Author Topic: Comic Books  (Read 14176 times)

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Comic Books
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
Oh cool. I have a complete run of Ultimate Spider-Man in floppy form. I'm getting the new Ultimate Spider-Man in Hardcover because it's cheaper for me that way, getting them for at least 50% off and such from my shop.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
Oh cool. I have a complete run of Ultimate Spider-Man in floppy form. I'm getting the new Ultimate Spider-Man in Hardcover because it's cheaper for me that way, getting them for at least 50% off and such from my shop.

Are you collecting from the beginning or just the beginning of the new Spider-Man's run?  Because if you're starting from the beginning, good luck because those hardcovers are hard to find.  I got lucky and stumbled into half of them at a decent price a few years ago.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would buy anything other than these 150-200 page hardbound collections.  It's just not worth the money and space otherwise.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 10:40:26 AM »
Just the new stuff. I'm not really huge into double dipping. Especially not when I'll end up paying well over cover price.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
Found this video today which talks about what is coming out this week and next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlkVPX98y0
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »
Just got back from my comic shop and got the first issue of Iron Man and will be picking up 2 copies of the new MLP:FIM for myself and for the prize to send off to someone for my Mafia game come Wednesday. I gotta say the art style of the Iron Man comic is really nice.

Finished reading Iron Man #1 and it is pretty good so far. Writing was pretty good it had a certain style of Tony Stark but it didn't pull me in as much as far as the plot goes. I will pick up the next issue though on the 21st though to see where it goes from here.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:52:53 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
The new Iron Man series looks decent. Not a fan of the Greg Land's art and the story I've heard is a retread of what fraction was doing.

I'm going to be picking up the Palo Rivera varient cover of Captian America to frame up on the wall.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »
Haven't stayed all that current in years. These days I'll browse favorite characters on wikipedia or wait for a friend on a messenger to tell me the latest info(regardless if I want it or not).

I mainly just wait for a cool looking storyline to come out in graphic novel form. Still need more Green Lantern: Blackest Night stuff as well as War of the Green Lanterns.

My most recent purchases include: Empowered: Vol 1 Deluxe Edition, Power Girl vol 1, Power Girl: Bomb Squad, & Batman: Hush.

Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
Turns out I was mistaken about the MLP:FIM issue #1 last week it actually comes out tomorrow. I am picking up 2 copies. One for me and one for Bustin98 for the prize for the Mafia game. I will also likely pick up the Iron Man #2 as well when I go down there.

The guy down there at my comic shop told me about a site where you can find about the latest releases among other things. previewsworld.com

Edit. Seems the MLP:FIM #1 is up on iTunes now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:01:10 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
My most recent purchases include: Empowered: Vol 1 Deluxe Edition, Power Girl vol 1, Power Girl: Bomb Squad, & Batman: Hush.
I have some Empowered in paperback. I keep it in the box instead of showing it off on the shelf...

I've got all of PG series and Terra's book should be delivered sometime this week.

But for some reason "PG: Aliens and Apes" is out of print or something. The only way to get it is through resellers by ridiculous prices.

Recently, i've bought two first paperbacks of Waid's 90s Flash run, should be good.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 06:08:28 AM »

I have some Empowered in paperback. I keep it in the box instead of showing it off on the shelf...

I've got all of PG series and Terra's book should be delivered sometime this week.

But for some reason "PG: Aliens and Apes" is out of print or something. The only way to get it is through resellers by ridiculous prices.

Recently, i've bought two first paperbacks of Waid's 90s Flash run, should be good.

Yeah, I had my Empowered tucked under my bed when I had guests over for Thanksgiving. Though a friend found it while I was busy gaming. She thought it was hilarious.

Yeah, I saw that on Amazon. Thus why I switched tracks & went to Bomb Squad instead of Aliens and Apes.
Mission...complete?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
Just started reading The Walking Dead... Does anyone else get depressed after reading it? One Piece makes me cry tears of sorry and joy, this just makes feel terrible and wonder what sick muthafletcher can put these ideas on paper.

