Poll

How many games should Season 4 of Safe Words consist of?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
Q
1 (10%)
I was told there would be no voting. What is this? Mafia?
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 02, 2022, 11:03:31 AM

Author Topic: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Series Finale)  (Read 36550 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 5)
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2022, 12:22:30 PM »
The stage is set and we now begin our next round of questioning by asking ShyGuy, which streaming service has the best selection?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 4)
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2022, 03:05:49 PM »
Let's go YouTube!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2022, 04:54:40 PM »
With over 800 million videos streaming from 37 million channels, it is pretty safe to say that YouTube offers ShyGuy the best selection.

Back to the top of the list to hear from Order.RSS. Which streaming service do you think has the best selection?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2022, 07:19:15 PM »
Oof, lotta people canceling their subs. Hope these services can roll with the punches, while i roll with the crunches.

CrunchyRoll it is!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2022, 09:16:12 PM »
Wow, someone being forced to choose their own bomb word this early on is just plain bad luck! And so is a one-in-eight bomb, what a crazy game!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2022, 09:57:51 PM »
Very little is known about Chūmon's past, even by himself. Chūmon never even met his own parents, which might have been what contributed to his mysterious nature. Whatever the causes he was known for strong business acumen and despising organized crime. His previous job at Netflix had led to some serious scandals so he fled to Japan to escape the ensuing opprobrium. There he quickly landed a job at Crunchyroll and was instrumental in the rise of anime in the west.

It was at Crunchyroll that Chūmon met Sakura and despite her obvious flirtations, Chūmon remained oblivious. She tried to explain to Chūmon that the Yakuza had always played a part in the business and would not allow outsiders to intervene with the existing agreements in place. Whether Chūmon was oblivious to this or just obstinate from his disdain for the mafia was unclear, but Sakura's portentous warnings became all too real.
Rui was second in command at the Yakuza for quite some time. Many suspected he could be in charge but remained a number 2 so he could "take out" anyone getting in there way, as if he enjoyed doling out punishment. Rui's bloodlust was always in sharp contrast with his penchant for a clean suit, almost always a green one. You might even say Rui was a gangsta and call him Rui-G, but of course that might be a little too obvious.

The fateful confrontation of Rui and Chūmon began in the typical mobster threatens legitimate businessman fashion. It is hard to say who cast the first attack, but by the time Sakura entered the two were already at each other's throats. Chūmon tore off his shirt and launched a powerful jump kick as he yelled "super...ninja...lion...KICK!". As Sakura fawned over Chūmon's perfect abs, Rui countered with his standard magical fire attack, screaming "fire...flower...power...Rui-G TIME!". While Chūmon was being bombarded with fireballs, Sakura added insult to injury, slapping him for not seeing how obvious it was to just duck the fire attack.
Chūmon eventually found a break in the onslaught to power up his own magic attack, which for some reason he felt compelled to be accompanied with the following exposition "I will now use my secret dark past magical powers to create a wormhole to bend time and space and reverse the gravitational flow of your own fire back on you". And surprisingly, he did. With the fireballs now hitting Rui he started to feel quite small (figuratively of course, it's not like someone would shrink in size when getting attacked). Feeling the need to be invincible, Rui shouted "okey...dokey...super..STAR" and suddenly his green suit faded through the whole rainbow sequence. As he smoothed out his mustache with his hand and smirked, he charged straight for Chūmon. Chūmon somehow matched Rui's invicibility and invoked super speed. Rui matched Chūmon's super speed and started vacuuming up ghosts to unleash on Chūmon. Chūmon responded to the ghosts by summoning a hoard of zombies. Back and forth the battle raged for what seemed like forever.

Just before everyone hearing the story lost interest and skipped to the end Chūmon had a very emotional flashback...
Chūmon was just a child and he was at the beach....building a sandcastle...but who were these people with him...it was Chūmon's parents...but they were not relaxing like the other families...they were in a serious conversation with...Yakuza!...Chūmon's parents were Yakuza...was this why he could not remember them...was this why he hated the Yakuza so much
This new knowledge made it all to clear to Chūmon what needed to be done. If he was going to win this battle, he would need to become the very thing he despised, he would need to become as ruthless as the Yakuza. Very quickly Chūmon had Rui down with a knife to his throat and it seemed like it was all over. But suddenly Rui remembered his secret forgotten power...to jump weird and flutter his legs. As he sprang up he yelled "RUI-G...NUMBER...ONE!!!" his legs akimbo, knocking Chūmon's knife back into his own head. Sakura cried for a few minutes, but then fell in love with Rui as they rode off into the Tokyo sunset.

Stay tuned for Season 6...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 10:12:49 PM by Bungle4 »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Safe.TV Words+ 19 (Season 6)
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2022, 10:15:43 PM »
Our next question for the panel is: Which streaming service has the best exclusives?
Starring, in order of appearance, Khushrenada

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2022, 11:44:33 PM »
Dang! Things have gotten intense all of sudden. This is kind of the halfway / midpoint round.

Well, let's see. ShyGuy has selected the bomb word this round. What might he have done? He's selected YouTube both times he had to choose a safe word. Would he now make his safe choice a deadly choice....?

Meanwhile, I've ended up selecting Peacock twice. Would he select that in the hopes I'd select it again and thus eliminate another player?

When I did a random number generated selection, it came up with Paramount+ but Insanolord chose that before so it just feels tainted. Normally I'd avoid anything he's doing but (and I can't believe I'm saying this) the dude just won a game after finishing second the previous game so maybe I should be thinking like Insanolord. I mean, somehow the Oilers are winning in the NHL playoffs so nothing's really making sense these days.

What to do, what to do.....

Amazon Prime Video it is. If I've outwitted myself into a bomb word then this game is clearly broken because Insanolord is succeeding at it and somehow I'm not!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2022, 11:55:14 PM »
While it is safe to say nobody is raving about Bosch, Amazon Prime Video has plenty of great exclusives like Upload, The Boys, and Undone to keep Khushrenada on a couch trip.

...and now a word from our sponsors....NWR_insanolord, which streaming service would you say has the best exclusives?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2022, 12:12:59 AM »
Once again I guess I'll go with the last one I used, even if I'm probably canceling it soon, in Peacock.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2022, 12:20:03 AM »
it is safe to ... keep Khushrenada on a couch trip.

Once again I guess I'll go with the last one I used, even if I'm probably canceling it soon, in Peacock.

That's not the last one you used. You used Hulu last time but that's gone from the choices now and Paramount + is the only other one you used before that. What kind of game are you playing here?  :o

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2022, 12:31:01 AM »
I meant it's the last one I used in real life, earlier today.

J.P. Corbran

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2022, 12:39:03 AM »
In the summer of 2024 NWR_insanolord will be watching exclusive coverage of the Olympics on Peacock from the safety of his living room.

Also starring Mop it up as which streaming service has the best exclusives?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2022, 12:47:08 AM »

Yikes! How many streaming services do you subscribe to?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2022, 01:38:59 AM »

Probably too many, but at least it's helping me in this game!

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2022, 02:30:12 AM »
Why are we such opposites?  :D

So, what do you think ShyGuy selected as the bomb word this round? We're safe now. We can speculate without fear. It's the other players still to select that will have to deal with any paranoia our conversation may have. :evil;

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2022, 02:31:12 AM »

Probably too many, but at least it's helping me in this game!

Going with what you last watched IRL and not advertising it is a good strategy.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2022, 03:38:35 AM »
Shoulda known the Crunchy-Funimation merger wouldn't benefit us, the poor ol' multi-media consumers! >:(

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2022, 04:42:33 PM »
Paramount+ because I barely know what it is!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2022, 05:20:26 PM »
Apparently it was not safe to re-brand CBS all-access as Paramount+, but Mop it up is hanging out with her Trekkie friends watching exclusive shows like Star Trek: Below Decks, and Star Trek: Prodigy.

From the people who brought you MASB, comes which streaming service has the best exclusives?

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2022, 08:24:37 AM »
Can't say I'm a big fan of Apple. When you have to buy a mouse for your new computer because the one that comes with it is garbage (garbagé in French), you have to look askance at such a company. But I found out that Apple TV has my classic 1969 western comedy Support Your Local Sheriff. Nothing like a laughfest to make you forget about all the unnecessary money you're throwing away! Time to take a bite of the Apple!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2022, 10:19:05 AM »
MASB is feeling safe being the Sheriff in a classic western. Also, Severance might be interesting enough to get Bungle4 to bite that Apple.

All eyes are on Luigi Dude for the final answer to our question "Which streaming service has the best exclusives".

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2022, 10:35:01 AM »
With all those e-girls to drain me of my money it's got to be Twitch.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2022, 02:44:17 PM »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »
The rise and fall of Youtuber ShyGuy

A staple of NWR for years, ShyGuy launched a YouTube account when forum activity was in its heyday. Since everyone loves a shy guy, there was a groundswell of support for his self-effacing vlogs. Unfortunately, the pressure for increasing views, likes, and subs that all content creators face led to a series of videos that dragged ShyGuy’s magnanimous persona down to the dredges of troll culture. The first misstep occurred when ShyGuy staged a set of hilarious but cruel pranks on his buddy Khushrenada.
Folks here know that Khush’s dedication to the forums is solid, but not something you would win an award for. Khush on the other hand was willing to believe such recognition was deserved when the camera crews arrived at his home with an over sized check for his ersatz “Best Poster†award.

The joke seemed to go over so well, ShyGuy continued to do the same thing year after year. Since Khushrenada never visited YouTube he didn’t ever catch on that it was a prank, leading to cries of cruelty from Khush sympathizers, but a ratings bump from the more plentiful internet haters.
ShyGuy’s next peccadillo turned his sights toward fellow mod NWR_insanolord. In a series of mock exposes, ShyGuy laid out significant accusations of abuse of power. The improprieties included tampering with polls, tampering with user scores, and even creating dupe accounts.
Such serious aspersions were not taken lightly by the administration and the ensuing debacle left insanolord’s reputation scarred, but ShyGuy’s ratings barreled on to the big leagues. With a fanbase that now grew to the larger Nintendo community, ShyGuy appealed to rabid loyalists by promulgating the gaslighting of anyone found to be using secondary consoles. Singled out by chance, Mop it up was suddenly bombarded with hate mail and s*** posting for her occasional use of a Microsoft console (to protect Mop’s privacy we will not mention the specific console here).

Despite most gamers being agnostic in their brand loyalty, the fervor of internet cruelty dominated the discourse surrounding the issue. As Mop it up recluded from online communities, ShyGuy’s subscribers rallied in numbers. With so many bridges burned in the NWR community, ShyGuy took aim at Hollywood, hoping to strike it big with his next video.

In 2014, legendary actor James Garner suffered a heart attack in his Los Angeles home. Hoping to capitalize on this tragedy, team ShyGuy snuck into Garner’s home and filmed the recently deceased actor. The backlash from Garner’s friends was swift with Sally Field quoted as saying “My heart just broke. There are few people on this planet I have adored as much as Jimmy Garner. I cherish every moment I spent with him and relive them over and over in my head. He was a diamond and ShyGuy is a lump of coal."  Somehow this boondoggle was still not capable of bringing down an internet sensation, but as they say “the shyer the guy, the harder they fallâ€. ShyGuy now had a sub count in the millions and the accompanying sponsorship made him feel invincible. This false sense of security must have compelled him to make his final video. Going back to his pranking roots, ShyGuy upped the ante to stage a “truth bombingâ€. Leading up to the incident, hype content advertised a monumental leak was forthcoming. While the actual video has since been removed, the big reveal is now well known, though its veracity is still debated.

In the video, ShyGuy posited that Nintendo’s lovable character Luigi was actually just Mario in a green suit. While the dubious claim would merely create chaos on nintendo forums, the ceremonial explosion of a Luigi effigy that accompanied it led to ShyGuys criminal persecution and subsequent banning of his YouTube account. Within a day, ShyGuy went from millions of followers to a single cell mate.

Fortunately, his incarceration allows for limited internet use, unfortunately the only allowed site is nintendoworldreport.com. We find it best to limit YouTube use for the remainder of this panel. Other panelists can look forward to season 7 coming this spring...