drops. Farosh is an easy catch close by either The Bridge of Hylia, which she swoops underneath, or the Floria Bridge, specifically if you set yourself up at Floria Falls.

That was the exact thing I was thinking of, and I'll try those spots out! Thanks!

I'll also mention that the stretch of water between Mount Lanayru and Zora's Domain is a pretty fabulous spot for grinding shooting stars, as there's relatively little foliage or topography to get in the way, and I found they spawned rather consistently. There's also a spot between Hebra and Korok Forest that gives consistent drops, too.

I've found that I get those sometimes from fighting the silver Lynels.  I've managed to rack up a few, but not enough to upgrade certain things.  Might try this too, if I ever get around to upgrading those.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 06, 2018, 02:51:27 PM »
I also happen to run across the 3rd Great Fairy, and did a mass upgrade on all my armors (including my kinky rubber suit. lol - still need the pants though). I was LMAO when Link got all freaked out at the 3rd upgrade. Fairy goes in for the kiss and Link has a look of terror on his face as he shrieks and puts his hands up to protect himself. LMAO.

Just wait until you find the last one, lol. (Also, save your ruppees.)

Out of curiosity, how many rupees should I make sure to have on hand should I run across the 4th (and final?) Great Fairy?

I want to go buy this ancient armor, but I don't like ever being broke either, just incase I need some stuff. I might go sell more of this Ore and stack my rupees. But I also need to find more diamonds to upgrade that guardian headband... is there more to that outfit as well?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1229 on: February 06, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
Like, ten Gs?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: February 06, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »
Wut!! O_o 'scuse me....

I've never had that much moola....
Guess I better get back to mining that mountain Ore, killing those white Moblins, and finding all those obscure treasure chest.... and manipulating my gambling cheat.... :/

I gotta find another quicker way to make some money in this game.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1231 on: February 06, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »
Yeah, grinding the cash is hard.  I remember it taking me a while.  But you probably shouldn't try to grind it all at once unless you're good at one of the mini-games.

The volume game is definitely one way to go.  Just keep killing enemies, taking their camps, and then selling parts en masse.  I still sell my excess monster parts.  I might actually need to start spending that cash as I'm running low on ancient arrows.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 06, 2018, 07:37:38 PM »
Evan_B’s guide to currency grinding:

Step 1: Do 3 Major Tests of Strength. You should have figured out how to do these without taking a single hit by now. Stock up on ancient weapons.
Step 2: Utilize these weapons to kill Lynels. Deck yourself out in Ancient Armor to get your mileage out of them. Obtain Lynel Bows.
Step 3: Mark Rare Mineral Talus on your map and use your Lynel Bows to kill them in under a minute. There’s a Luminous Talus by Zora’s Domain, and Luminous stones sell for about 130 rupees, not a bad deal.
Step 4: ...you should probably also mine out the quarry near that Luminous Talus, too.
Step 5: Use the time between Blood Moons to hunt mooses and ICE RHINOS in Hebra and sell their raw meat to that weirdo at the stable by the Plateau for 100 rupees a pop. He’ll only take three a day, the glutton.
Step 6: Profit!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 06, 2018, 10:12:08 PM »
I've been dumping all sorts of Raw Prime Meat on him... I just came across that stable the other day.

I'm like you want this!? It's yours, regular raw mean chicken and crab is fine for me....
Now I snatch up Bucks, boar and Wolves on sight.

My Lynel bows are my prize bows right now. multi-shot for the win.

Not sure if I've done 3 major test of strength.... (refresh me what and where)

as for the rest.... haven't run across them yet.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1234 on: February 06, 2018, 10:35:35 PM »
There's shrines where instead of a puzzle, you fight a mini guardian.  They come in three difficulties with the hardest being A "Major" Test of Strength.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 06, 2018, 10:36:34 PM »
Do you have the Master Sword?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 06, 2018, 10:43:48 PM »
I only see Silver Lynels now :/ I want to upgrade my Barbarian Armor, but...meh. Ironically, it's good for fighting Lynels.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 06, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Lynel materials are most useful for obtaining the Fang and Bone stuff, and I think some Amiibo costumes require them as materials?

I never upgraded my Barbarian Gear, but that's more because it never thrilled me aesthetically.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 07, 2018, 05:22:22 AM »
I got good at using boomerangs for hunting so I could save my arrows. It's well worth doing, especially since boomerangs can hit multiple animals in one throw,

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 07, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »
There's shrines where instead of a puzzle, you fight a mini guardian.  They come in three difficulties with the hardest being A "Major" Test of Strength.

Oh, yeah, now that I know how to beat them, they are a piece of cake.

Do you have the Master Sword?

I do. :)
Can't put the thing down to take a good pic of it for the compendium... Oh well.

I got good at using boomerangs for hunting so I could save my arrows. It's well worth doing, especially since boomerangs can hit multiple animals in one throw,
I should try that more often. I am running a little low on arrows now...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1240 on: February 07, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »
You can practice with Lizalfos arms. They act as boomerangs when thrown.

I never got good with them though. :(

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 07, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
Did you find the cave with Goddess statue?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 07, 2018, 08:32:55 PM »
You mean the one with 18 decayed guardians? Yeah, I found it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 09, 2018, 07:37:33 PM »
Besides the guy at the stable that buys Prime Meat off you at $100 a piece, $300 a day, why didn't anyone tell me there was some guy in the Rito village that will snag 100 flint off you for $1200!?
I just just made $2500 rupees in seconds.

I now have $5800 on me, so that's the most I've ever had all at once. Now I can go back to mining all that amber and flint w/o thinking it's mostly a waste of time. LOL

edit: But now I'm stuck in the Sha Warvo Shrine.... no idea what I'm supposed to do in here.....

no way to reach the 2nd chest, and no way to reach the highest platform, and the exit....
but there was some weird looking challenge just outside this shrine, maybe I should try that first.

edit 2: I figured out the shrine, and that challenge outside the shrine was a target range or something, but no one was there. It's also telling me there is a shrine somewhere near the bottom of that windhole, but I didn't find it....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:45:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 10, 2018, 01:22:51 AM »
Can't help you by person name of Shrines. What is the title of the Shrine? Like "Trial of Power", "Parabolas" or "A Minor Test of Strength". It will have a title like one of those that you can even see when looking at it on your map.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: February 10, 2018, 04:36:16 AM »
My general plan from here on out is to finish the Master Trials, knock off the last set from the Champion's Ballad, and than send link on an unstoppable rampage through Hyrule with the massive number of arrows I've collected. (I have 200 bomb arrows right now. It's ridiculous.)

The enhanced champion's abilities from the Champion's Ballad alone are just ridiculous and lord knows what the maxed out Master Sword and the bike will add to that carnage.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:40:49 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 10, 2018, 08:34:13 AM »
I have over 200 of each arrow except the Ancient arrows (only 30 of those). I was nearing 300 of some of them like the shock and regular but started using them more in combat against Lynels and a few other enemies. Figured I had enough to start using them more since I've probably got about 25% of the map left to cover.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 10, 2018, 12:59:11 PM »
I have about 427 shock arrows after never using them once in combat during my entire playthrough.

Then I started using them and realized they’re overpowered as hell.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1248 on: February 10, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »
I was in the same boat as Evan.  I mostly use bomb arrows and have enough cash stockpiled to just buy more whenever.  But the shock ones are great, especially in the rain.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 10, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »
Shock Arrows are best arrows.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA