Author Topic: Mafia L: Someone's Getting Fired (Day 7)  (Read 6237 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mafia L: Someone's Getting Fired (Day 7)
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:38 AM »
Who am I?  Where did I come from?  Where is here even?

"Hello Dasmos."
Is the man in white talking to me?

"You are less than I expected."
"Yes, less than he was,(so much less)."
"When I want your opinion I'll provide it for you."
Is there someone else here?  Maybe I'm suppose to talk with more voices.

"Lets hope that former rebellion was right."
The man in white roughly grabbed my arm and sprayed something on it.
I just knew the slick white plastic revealed was my real arm.

"He is indeed different but it seems the Mafia damaged him on his way here."
"I will call you Sas-Mo for now and you will come with me."
That was the day I started working for The Leader.

After depositing are newest most promising recruit I needed to scratch this Itch.

"This way, (Over Hear)"
As annoying as it was and how it muddled my normally keen senses, it did have its uses. 
I  follow its directions to an abandoned portion of town.  It was condemned, leveled during DESC construction, and now used to store spare equipment and parts plus materials.  Still their were sections that didn't get filled in that led to the vast mostly forgotten underground city.  This was where we were going.

"Its here, (We sense it.)"
Once I had found one of these entrances I pry it up and step inside.  It wasn't long till I came across what we were looking for.

"Noooo, (What a Waste and Disappointment.)"
Their at my feet was what could only be called the remains of an in interlaced Lizard-man missing a scan pass so, this is what remained of the so called RABicle.  I know that if I ran this so called Mafia after what I found tonight someone would be fired.

"This sport is no longer fun, (My time is Wasted.);The job is done,(There are better Places)"
With that it was gone.  Tonight wasn't a total lost; a new recruit, a possible location for a more permanent base, and that thing out of my head.  Why this was really a Meal to a Hobo Situation and the future was looking bright.

Congratulations Townies!  You have won Mafia L!
I hope you have enjoyed playing.  Over the next couple days we'll be having a retrospective.  I know their are questions and I purposely left some of those unanswered.  If you like to see how this game shaped up to this unexpected conclusion please join me tomorrow/ maybe today if I get my thoughts in order fast enough.

Just to expand on this a little more.  I'm going to stay out of the discussion in this thread today to let everyone talk before I start throwing in my host viewpoint in.  Even then I have a few questions I like to get some answers about before I totally spill everything.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:29:59 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia L: Someone's Getting Fired (Day 7)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:58:56 AM »
I'm so happy with this conclusion. My very last game I was kept alive the whole game and I won. In retrospective it is a very different ending from my first game where I died on the last day and lost the game. I'm glad to won as a townie again.In the end I think I did an pretty good job at the game. While the majority of the game the townies were relying on thatguy for investigations but I think it was the combined efforts of all the townies that won it.I ended up protecting thatguy on day 3. I'd imagine that once thatguy was out in the open we had to protect him. I think the way the game worked out it went well. We had a few confirmed townies early on that we could trust and that helped with the voting. I want to say too that I asked apdude to be searched along with two others and thatguy picked out apdude because it stood out to him.

Early on I was mainly doing  a 180 of what I would normally do as a townie. Mainly not sending out PMs unless someone contacted me, Doing the Roll playing which I admit was kinda fun, doing vendetta votes which didn't work out too well. Vudu and Nickmitch sorry about voting you out.

I had a few more Roll pictures I was going to post but didn't get a chance to.I'll post them later.

Great job all the townies.I'll look back on the days and comment on everybodies play later.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:32 AM »
Man I knew that Dasmos showing up right there wasn't a coincidence. And we were also right about RAB it would seem.

Hey, that's pretty cool. My second game and I've already won. Did you guys just keep me alive out of pity becuase of last game?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:59:18 AM by Silenced »

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:48 AM »
I kept you alive because that way I'd have someone to argue with.  If I could put out information that supports voting out a townie while defusing talk that points to a mafia member it works better then me just coming out and ranting to vote for some random person for no reason.  My downfall was due to my day 2 vote when I voted against the Mop it up lynch mob.  At that time I did not know she was mafia, I just wanted to appear that I didn't trust thatguy because I would look like a hypocrit if later I started accusing him of being mafia.  I probably should have chosen to take out thatguy when I had the madness, but I figuered the other mafia members would be going for him so it would be a waste, so I went after the only confirmed townie at the time.  Sorry Toru.  Anyway good job townies you even saw through my Rabicle vote.  I thought that might have bought him at least a day or two.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 01:33:54 PM »
Well you played innocent well, of course until thatguy blew a hole in your cover. I was wondering why you started to argue with me so much, but I was too absorbed in my Dasmos bandwagon for anything else. All of my other suspects were just inactive townies that were killed by The Madness or voted out, so Dasmos was my only lead. RAB I wasn't sure about. Looks like The Madness got to him.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:01 PM »
A few pictures I was going to use but didn't get a chance to.
First one is one where I had the Madness or if I died somehow.

This one I was going to use when I really didn't want to hear from someone anymore.Either because someone tricked me or that I was tired of the accusations against me.

This one was for when I had a plan and was feeling a little preachy.

I'll post about the rest of the players later.

Few questions to the Mafia...
Did you guys at any point know who everybody on your team was?
Was I right about how the two members were not voting and that was causing you to miss your hits?
Did the Mafia get any hits off before the attempt on thatguy?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
Few questions to the Mafia...
Did you guys at any point know who everybody on your team was?
Was I right about how the two members were not voting and that was causing you to miss your hits?
Did the Mafia get any hits off before the attempt on thatguy?
I wasn't going to say anything in here but, could you hold off an answering those Mafia?  I'm actually going to answer 2nd and 3rd question in the retrospective plus a lot of stuff.  The Retrospective will probably take 2 days at least because I plan to go through everything for the most part and answer questions.  Though I might as well get part of it started.  I was hoping I could get everyone to answer these questions about everyone who died.

<Name of Deceased>
Who kiled them: <Name>
Role: The Madness, Mafia, or Vote.
Did you realize they were dead by the: Story or just because the Status thread said so.

I also like the pics.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »
Maxi, I can only answer for myself.  I voted to place a hit on Stevey day 1.  I did this instead of no hit vote so just incase another mafia member voted against me I may have a chance surviving.  Ceric then put in the story of day 2 something to the tune of "Only one go getter"  which I read as I was the only one to put a hit in, so the others must not have been active or placed a no hit.  The second day I stuck with the stevey hit because I wasn't sure if thatguy or shyguy was up to something or actually the investigator.  That night I was told Rabicle was mafia, but he was MIA.  Day 3 I was the madness so I didn't have a vote, but when dasmos came back apparently he was told I was mafia and contacted me, I asked him to take out thatguy, but it may have been too late in the day.  I was then voting to take out thatguy the rest of the time but no luck. 

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »
You know it is interesting that you found out your whole team by the end of Day 3. While at the time we townies were thinking that you guys were not in contact yet.  A few quotes from you kinda point the finger at you in retrospect.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34223.msg669691#msg669691
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34223.msg669706#msg669706

These two stand out because you are accusing Silenced in a way of being Mafia.Also you tried to point more fingers at Silenced by saying that if you died that Silenced would be a top suspect.Thing is you didn't die that night or any night until you were voted out. I'd think that the Mafia would have went after you if you were not part of the Mafia.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
At that point Thatguy looked like a bigger target so I could have tried to play that angle, but it was a risk.  Either way I had a feeling that we were not going to be able to get a hit off that night at all anyway, so since I would live it I could just say that there was no hit at all.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
I didn't know I was Mafia, so obviously I never voted for the hit.

I feel kind of bad for you Apdude, since you were pretty much the only active Mafia player. You lasted for a while, but things were weighted against you so there wasn't much chance. I'm sorry things turned out so badly.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
Vote Bin Laden

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »
Alright I am going to start posting about everybody in the game now. I'll start with the dead players starting from the first day till end game.Then I will go with the remaining alive players. 

vudu- you died the first day and you didn't really play. I mainly was going with the vendetta vote because of past games. Once again sorry.Generally with how the game was set up I figured that if you were Mafia you would want to get rid of me before I got rid of you.

Mop it up you did decently while you were alive and you kinda made me vote for you even though you thought I was Mafia when I voted for Nickmitch.In the end I guess I was going against the grain to try to make it look like I was Mafia but in reality I was a townie and I figured if I was acting this way that the investigator would search me and thus prove my innocence.I guess with how the game was set up I could do this type of thing and the Mafia or townies wouldn't be sure of who I was. I made sure to not over do it though so I wouldn't get voted out.

Despicable you didn't play much and I think that your back and forth between Silenced wasn't that good. It brought you unneeded attention.I guess some votes for you ended up bringing attention to a Mafia Member,apdude.

Nickmitch you generally wasn't paying attention to the game for some reason.I know you have this thing where you either don't really show up the first day and then play the rest of the game.However you showed up the first day and you didn't show up at all in the later days.Last time I recall that happening you were Mafia. I guess you were trying to prove a point or something about your behavior and your role.  In the end I guess it doesn't matter much since you were planning on taking a break since you have played in 50 Mafia games in a row.

Toruresu you didn't really play that much and were confused through out the game while you lived.I know you are a fairly good player and hope you can bounce back in the next game.

jrlibrarian sorry for voting for you. I guess your death by vote pointed fingers at apdude and Dasmos so in a way you helped out. You also helped out with the Mop it up vote so I guess you can take pride in voting out one mafia member.

apdude you played a pretty good game and you played pretty well.You were mainly trying to point fingers at townies in a way that it was convencing. In the end much like all the Mafia you were undone by thatguy.

Dasmos you were only really active when you needed to be  and you were confused.I'd guess that you were just playing confused but in the end your inactiveness caused you the game. Maybe I'm missing something on your play.

Finally Rabicle. Your inactiveness caused you the game. I don't know if you were avoiding the threads to try to just slide by the game or not or if you had other things going on.Maybe you can fill me in.

I'll type something up about the alive players here in a bit.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Despicable

• Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »

Congratulations Townies!  You have won Mafia L!
I hope you have enjoyed playing. Yay! Wish i would have lived......
Dad I'm in Space

I'm Proud of You Son

Dad are you in Space?

Yes now we are Family again.

Offline Despicable

• Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
Vote Bin Laden
why? isnt he......  :-X  DEAD!  :Q
Dad I'm in Space

I'm Proud of You Son

Dad are you in Space?

Yes now we are Family again.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 05:47:06 PM »
Okay I am finally going to post my thoughts on the surviving players from the game.

Maxi-I guess I played fairly well although my deduction skills were not as good as they could have been at the start of the game.Later in the game I say I was was better. I tried to walk the line of appearing as Mafia early on so that I would be searched and thus reveal my townieness to everyone.

Insanolord-You were not as active as you usually were and I guess in that sense It made you appear to be Mafia even though you were not. I guess you played well.

Shyguy- You were key in the begining of the game by claiming you were the investigator.You were pretty spot on with your votes as well.

Silenced- You like Shyguy was pretty spot on with your votes and you were pretty intense with your reasoning in your posts.Great game!

stevey- You were not that active that much with your posts. Mainly just voting out people.

Stratos- you were pretty spot on with most of your votes. Your reasoning for some of your votes were kinda wreckless but it kinda worked in the end in a way of figuring out the true Mafia members.

Sundolous- You were mainly there to vote out Mafia members and not much else.

Finally thatguy- Your idea to send out a PM to one person and then asking that person to send out another PM saying that Mop it up was Mafia worked to protect yourself and I think your reasoning was that if someone stopped the sequence then that could be theorized that that person was Mafia.In theory this was a solid plan. Great game!

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »
Finally thatguy- Your idea to send out a PM to one person and then asking that person to send out another PM saying that Mop it up was Mafia worked to protect yourself and I think your reasoning was that if someone stopped the sequence then that could be theorized that that person was Mafia.In theory this was a solid plan. Great game!

Except I called him out for it. If he hadn't of convinced me to turn on Mop it up I'd have probably gotten him killed. I was defending Mop it up blindly out of friendship and pretty much posted in the main thread asking everyone to post who sent them the message and we could follow the chain on PMs back to its origin. I ended up siding with thatguy and editing out that thought in my post.

That's funny you thought I was voting blindly because I recall just voting along with thatguy and the townie alliance. I voted early due to work so if the group changed their mind late in the day I was left voting for a different person from the group.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
Yeah I saw you edited that out later but I guess I kinda was saying at first the plan was a good idea to you but I later said that it could have been a way to spread misinformation.That might have changed your mind a little on your Mop it up vote.

What I meant by wreckless was the voting out the more inactive people. It did kinda work in narrowing down who was really Mafia but I now think that we possibly could have tried to lessen the townie losses.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »
I also wouldn't read much into my actions since I thought I was a townie.