Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755159 times)

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1100 on: December 20, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
Double dipped on Liberation Maiden. The iOS version is on sale, I like the 3DS game and was interested enough to see how the controls work to pay £1.50. A sequel would be fun.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 22, 2013, 04:03:48 AM »
Went on a couple of thrift store runs this weekend:

Found Wing Commander II, priced at $10, the cashier messed up and rang it in for 99 cents. The box is pretty beat up, and doesn't come with anything other than the floppies, but for a buck I'm not really gonna argue. I can find the rest of that stuff later.

A few unopened PS1 games: Dead Ball Zone, Frogger 2, Missle Command, Courier Crisis, Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout, and then Space Jam and Gran Turismo 2, but those were already opened.

The only things I've gotten through the Steam Holiday sale so far are Monaco and Electronic Super Joy, the latter of which I've played a ton of. Beat the first three worlds and the bonus content, now I'm just going back and getting all the stars to unlock World 4.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 23, 2013, 05:47:23 PM »
Circle Pad Pro XL
I suppose I take back what I said to Chozo Ghost all those months ago when I said I'd never have one unless it was required by a game and/or it came with a game I wanted (as a bundle or something). The former is almost, kind of true since I had so much trouble playing Kid Icarus Uprising like a normal, right-handed person. The way I'm justifying this is that I'd rather buy the peripheral than waste a game I can't play without it. I'll post thoughts in a different thread. Now that I have a Circle Pad Pro XL, I really, really hope Monster Hunter 4 is localized. I want to play that with the ol' broski.

There was no actual box. The Circle Pad Pro XL came in a shipping box, wrapped in a sheet of padding. The manual said there was a battery included, but there wasn't (boo/hiss). Luckily, I had a new AAA battery just lying around. The plastic it's made out of feels a bit cheap, at least compared to the 3DS XL itself.

It's pretty comfortable though it takes a bit more effort to reach the start button due to my small, baby girl hands. I only tried it with Kid Icarus Uprising. The only other compatible game I own is Resident Evil: Revelaitons which I'll rarely play since I have the better Wii U version. I wish Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D got patched to work with it. Also, it would have been nice if the hardware would recognize the new right shoulder buttons even for games not designed for the right circle pad. Collectively, it's much more comfortable to hold with the Circle Pad Pro XL.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:44:50 AM by Adrock »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 23, 2013, 07:14:15 PM »
I'm probably going to make a point of buying a Circle Pad Pro XL in 2014 because I do fear it will be discontinued. I want it for the few games that support it. I will wait to see if MH4 will release with a CPPXL Bundle here and acquire it that way.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 23, 2013, 07:55:59 PM »
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Its already harder then the last Platformer I played.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1105 on: December 23, 2013, 11:38:36 PM »
Before some fat dude in a red suit SWIPED it from me, I bought Rayman Legends for $20. My "wait until they fall $40 because it should only be a few months" rule for Ubi games pays off once again.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 24, 2013, 02:02:01 AM »
I'm probably going to make a point of buying a Circle Pad Pro XL in 2014 because I do fear it will be discontinued. I want it for the few games that support it. I will wait to see if MH4 will release with a CPPXL Bundle here and acquire it that way.
I wouldn't worry about this any time soon. The Circle Pad Pro isn't region locked so Nintendo of America is just getting them straight from Japan and printing their own materials. Like I said, it doesn't even have its own packaging. With Monster Hunter 4 so unbelievably popular over there, I can't see the peripheral going anywhere. If Capcom manages to get Monster Hunter 5 on 3DS (and/or a few updates like PSP got), the Circle Pad Pro/XL will likely always be available.

I suppose if Nintendo released a new 3DS model with it built-in, that might change things. If nothing else, there should always be a way to play compatible games with the extra functionality.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 24, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »
Monster Hunter 4 will probably just be update a few times over the next year or two.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 24, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
Monster Hunter 4 will probably just be update a few times over the next year or two.

Selling millions each time?  Most likely...
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1109 on: December 24, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »
Went Boxing Day shopping on Christmas Eve for the first (and LAST, thank you very much) time ever - got a 64GB SD card for my 3DS that will bump my 2014 hardware buys down to 2 ($40) and Deus Ex WiiU ($20) as my 10th 3rd party WiiU game in the last two months.

Help.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: December 24, 2013, 10:11:32 PM »
Went Boxing Day shopping on Christmas Eve for the first (and LAST, thank you very much) time ever - got a 64GB SD card for my 3DS that will bump my 2014 hardware buys down to 2 ($40) and Deus Ex WiiU ($20) as my 10th 3rd party WiiU game in the last two months.

Help.

Seems like a great price for Deus Ex. I really don't need another game... but am very tempted to try to grab a copy from a nearby EB Games on Thursday morning.  Need to go look at my credit card bills some more to remember how broke I am.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 26, 2013, 02:16:45 AM »
CAVE STORY!!! <3 ;D ;D ;D

I just downloaded the freeware PC version since I've played the Wii and DSi versions and loved them.

