Author Topic: Episode 712: It Sounds Stupid Said Out Loud  (Read 3633 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 712: It Sounds Stupid Said Out Loud
« on: March 07, 2021, 02:19:00 PM »

While this might be particularly relevant this week, it is particularly relevant every week.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/56513/episode-712-it-sounds-stupid-said-out-loud

There was Pokémon news last week, but we talk about it this week. Deal with it. Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl, and of course Pokémon Legends Arceus were all announced. We can't remember the adjectives for our Diamond and Pearl remakes, and not even the Pokémon Company can pronounce Arceus. They CAN make a trailer that looks an awful lot like Breath of the Wild.

There's also a new Smash character! We knew Mythra and Pyra were coming, and now they're here. James and Greg breakdown the announcement video, and "See here!", get stuck in with the character.

Yer' done!

Okay, that's out of my system.

After the break New Business continues with some of the Newest Business: James has Bravely Default II. It's not the sequel to Bravely Default. But it is a sequel to Bravely Default. He's not far in, so his impressions are very early. Guillaume has beaten Children of Morta, and has some final thoughts on the game. He also vanquished Ring Fit Adventure, and he is now the buffest person on Earth. Interestingly enough, we have an email asking about how to find the determination to get up, put down the game, and get fit. It takes quite a bit more time to answer than expected, but it's important and as a reminder WE ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS.

We're just angry on the Internet.

If you're angry in the Internet, send us an email about it.

It's time for a RetroActive, Resident Evil: Revelations. You can comment here.

Please do, this is an interactive segment. Please interact with us. We'll be doing the recording of our RetroActive sometime in late March or early April.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 712: It Sounds Stupid Said Out Loud
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 02:49:57 AM »
Come for the Nintendo.

Stay for the weight loss advice!

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 08:32:31 PM »
I liked the health and fitness talk. It put my own goals into perspective, if that makes sense.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 10:50:38 PM »
Set realistic goals and keep evolving them.

I didn't plan to go where I ended up, I just wanted to feel better...then I turned it into a game. I had a custom suit made and they asked if I wanted any "room to grow," "No. Tight."

Regret that now, but I still appreciate the confidence.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 09:14:49 AM »
Also loved the fitness talk

Offline wcmullins

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2023, 11:52:51 PM »
Enjoyed the fitness talk as well. I just wanted to add avoid drinking calories such as pop, beer, milk. Doing something everyday even if it's small is a great place to start. Stress increases cortisol and makes you want to put on weight. My heaviest was 230 and currently 190. I was so proud when I got to 180 that I started going to taco bell again. It's amazing how easy it is to put back.

For every lb you lose you take roughly 4 pounds of pressure off your knees. So a 5 lb lost while seeming small can have profound effects. Getting regular good sleep is great too.