Author Topic: Zelda U delayed to 2016. Won't be at E3 either.  (Read 23378 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Zelda U delayed to 2016. Won't be at E3 either.
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:18:19 PM »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:33:20 PM by Phil »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda U delayed to 2016. Won't be at E3 either.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:24:39 PM »
Please understand?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »
How do you get the no E3 part? He just says delayed in the video but doesn't say there will be no footage shown at E3.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
Added that forgotten bit in.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:30:21 PM »
After making a somewhat rational post about this in the news thread, I feel it's time to express myself more clearly.

Nintendo. What. Are. You. Doing.

You clearly have your sights set on becoming a larger company, there's no doubt about that. However, that means NOTHING to me as a fan of video games and if anything, it shows no dedication from you. Hell, the Wii U in itself shows no dedication or understanding of the current industry, in my opinion. I wasn't too keen on this game releasing in 2015 simply because of- well, I don't know, how about the last two Zelda titles- but DAMN IT, why the hell would you show a game this early and then leave people in the dark for a whole damn year? Because I'm not fucking stupid, I know that you're going to wait until E3 2016 to show this game off. But that means the entire year has essentially been ruined. Mario Maker is a novel idea but if I wanted competent Mario levels I wouldn't trust the Wii U player-base to create them. Splatoon is a weird anomaly that will die because it's an online game on Wii U. XCX is all great and good, but this will be the third time we've heard about it at E3?

I have told many people that, despite owning a Wii U since Christmas 2012, I cannot recommend the system in good faith until the end of 2015, when many titles like those mentioned above were already on the system. And yes, Zelda was a huge part of that statement. The library sucks, you have done NOTHING to make the situation better, instead churning out half-baked titles at a lower price point as some sort of apology for the lack of third party support when they feel lazier than those games in particular.

Until you convince me that you're actually putting effort into providing games of quality out of the gate, I refuse to buy another console from you.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:00:46 PM »
Are people really going to lose their **** over the most obvious news of the year?  This game was never going to be released this year. C'mon.

Star Fox and Animal Crossing Wii U for Holiday 2015. Steady yer mammaries everyone.

I have told many people that, despite owning a Wii U since Christmas 2012, I cannot recommend the system in good faith until the end of 2015, when many titles like those mentioned above were already on the system.

The Wii U is already worth buying now.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:04:26 PM »
Anyone who thought this game was actually going to come out this year was crazy, but the lack of an E3 showing is surprising. Gotta wonder about the exact reasoning behind that decision.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 08:10:03 PM »
Anyone who thought this game was actually going to come out this year was crazy, but the lack of an E3 showing is surprising. Gotta wonder about the exact reasoning behind that decision.

Aside from Animal Crossing, Nintendo has no more top selling bullets left in the holster. If ZeldaU wasn't coming out this holiday season, it's getting delayed till the following Holiday season. The game doesn't need 2 E3 cycles.

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 08:14:38 PM »
When's the last time a console Zelda didn't take (at least) 2 E3 cycles? They can't get these out on time if their life depended on it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 08:20:29 PM »
When's the last time a console Zelda didn't take (at least) 2 E3 cycles? They can't get these out on time if their life depended on it.

I'd rather Nintendo's 2015 E3 presentation focus on games that are coming out this year.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 08:25:36 PM »
Whatever.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 08:43:55 PM »
And what's stopping them from throwing together a quick fizzle trailer?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:32 PM »
Are people really going to lose their **** over the most obvious news of the year?  This game was never going to be released this year. C'mon.

Star Fox and Animal Crossing Wii U for Holiday 2015. Steady yer mammaries everyone.

I have told many people that, despite owning a Wii U since Christmas 2012, I cannot recommend the system in good faith until the end of 2015, when many titles like those mentioned above were already on the system.

This is so untrue it's not even a joke.

And dammit if Animal Crossing is Nintendo's replacement for a decent core title this year I am disappointed. I would like AT LEAST two non-casually-oriented titles from them this year but that's asking too much of a company that said "we want to satisfy current Wii U owners" rather than giving us bullshit life-sims.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 08:59:07 PM »

And dammit if Animal Crossing is Nintendo's replacement for a decent core title this year I am disappointed. I would like AT LEAST two non-casually-oriented titles from them this year but that's asking too much of a company that said "we want to satisfy current Wii U owners" rather than giving us bullshit life-sims.

Xenoblade Chronicles X?
Devil's Third?
Star Fox?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 09:18:16 PM »
Hey, remember the last time Nintendo's big console Christmas release was mostly an Animal Crossing game?

That certainly turned out well, didn't it?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 09:50:09 PM »
If Nintendo can't release games on a regular basis they should start outsourcing thier games out. The greater of the two evils of worrying about if other people are competent enough to make Nintendo's games or there not being games is the latter.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »
Called it from day 1 :).  I think it would have been more shocking "news" if it was released on time.

Still that's going leave a HUGE gap to fill at e3 and I doubt third parties are lining up to play that role.  Retro Studios is about the only thing that can save E3 for Nintendo this year.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 10:07:59 PM »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 10:10:37 PM »
When Sony delayed Uncharted 4, Nintendo couldn't just stand by and let it go unanswered!

INB4 Microsoft delays Halo 5.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »
XCX is the only Nintendo IP that constitutes as a core game. Devil's Third is exciting but it's "second party" and not-recognizable, not to mention multiplayer focused so it's dead on arrival.

I'm going to come out and say it right now for all the people who know it's true. Starfox was never good and will likely be either episodic or another 40 dollar game.

The fact is, Nintendo makes high-quality titles, and many other developers make decent ones. Is it wrong to want a core-focused, mature idea from them? They seem more focused on attracting a casual audience nowadays and that's disappointing. But instead of trying to muster some variety in their IP, they fall back on the same easy and tired concepts. I'm glad we're getting a game like Devil's Third but that doesn't mean it won't flop. Nintendo needs to take steps to diversify their offerings.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 10:21:52 PM »
its not that people are surprised its people are dismayed it is still happening and they haven't learned their lesson or improved thier pipeline.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Online NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 10:42:36 PM »
They have, and that's why even without Zelda there are several games already lined up and likely one or two more announced at E3. Most likely because they knew from the beginning that Zelda wasn't going to hit that mark.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »
Besides Pikmin 3 and Tropical Freeze, what other Nintendo published Wii U game has been significantly delayed?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »

Can't beat that argument. lol

Yes, the Wii U has more than enough games to make it worth a purchase, and the majority of them are of the utmost quality. You seem very angry, which seems to be blinding you, imo.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »
Besides Pikmin 3 and Tropical Freeze, what other Nintendo published Wii U game has been significantly delayed?

Tropical Freeze wasn't a "We need more time" delay, it was a "Oh crap, we've got nothing until May" delay.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.