Author Topic: Nintendo Nexus - Nintendo's Next Console???  (Read 8393 times)

Offline StarBlue

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo Nexus - Nintendo's Next Console???
« on: February 05, 2003, 08:08:05 AM »
Hey All,

I was out wondering around a few forum's on the net and found some cool pictures.  I am fairly safe in saying that these are FAKE, if you don't belive me then I have some Enron stock I will sell you.  I saw them on Amazon's Gamers Forum and GameSpot's Forum, so far nobody is taking credit.

StarBlue

Another thread's already been shut down for the same bandwidth theft.  Read the rules please.
-Bloodworth

Offline epicac

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 08:24:57 AM »
The techincal specs are impressive, heh. The photoshopper seems to have crossed a Cube with the N64. Looks nice. The faker also kept the 3 inch discs, which is surprising. Is the "Blue Ray" technology he (or she) claims real or made-up? I wouldn't be surprised if next-gen discs hold 12 Gigs, even at 3 inches.  

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 08:38:54 AM »
The blue ray tech is real.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 02:17:30 PM »
Of course its real www.blu-ray.com

It's blu-ray, by the way.

Offline Clonester

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 04:02:33 PM »
Holy geez I just crapped my pants looking at that picture!!!!!!!!!!!

*(Someone walks up to me, slaps me in the head and tells me to wake up, telling me this is fake)*

Someone should e-mail this to Nintendo, and tell them to make it or else

This console would kick some serious a$$!!!!!! If I were Nintendo, I would model their next console exactly (as close as possible) like this. Not just the specs, but the design kicks also. It would ceratinly be powerful, and it would look powerful as well. It may be priced the same as competing consoles, and some may be wary of the price (since their would not be a low-cost console), but that hasn't stopped people from snatching up PS2's in every known place.  
Most Favourite Game Of All Time: Chrono Trigger

Nick Frizzell- Gamecube Heaven Preview Writer
www.gamecubeheaven.tk

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 04:38:27 AM »
"Sean Ozz" emailed Nintendo of America about this, snd you can read the reply on this same thread on the old PGC forums.

I too crapped my pants when I saw the pic on IGN's N-Query.
I mean, HOLY S**T! Can it be any cooler? Nexus is such a cool name. Better than anything Nintendo themselves have ever come up with. I mean, ULTRA 64? Serious? It was soo much better as Nintendo 64. And look how cool it is! Those blue lights just top the cake (for next-gen Wavebirds no doubt), and those curves, oh man! Like someone said, it IS a marriage between the N64 and Gamecube. Now all we need is a picture of the controller. Miyamoto-san!

And then, in typical fashion, Nintendo dismisses the rumours, and happily announces the TRUE successor, the GameSphere. The next generation in gaming, it reacts to your stress levels and rolls away to avoid being hit by angry feet, circuit-crushing controllers, stray punches, and flying friends.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2003, 03:01:04 PM »
a few things nintendo needs in their next console to win the next console wars......

1. backward compatibility with everything.....memory cards, controllers, games

2. make all controllers wireless and with a rumble feature

3. launch the console with a mario title/zelda/mario kart online/pokemon online/and new franchise

4. get 3rd party support for a wider variety of games

5. launch alongside the ps3 and xbox2

6. and i think the last, but not least most important thing for nintendo to do is advertise well and shake their kiddy image.......

if they could some how get square to release a game close to launch......whatever it is, they need a "mature" exclusive at its consoles launch.

edit:

7. also if nintendo could implement the blue ray technology into their console they could have enought space for the new generation of games and still use the mini disc format......

8. make a bigger memory card

9. have everything built in....like broadband adapters or hard drive....whatever else that may be appicable for the next generation

10. more accesories avalible sooner line a nintendo made wireless keyboard or gun

if nintendo could do stuff like this it would show gamers that they are serious about being back on top and i think sales would definitely reflect that....but of course i am not a business expert, but if nintendo could do just 7 out of these 10 they would be set.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2003, 03:12:06 PM »
Aren't those Blu-Ray discs being made by Sony, though? It'd be pretty interesting if they let their biggest competitor in videogames use their own technology.

::EDIT::
Interesting- apparently it's not just Sony but 9 companies that got together to make the technology: Hitachi, LG Electronics, Matsushita, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and Thomson.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2003, 03:17:59 PM »
that is true, and i am not familiar if sony owns the rights to that technology and how it all works, but i assumed they didnt. i mean hasnt sony will soon release the first products that use the blue ray technology. nintendo should just go take it and put it in there own console.....
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 03:14:28 AM »
There are alturnatives to blu-ray. Nintendo could fund and adopt one of the more experimental discs from some other company, rather than run the risk of getting blackmailed by a competitor.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 10:03:49 AM »

2. make all controllers wireless and with a rumble feature
I'm sure Nintendo is playing with this idea, but that would seriously eat up some batteries.

5. launch alongside the ps3 and xbox2
Apparently GC2 (temporary name obviously) is already being planned to release ahead of xbox2 and maybe only a couple months behind ps3.

8. make a bigger memory card
I have some 14 games and a memory card 251 which holds them all with some space to spare.
I'm not saying your points are bad, in fact I agree with most of them, I just wanted to point out my thoughts.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 10:44:07 AM »
Odd- I have some 16 Gamecube games but I can't fit them all on a memory card 251 since it has file restrictions. In any case, I think a hard drive is a better route, with memory cards available if you want to take saved data over to a friend's house or something.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline dmcollin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2003, 08:05:02 PM »
I don't think nintendo will use the blu-ray, it will be way too expensive at first.  Anyways blue laser disk format was supposed to happen a long time ago but problems have been plaguing the whole thing.  They are really expensive and anyways why would nintendo want 49 gigs of optical storage.  You won't see a blu-ray for quite some time still.
Personally i think nintendo will go with modified dvd format, probably 5" but in a similar fashion as the gc to prevent pirating, maybe up to 3 layers?  My personal guess about the specs will be that since n is using ati again you will see probably the next gen after radeon 9800 modified graphics chip inplanted into a ati chipset.  I think nintendo would be smart in using intel new centrino platform.  Built in ethernet for lan and internet, and bluetooth controllers (nintendo has been working with blue tooth for supposed next wavebird?), maybe built in wireless 802.11b.  Since ibm is co-developing sony's next cpu, intel or amd for the cpu (2 gig) with atleast 256 ofDDR 400 in dual channel.  Oh yeah an hd is almost a sure thing.
Who knows though i could be completely wrong.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2003, 05:12:01 PM »
Link please.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA