Author Topic: Favorite modern cartoonist?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Favorite modern cartoonist?
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:36:40 PM »
Butch Hartman (Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom, T.U.F.F. Puppy)
I love Butch Hartman's cartoons. His sense of humor is very reminiscent of Chuck Jones, and his art style is very unique.

Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack)
He is brilliant. Samurai Jack was the best cartoon ever made, with an incredibly unique art style and amazing animation. It's a shame he hasn't been doing much lately. Was Hotel Transylvania any good? EDIT: Hotel Transylvania was amazing. I never thought of Sony Pictures Animation as a respectable studio (all because of that wreck that was Open Season), but they did a great job with this movie. Are they the next DreamWorks?

Craig McCracken (Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends)
He made a show about butt-kicking girls cool. And Foster's is a very weird and funny cartoon.

John Kricfalusci (Ren & Stimpy, George Liquor)
He is a very outspoken critic of modern cartoons, and a collector of classic animation memorabilia. He was one of the first cartoonists to extensively use Flash, and he makes webtoons occasionally. His sense of humor borders on the bizarre, almost like an extreme version of Tex Avery, but his art style and sense of comic timing is unmatched.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:43:00 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite modern cartoonist?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:16 AM »
The only other one that comes to mind worth mentioning is Bruce Timm who's work includes Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series and the Justice League/Unlimited series as well as Green Lantern: The Animated Series but I've yet to see any of the latter to know if it is good or not.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
Are comic artists included in this category? Because I'll throw Frank Cho and J. Scott Campbell in there.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:19:19 PM »
Matt Groening
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 10:48:14 PM »
Jim Davis.

The way he dumbs down the humor of Garfield comics down to the point of practically redefining the word "joke" is an art form.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.