Author Topic: I can't see the site  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I can't see the site
« on: February 24, 2003, 08:52:56 AM »
I try to load the main page and I get nothing.  It has been happening for a few days now. I run IE 6 on Windows XP via a 56k connection, if any of that helps.  

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I can't see the site
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 09:13:41 AM »
We haven't changed anything in the past couple of days, so I couldn't tell you what your problem might be.  And if you can see the Forums, but not the site ... well, they're both running on the same server with the same software and same backend, so I'm thinking you just aren't being patient and waiting for the site to finish loading.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
I can't see the site
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 07:07:57 AM »
IE claims there is no  more loading to do, I thought that was the problem at first.  I guess I will just download Phoenix again.

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I can't see the site
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 07:26:43 AM »
IE, when using it's DEFAULT settings, has no problem loading the site.  The only time I've ever seen people have problems viewing the site are when they've changed their settings from the defaults.  I'd suggest using the "restore defaults" button on the Advanced Settings tab in IE and make sure you haven't changed something you shouldn't have.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
I can't see the site
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 07:43:37 AM »
Well, I did the restore defaults, and no dice.  I just built this rig about 5 days ago and have few updates,   perhaps causing the problem.  I downloaded Phoenix and the site loads quickly and perfectly, as well as other sites that were problematic.