Author Topic: Story Of Seasons To Speak Of A Trail Of Towns Next Year  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Story Of Seasons To Speak Of A Trail Of Towns Next Year
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:05:24 AM »

The friendly farm wars continue on the 3DS

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42804/story-of-seasons-to-speak-of-a-trail-of-towns-next-year

XSEED's E3 lineup has rounded out with an anticipated localization announcement.

The newest Story of Seasons/BokujŨ Monogatari title, known roughly in Japan as "Good Friends of Three Towns" was announced for a North American release today as Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. Releasing next year, the new farm simulation will set your farm in the middle of three towns and set you to exploring them to grow your farm.

Story of Seasons joins the previously announced Corpse Party remake, the physical version of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and the recently announced Exile's End in XSEED's Nintendo lineup for E3.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Story Of Seasons To Speak Of A Trail Of Towns Next Year
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 12:19:04 AM »
Bless XSeed. Giving the people more farming and more RPGs. But I am especially thankful for them giving Type Moon Lunatics an official release of Fate/Extella.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 01:59:42 AM »
Story of Seasons was the best Harvest Moon game in a long time, if not ever. I'm very excited to see what they do with the follow-up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 02:05:55 AM »
Reminds me that I need to get around to buying the first Story of Seasons. After only playing Rune Factories I'm feeling the need to get back to farming basics. I'm glad the series is still doing well after the split.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:07:00 AM »
Remind me again which one is the true, lineal successor to SNES Harvest Moon. Is it Story of Seasons?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 08:36:29 AM »
Yes, Story of Seasons is the successor.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 10:58:49 AM »
Actually, The Lost Valley has the better claim to being the true successor. Not only does Natsume own the rights to the name, but the game also stars Pete from the original game. Calling Story of Seasons the successor is like saying Mighty No. 9 is the next lineal Mega Man game.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 11:48:05 AM »
Story of Seasons is BokujŨ Monogatari in Japan just as all the other games before it, they just lost the rights to the name in the west. It's more like if Capcom lost the rights to the name Mega Man in the west and had to call Mega Man Legacy Collection, Rock Man Legacy Collection.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 01:59:25 PM »
That's a good way of putting it, TOPHATANT123. All Natsume did was localize the series for the west, they didn't make the games until Marvelous decided to start publishing the series in the west on their own. Story of Seasons is 100% the real successor to the older games.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent