Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1162630 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Yes they are.

Is it a good story?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile

Wait a minute...are they doing the Purple Man story with Jessica Jones?

YES ::evil smirk::

Yes they are.

Is it a good story?

It's definitely dark and twisted from the parts of it i've been told about. Never read it though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Who is HYPED for this movie!?

my HYPE meter is just not registering anything..... is it broken?

...or just a delayed reaction!?

could be a delayed reaction.....

http://www.latino-review.com/news/hot-rumor-guess-who-might-be-referenced-in-marvels-ant-man
**RUMOR**
The next scheduled release in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is July's Ant-Man starring Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly and Corey Stoll. Director Peyton Reed stepped in for Edgar Wright, who had written a script for Ant-Man before the MCU was a reality. In between Edgar Wright's departure and Ant-Man's production, several drafts of the script were written by writers like Adam McKay, Paul Rudd,  Gabriel Ferrari, and Andrew Barrer. Apparently tweaks and re-writes went on longer than we knew about, because Ant-Man will have the first Spider-Man easer eggs of the MCU.

We've heard an unconfirmed rumor there is "lots of" talk of/references to Spider-Man and OsCorp in the current version of Ant-Man.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
And here is something AWESOME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGiYqCrdF6I

Avenger Pancakes

then stick around for the Game of Throne DeathCakes (S1-4 SPOILERS)

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile

Wait a minute...are they doing the Purple Man story with Jessica Jones?

YES ::evil smirk::

Yes they are.

Is it a good story?

It's definitely dark and twisted from the parts of it i've been told about. Never read it though.

Wow! This story will make Daredevil look PG in some areas. I like it! I'm glad Marvel is not pulling any punches with Netflix.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Too bad Purple Man became a recurring gag after how strongly he was written in alais.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I think there are ways you make the Purple Man less dark and risque...many of his crimes could be mentioned but not shown. 

I do think this is a great villain for this show.  There is nothing worse than the feeling of helplessness and lack of control.  I think this is a fear for everyone, but it is perhaps a bigger fear for women, and if you add to that the idea of a man forcing his will it can be quite scary...but it needs to be subtle. 

Obviously, people would immediately think rape, but there are more subtle almost more evil things you can do.  Force one to hurt a loved one.  Turn your must trusted and loved people against you.  Make you doubt yourself and your emotions feelings.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Eh I wouldn't excatly call mind control more evil though it can be just as damaging.

Will be interesting to see where they take purple man as Alais made a note to say he never actually raped Jones but controlled her and made her watch him rape other women. Obviously this was done in the comic to keep the rating at Mature and the fact that Jones was underaged at the time which would have been a big no. Everything else about purple man and his obsession with her would mean. He would go all the way. This is a Jones who when dressing up as Jewel would have been mid twenties.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com

Eh I wouldn't excatly call mind control more evil though it can be just as damaging.

Will be interesting to see where they take purple man as Alais made a note to say he never actually raped Jones but controlled her and made her watch him rape other women. Obviously this was done in the comic to keep the rating at Mature and the fact that Jones was underaged at the time which would have been a big no. Everything else about purple man and his obsession with her would mean. He would go all the way. This is a Jones who when dressing up as Jewel would have been mid twenties.

This is kinda my point.  Yes, you could go make himself hurt and violate the main hero in such a dark and twisted way.  Or you can emotionally twist and abuse them in a more subtle way for the audience and the hero...which could in many respects be just as damaging, or dark.  Forcing someone that watch someone else get hurt...or making a loved one hurt you...or forcing you to defend yourself against a loved one...or even you hurting/killing a loved one.  There is something soul crushing about that kind of helplessness.  If you force yourself on someone you are imposing your will and self to destroy or hurt them. 

Mind Control/manipulation takes that an extra step by making you violate yourself and that is much darker...and is something that can be showed carefully and slowly in a show and not become too graphic.  It is something that requires real skill and a subtle hand to make it not cheesy, but it work.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Mack and Lincoln have both been upgraded to regular characters for AOS Season 3. Although in Mack's case he was a guest star for well over half the season so its just a formality at this point.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Cool. I knew Lincoln had made Regular status, but I'm actually happy that Mack got the upgrade.
should've happened sooner.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
[Ant-Man]

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:27:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Leaked Captain America 3: Civil War video from India Comic Con

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0_x5bqospk

Leaked The Incredible Hulk 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-41R0WvYSQ&feature=iv&src_vid=n0_x5bqospk&annotation_id=annotation_1991461463

Now I got a feeling the Hulk one is fan made...What do you guys think?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The Hulk on has to be fake.  There are no plans for the Hulk to have a movie in 2017. 
The Captain America 3 one also looks fishy to me. 

It felt like a video game, not a movie.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I finished Daredevil, it was pretty good! The final costume needs some work.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Shane from the Walking Dead is the Punisher in Daredevil season 2.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Adding the Punisher to season 2 is a great idea.  If you do the Punisher and Electra in the same season, you might not need a season 3, and you basically have at least 2 main story arcs to build out from.

I am hoping for Civil War to consider making reference to Dare Devil, and I am hoping that Punisher shows up in the movie.  He seems like an excellent wild card character. 

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I thought that was just a suggestion but it's true! Kick ass!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
He's got the face for it. It looks like John Romita Jr. drew him.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Really every actor that Marvel has used for The Punisher has been perfectly cast (Dolph Lundgren, Thomas Jane, Ray Stevenson and now Jon Bernthal). The problem has always been the script.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Shane from the Walking Dead is the Punisher in Daredevil season 2.

Awesome news. Figured Punisher would appear in the Netflix series somewhere.

Adding the Punisher to season 2 is a great idea.  If you do the Punisher and Electra in the same season, you might not need a season 3, and you basically have at least 2 main story arcs to build out from.

I am hoping for Civil War to consider making reference to Dare Devil, and I am hoping that Punisher shows up in the movie.  He seems like an excellent wild card character. 

I'm hoping AoS makes reference long before Civil War gets around to it.

I finished Daredevil, it was pretty good! The final costume needs some work.

Not only the final costume, but that whole final fight needed some work.

Hopefully the new show runners fix that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Daredevil is going to be my first binge watch once finals are done this week. Nice to see how it will be branching out with Electra and Punisher.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I really like all those posters.  They are funny, playful, and pay tribute to what has come before.  Good marketing.