It's a great story no doubt, I am hooked, but holy crap this is true survival horror.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of gloom and doom, but the key thing is that they press on. Even when the core group changes (mild spoilers?), there's still rays of hope. One thing though, you never know who's gonna die or what seemingly foreshadowing events actually pan out. I'm up to date one it, and highly recommend that you keep reading. I became totally enthralled reading through the first two omnibuses. and eventually getting individual volumes, then issues until I completely caught up.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »
Haven't looked at this thread in a while...that Captain America cover is awesome...now I want a poster of it.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of gloom and doom, but the key thing is that they press on. Even when the core group changes (mild spoilers?), there's still rays of hope. One thing though, you never know who's gonna die or what seemingly foreshadowing events actually pan out. I'm up to date one it, and highly recommend that you keep reading. I became totally enthralled reading through the first two omnibuses. and eventually getting individual volumes, then issues until I completely caught up.

I just finished the hard cover for Book 4. I guess part 8? So I absolutely have to know if someone survives. The way it was drawn I couldn't tell if that person got hit or not. Though we are led to believe that yea that person did bite it, I just can't imagine that character dying ever.

So Nickmitch tell me, in the tv series some of the zombies used rocks as tools. I only noticed it after a rewatch and that seems really uncharacteristic of them. Is that topic ever touched upon after the mess with the governor?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
I don't think so. The books don't really focus on the behavior of the zombies in that way. Just kind of how they operate in groups, react to sounds and smell, etc. I honestly can't recall seeing them use tools.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
Sometimes I think DC is run by a bunch of monkeys.

So two weeks ago Gail Simone was fired from Batgirl when the book got a new Editor despite it being one of the top selling books DC has and the top selling book female book of both DC and Marvel. In her place Ray Fawkes the new writer of Brids of Prey was going to fill in for two issues.

Fast forward today is was announced that Gail Simone is replacing Gail Simone as the new Batgirl writer.

Any one here following Marvel Now"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 12:56:38 AM »
Gail Simone has a bit of a temper, so maybe there was a dust up.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 02:32:21 PM »
Doc Oc as Spidey, The Superior Spider-Man?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
Stupid idea that goes against everything established about both characters. I hope the outrage continues so that they quickly reverse the decision.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »
Dan Slott makes me shame my head in shame.

Good thing there are two really spiderman related books in Scarlet Spider and Venom so you can ignore there Carnival of stupid.

The Justice League and Aquaman crossover is pretty good thus far. Aqua man is beast.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
I got my phat loot from every ones favorite Canadian, Khrushrenada! Multiple issues of Power Girl and Justice League International. Haven't had time to peruse yet.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »
Good to hear. You may have gotten a good deal with Power Girl considering the discussion early about the Vol. 1 being out of print. Just makes the gift that much more special. Hope everything arrived in good shape.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 06:58:17 PM »
Doc Oc as Spidey, The Superior Spider-Man?

Just learned about this today also. It's definitely eyebrow raising and quite surprising. I'll admit, I'm not a Marvel fan but I do check on Spiderman and for awhile I was reading it regularly from about American Son which is like issue 695 to a little after Spider Island around 645.

Personally, I don't mind Dan Slott and I like that he took Parker and for awhile basically started having him live up to his potential instead of always being kicked around so much. Of course, considering the reversal that has played out, maybe that changed in the last while. My feelings are that I don't like the way that they let Parker die and have Ock as spiderman, that just feels so wrong and wierd, yet at the same time, I'm curious to see where things go from there.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Do_What

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »
Not the first time something like this has happened. It's stupid, it'll die in a year and in two years we'll mostly forget about it, just like the peter selling his soul to save aunt may thing.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
So apparently Superior Spiderman in story has too mean that everyone but Doc Lock Spidey is stupid. Was talking to a friend who reads only marvel and the recent Daredevil and Avenging spiderman hinges on the fact that the characters realize that something is up with spidey but then he talks his way out of it.