Daisuke Amaya (Pixel) is a genius.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:19:19 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 26, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »
Picked up The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition during the sale.  Had a bit of trouble since the game won't work if you install it on a drive that is bigger than 2TB, so I had to reinstall to a different drive(only one of my drives is smaller than that).  I really dig the look of the game, and I wish Street Fighter and MvC would go back to that artstyle(at least once in a while).  Spent a bunch more money picking up things I skipped earlier, mostly indie stuff like Guacamelee.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 27, 2013, 08:04:12 PM »
Well... didn't really want to give in to the Boxing Day hype, but ended up buying Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) for $35 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Wii U) for $20.  Both games that I'm pretty comfortable grabbing at those prices, and rather excited to try playing.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 27, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
I picked up minecraft on my tablet along with the metroid prime trilogy

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 27, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »
... metroid prime trilogy

Such an awesome game (says the guy who hasn't played it all the way through yet).

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 28, 2013, 03:23:46 AM »
After realizing that people will actually pay real money for Steam Trading Cards, I unloaded all of them and traded them for Don't Starve and Assassin's Creed III for free. Didn't have all that much interest in either, but for free, sure, why not.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 28, 2013, 04:20:55 PM »
I picked up Memoria, a point-and-click style adventure game earlier during the Steam winter sale.  I was going to install it, but I found out it was a sequel to a game called The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav.  So, I looked that up, and Steam was offering it as a part of a package of adventure games for $30.  I picked that up, too.

Offline relewis2011

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 04, 2014, 07:36:13 AM »
Well, Target recently had a sale on 3DS XL's (including the Zelda and Mario & Luigi Special Editions) for $150, and my dad was fortunate to get Wal Mart to price match and snag the M&L Bundle for me!

I also managed to get a few things via trades from a site I trade games on (GameTZ):

-Batman: The Video Game (NES)
-Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64)- one my personal favorite games on the N64, and probably Top 5 SW games ever.
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (N64)- Sadly, I've never played this game, but have only heard great things.
-The Hobbit (GBA)- actually a very enjoyable Zelda LttP-type adventure game. Obviously not even remotely close to as good as LttP, in terms of graphics, music, gameplay and the like, but for what it is, I loved it when I originally played it upon release. Definitely worth looking into if you can find it on the cheap.
-Punch Out!! (Wii)- I've never played the original Punch Out on the NES, but I have of course heard good things. I've also heard that this reboot was spot on and exactly what the series needed, so I'm looking forward to maybe popping this in over break for a few matches with family.
-Tomb Raider 2013 (Xbox 360)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)- Loving this game to pieces right now!
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)- already pre-installed on the XL that I got! I missed out on Bower's Inside Story unfortunately on the DS. Superstar Saga is arguably my favorite game on the GBA, and while I was a bit disappointed with Partner's in Time, I have high hopes for DT!!!

...also grabbed two games from the recent Humble Bundle Winter sale:
-Gone Home ($6+ some change)
-Dust: An Elysian Tale ($3.75)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:38:40 AM by relewis2011 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 04, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »
The manual said there was a battery included, but there wasn't (boo/hiss).
I didn't get a battery either. I wonder if it'd be worthwhile to email Nintendo about it.

The plastic feels fine to me. Maybe it just has to do with the Pro being hollow, unlike the 3DS system which is packed full of innards that make it heavier and seem more solid.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 04, 2014, 04:17:40 PM »
I picked up a Final Fantasy I Wonderswan Color today while searching through the vendor booths at MAGFest, with game, still in the original box and with all the papers. The box itself is a little yellowed around the edges, and the inside flap is a bit creased, but other than that it's in pretty good condition. I intend to keep it that way, with it going right onto my shelf as soon as I get home.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 04, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »
It's not my most recent anymore, but the last big one for me was importing a 64 GB PlayStation Vita memory card. It hasn't gotten here yet, but I'm really looking forward to not having to clean out my fridge for at least a little while, although it's going to be a pain in the ass to move everything over.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 04, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
I picked up Assassins Creed 4 on Wii U when it dropped to $35 on Amazon a few days ago. This concludes any 'holiday window' purchasing I will make. I've budgeted enough game money to buy one $25-$35 game a month but I have to make adjustments for the big releases.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 04, 2014, 05:57:57 PM »
Space Station DF9

Yep, it's an alpha! It's buggy, not very well optimized and the gameplay is bare bones. Not much to do now other than build a station, see how big you can get it, quit or burn the fucker down. The AI in a lot of ways too stupid to live and you don't have any direct control over them other than assign roles and hope they do their job.

One really asinine thing that can happen right is that the bartenders who work the bar and cook meals can "deadlock" where all the bartenders are either waiting for another bartender to serve them a drink or cook them a meal instead doing the sane thing and mixing/cooking their own food. There is no warning when this happens, so by the time you notice it, somebody has staved to death. This can begin a death spiral where you have so many people waiting on food, even if you assign multiple extra bartenders, because the new bartenders have their own needs to be meet they don't bartend. That means no body is doing their job anymore, the oxygen machines break and everyone sucks the big vaccum as they run around in a blind panic or straight out of the airlock.

Should be pretty fun when they finish it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1124 on: January 04, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »
Chrono Cross! Playing Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes has recharged my love for this series, and I'll probably play Cross again in the next several months. For now, it goes in the collection.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!