Author Topic: Super. Paper. Mario. April. 2007.  (Read 44276 times)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Super. Paper. Mario. April. 2007.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »
I don't see how those are lame, if they actually make sense in game. If there was like earthquake magic and you actually did more damage depending how fast you shook the wiimote that would be awesome.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Super. Paper. Mario. April. 2007.
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 12:56:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
CASTLETROID(tm) RECOGNIZE.  Dequello made it up

You can also add MegaVania to the mix. (Mega Man Network Transmission)

Don't you mean that game here you throw axes and shoot stuff with a pea shooter but you can't until you get the right chip err card to do so.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 01:11:30 PM »
oh please! are you telling me that is a good implementation? I even think the TP controls are more interesting, this is just pointing at things replacing goombella's identification and shaking the controller replacing the same action in Paper Mario TTYD,  I hope they give us more than just that, can they stop replacing buttons for gestures? seriously? go crazy, Nintendo, please, I beg you, the remote is perfectly capable of so much more, I want at least some game that makes a wii purchase worth it.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 01:21:06 PM »
I'm really excited about this game because I've never played any of the Paper Mario games (which is a crime because I hear SO much about how awesome they are and how much I suck for never having played one). But to a certain extent I have to agree with Mantidor about the gesture controlling. Nintendo really needs to get on that.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »
The Mii channel makes the Wii worth it. ALONE. Recognize.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »
It was originally a GC game, moved to the Wii because the GC is dead, it's an extension of a killer franchise, and all you can do is bitch?

Stfu.  

The correct response to this news is "F*CK YES!" and nothing else.

The Wii has proven one thing - people will endlessly whine over the most tiny of things.  You people act like we're going to get awesome and original implementation 2 months in?  Of course we aren't.  You need some damn patience.  Sh*t.  Same thing with the VC releases.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »
No one is allowed to complain about the VC until they've bought at least 5 Wii games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 02:31:36 PM »
Well I bought 8 Wii games and a handful of VC games and Im not complaining even if Red Steel wasn't up to everyone's expectations.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
Thanks for your participation =D

Everyone else is probably in the "i finished Zelda, so now what?" camp.  -- that's right, FAKE NINTENDO FANS.  Just like the people who claim to support the GameCube.

WORST AUDIENCE EVAR.  YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD LITTLE CAPITALIST DOGS WHO ACTUALLY BUY LOTS OF GAMES.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 03:01:47 PM »
If you consider November/December the same (i.e. Zelda, WiiSports, etc.) then January has WarioWare and March has Mario Party then SPM in April. That means there will be just one drought month at the start of the Wii's life and that isn't even including third parties (Cooking Mama?! Sonic!?). Easily the best launch of any console.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 03:13:13 PM »
I have five Wii games and ten VC games can I post?

Ok I think SPM is going to be more than enough to hold most people over for a while. Not every gamer can beata  game in a week. Some people like to, oh I don't know, take thier time and enjoy a game. Yeah its a shock I know but its true. So far the ONLY erea I do think Nintendo is lacking is the online department, but I can give it more time since DS took a while and I shouldnt have had high expectation as Nintendo has always been a  major let down for me in some way or another.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »
HUZZAH! In fact...HUZZAH!...once more because there are far too few HUZZAHS these days by my reckoning.

Thousand Year Door was one of those totally undervalued masterpieces that graced the GCN. The fact that it and games like Tales of Symphonia that actually try and give you something new with adventure/rpg gameplay aren't bigger success stories simply makes me sick.

I am SO putting money aside for this game. I absolutely cannot wait.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 05:39:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
"As I expected, a lame implementation of the remote."

As expected, mantidor bitches again...

Word!

Seriously, dude, chill! I know you aren't impressed with the Wii right now and don't want to bother picking up one, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be a killjoy about it.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Thanks for your participation =D

Everyone else is probably in the "i finished Zelda, so now what?" camp.  -- that's right, FAKE NINTENDO FANS.  Just like the people who claim to support the GameCube.

WORST AUDIENCE EVAR.  YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD LITTLE CAPITALIST DOGS WHO ACTUALLY BUY LOTS OF GAMES.

You go buy Happy Feet first.  Oh, and you have to play it to completion.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »
I'd like to see a Grandia Game for Wii. that series was killer! I liked Grandia II, still have it for DC, gotta love Millena
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »
Forget the Wiimote gesturing stuff for a second. Holding the Wiimote on it's side works better for this game then the Cube's d-pad or analog stick ever would. And another thing: IT'S SUPER EFFING PAPER MARIO AKA PIXELATED SEXGASM. That's really all you need to know.  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2007, 10:50:04 PM »

Originally posted by: MysticGohan
I'd like to see a Grandia Game for Wii. that series was killer! I liked Grandia II, still have it for DC, gotta love Millena
what
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2007, 11:20:51 PM »
I hope it's a platformer because for RPGs I prefer Mario & Luigi over Paper Mario (Much better implementation of the button timing for defense).

For Wii RPGs I'd like to see indirect controls, i.e. select character, click somewhere and the character goes there or bashes that head in or whatever.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 12:54:10 AM »
"I hope it's a platformer"

I don't know where some of you people have been since the game was revealed, but yes it IS a platformer with RPG elements...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 02:11:38 AM »
I've had a pre-order for this game since it was announced last year.  As far as I know it hasn't been cancelled, so I wonder if Gamestop.com will still keep it open, now that it has switched platforms from GCN to Wii.

Any case being a hardcore Mario nut, I will be getting this game.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 02:45:26 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
"As I expected, a lame implementation of the remote."

As expected, mantidor bitches again...

Word!

Seriously, dude, chill! I know you aren't impressed with the Wii right now and don't want to bother picking up one, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be a killjoy about it.

hey, I can't wait for this game too, but I'm not going to let go that the implementation of the remote is pathetic at best, since this is intelligent systems and this is such a different case from TP I do have much higher hopes about this one.  As I said, I might even buy the console, but its awfully expensive for me,and I want to feel as less guilty as possible about expending so much cash and having a game with an awesome use of the remote can help a lot with that, it used to be the graphics with past consoles, but thats no longer the case for the wii.

And holding the remote sideways doesn't make it  "OMGAWESOME", it really doesn't :P.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline willie1234

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2007, 04:27:57 AM »
actually I have to agree that the use of wiimote seems to be wrong here.

ergonomically, it is better to have a split controller (ie wiimote + nunchuck) than having to hold a normal controller with both hands.  So holding the wiimote sideways for anything but nostalgia for the old nes controller seems wrong to me.  They could have the same effect using the two controllers, while being more comfortable.  Maybe that will be an option?

I'm also in the wait and see camp when it comes to buying a Wii.  I'm still playing through a few cube games that I didn't get around to, but this might push it over the edge for me when it comes out.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 05:25:52 AM »
Super Paper Mario: FTW
Enough said.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 05:43:12 AM »
I agree, the decision to hold it sideways was clearly nostalgia driven.

Also on Intelligent Systems, they had BETTER implement pointer control of Fire Emblem.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 05:48:21 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
Then you should smack some sense into Smash Brother, who apparently doesn't like SMRPG anymore even though he's never played it.

First of all, that course of action would not be, how should I say, "prudent"...

Second, I've burned out on turn-based RPGs. I just have. There's no real rhyme or reason to it, but I've tried to play some recently (even good ones, like FFIII) and I just can't do it.

I expect SMRPG will be the same, hence why I likely won't buy it.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64