Author Topic: Episode 781: War Gods Is My Religion  (Read 1127 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 781: War Gods Is My Religion
« on: July 24, 2022, 01:41:59 PM »

Stop taking about War Gods!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/61060/episode-781-war-gods-is-my-religion

This week we manage to have all of our segments, if not quite in proper balance. This includes Nintendo's recent insistence that all episodes need a news segment. This week that segment covers three highly-questionable choices for the Nintendo Switch Online service. We then turn to tackle a trio of emails: how do we feel about "leaker culture," how do you make a non-offensive religious game, and what games should have less words for story. You can send us an email here.

After the break we do a little New Business. Greg is mostly focused on Klonoa 2 from Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series. He's also got news on the "Daisy" update to Mario Strikers: Battle League. Guillaume is playing the recently-released Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II remaster for Switch. James is trying to grind through his backlog before Xenoblade Chronicles 3, this time with Astral Chain. He's been playing it using the Satisfye ZenGrip Pro, now compatible with the Switch OLED.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Episode 781: War Gods Is My Religion
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 02:48:46 PM »
This has nothing to do with the podcast, but I feel that Lindemann is partially responsible for this:

Link
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 08:46:49 PM »
Low-key a really funny episode  ;D

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 04:29:35 AM »
Religion isn't as taboo topic in videogames as you present it to be.

In fact there is an entire genre of games where you play AS a God. Imaginatively named god-games have such obscure games like ActRaiser (featuring angelic cherubims!), Populous series (featuring a spell called Armageddon that does exactly what you expect!), Afterlife, Black and White series, Doshin the Giant and Dungeon Keeper (play as Satan!) series.

Religion is also an entire system in role-playing games, obviously.

And then there is Fight of the Gods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7NiaaLZM8
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks