Author Topic: The Mo/Blox series: The best IP to come from the eShop  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
The Mo/Blox series: The best IP to come from the eShop
« on: May 18, 2015, 01:11:10 AM »
So having downloaded Stretchmo or whatever they're calling it in Europe, I was genuinely surprised and delighted to see that the Mo/Blox series hasn't grown stale in terms of new mechanics and originality. I haven't made a solid purchase for Stretchmo yet, but the new mechanics are so novel I am seriously considering slapping down the full price for it.

In terms of each individual game, I was wondering what everyone thought about the series. The only entry I've missed out on has been Pushmo World, because it seemed like too lazy a rehash of ideas, but Stretchmo has shown me this block puzzle platformer still has life in it. I'll post my own opinions, of course, but if like to open the subject to anyone.

I'll also say that I'm baffled by the remarks of over-tutorialized material in these games, because while the beginning does have a bit I dialogue it's never so aggravating that it ruins the games for me. Maybe I'm just a patient gamer.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: The Mo/Blox series: The best IP to come from the eShop
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »
tl;dr.

No, that's just a joke about you being a patient gamer. Get it? I went "tl;dr" because I was impatient? Man, I slay me.

Anyway, I downloaded the free start to play version, but haven't invested any time with it yet. I'm still addicted to Pokemon Rumble World at the moment. However, Stretchmo is definitely going to be the eShop game I turn to next. Which level packs have you enjoyed the most, Evan_B, if you've played any of them that is?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:44:45 PM »
For someone who hated pushmo hearing that they made another fucking one of these games is getting pretty stale.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 10:48:44 PM »

I like Gunman Clive "series" more, but Pushmo is pretty cool too. Very inventive puzzle mechanics.

I still have yet to finish the first game though...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 01:10:44 AM »
While I appreciate Stretchmo's mechanics and I think it adds a lot to the gameplay, Crashmo is the biggest departure from the original and I really love how that game works.

As for different playgrounds, Corin's is the most interesting because of its enemies and gizmos. Papa Blox is always good for some 8-bit fun.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
What gets me is that I totally expected this to be a one-off puzzle game.

Not sure which is more amazing: that Mo/Blox has become an actual series, or the exceptional quality of every game in the series.
NNID: ejamer