Author Topic: Mafia L: Pie Oh Pie! (Day 6)  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mafia L: Pie Oh Pie! (Day 6)
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
"We will only overcome this adversity by uniting and purging the Un-Pure among us.",  said a tall man on a Make-Shift Pedestal.  He was wearing what looked like a cloth radiation suit with a screen where the clear plastic would be some would say more of an impeccably clean bee keeper suit.   Either way, The Leader thought, the crowd loved the mystique in the Wardrobe.  When did these speeches become so routine they no longer needed him to invest in them.  His former life skills have been serving him well.  For in the land of the blind the One Eye man is king.

"For today I have found another.  An Un-Pure among us. Apdude is not who you think he is my Children.  How can any normal man drink that much Coffee..."

On a Rooftop of a building Some Way off...
Sat a man of Average build leaning over looking through a pair of binoculars.  He had a grizzled looking face with a rough red aged beard framed by a beat up hat and a trench coat.  Underneath this shabby exterior he wore a short sleeve dress shirt and blue jeans.  Both seeing there fair share and some of wear but ironed wrinkly free and crisp with military precision.   Sitting beside him was a cup of coffee and some pumpkin pie.  The pie was harder to get then you would think.

"****," he mumble to himself and took a sip of his coffee.

Apdude was glad he taken the extra step of bugging the platform.  Thoroughness often paid off at odd times. Looking through the binoculars again to get a good view.  He was also glad that he had made it a point to bring these as one of the few items he could bring along with himself, if he didn't have such wonderful binoculars they be nothing but specs of dust in the horizon right now.

Time for the show.  Apdude presses a button.   
He sees an eruption just big enough to kill one man happening right in front of the feet of The Leader.  A shield of sorts instantly surrounds him redirecting the force to either side taking out the background behind him.  The Leader stumbled slightly and started back in.

"You can see that my cause is righteous and Just,  For even God protects me."

I should of known The Interferer was here since the Old Foe was as well.  Time to relocate for a bit I know a place where their likes of that gathering are not allowed or welcomed plus I could play a few hands of cards while things died down.

With that he turns sharply around and jumped off the 4 story building leaving his coffee and pie.  Right before he hit the ground, his momentum started to fade to that of a mere hop allowing him a soft landing.  Where he was going was just a few blocks down in the Shadier portion of town.   

This part of town had always been rough and by some sheer ironic coincidence or a mean joke by the DESC builders it was now under where one of the massive supports for the Dome was.  The designers had put up artificial lights to help mitigate the effects of the positioning but during the day the place was never as bright as the rest of the city.

Apdude came up to a non-descript door and knocks twice then says, "I know your mother and it only took a nickel."  Why did these places have to have such bad code phrases?  The door opened with a puff of smoke coming out.  The smokey room had a bar to the left with a nice worn wood finish, a few sets of tables, and a stage with a variety of acts going on that you could never see in a movie theatre.  Though where Apdude was interested in was the room beyond where four card tables where setup.

Upon coming in, "Why hi their Apdude.  Your ready for a friendly game?" a rather large man dressed in a white suite with matching hat asked.  I wouldn't really call the stakes of these games friendly but, no risk meant little reward.

"Why Mike, you know me.  Always up for a nice fair game."  I had caught him last week cheating.  He found out why I carry this shark bit Hockey stick.

"Here's you coffee Mr.Apdude," a pleasing to the eyes waitress handed me my drink of choice and we started to play.

All in all been a fairly good evening of cards.  I had more than what I started with that night but, not so much so to make any new enemies.  I notice noise starts coming from the front.

"I know he's in their let me in," someone yells, and a rather large two mans worth of Asian comes ripping through the door with a sheet in his hand.  I feign not noticing.

He comes up to me and put a sheet in front of my eyes. 

"Is that you?"  It was a wanted poster with my likeness on it and quiet a large sum, though the nose was all wrong.  Why did they always get the nose wrong?  Knowing it was a rhetorical question I leaned back hard in my chair knocking the man back and quickly standing up.  Seeing an opportunity to recoup some of the losses that have been incurred on my account, I said I didn't make any new enemies didn't mean I didn't have them, others started to join in. 

"Go Sharks," I mumbled as I swing my hockey stick at my newest combatants.  I couldn't use the more powerful pieces of my arsenal in such close quarters without risking bringing the whole place down.  With a variety of full swings and quarterstaff maneuvers I had studied I made my way to the door when....

I woke up bound missing my hockey stick at the police station moving to somewhere on what could only be a dolly with straps.

"This whole voting thing has been a mess. I don't know how much more this town can take."
"Lets just get this one to the Kill room while he's still out."

I overheard two officers say.  Then the dolly stops and pushed out a little bit.  I hear the close and lock of a sizeable door.  After all I've been through.  Death by Flash incineration, was not how I thought it would end.  At least I can take comfort in knowing that somewhere at some time a lot of people just lost a few bets.

When the officers opened the chamber to remove what was left of Apdude an odd site greeted them.  Where their should had been just a pile of ash and a dolly there was a set of metal legs.  One full the other partial like a partial exoskeleton connected by a metallic hip.  Plus a shiny round marble with an eerie sheen to it from the fire was in the actual ash pile. 

"Science will want to see this."

The legs never made it to the Science department.  What had become referred to as the Mafia within town had determined that the tech of one of its members would be too advanced to hand over and had liberated it from a life of study and uncaring.

In another part of town untouched and unknowing of the ruckus.

I never liked him, he thought, he was always better than I was.

"We shall stop that from happening, (Headless men only succeed at one thing.)"

They stalked towards the man nearing striking distance when a heavenly aroma hit their nose and circle piece of goodness caught their eyes.  It was pie.  How did anyone get the fresh ingredients for Pie?  Immediately all the thoughts the man had of revenge and leveling of play was gone with his one desire, Pie.  They briskly changed pace stalking the pie less it might become aware of his presence and escape.

"What are you doing? (Is that Pie?); He is over there, (We cannot reach him for Misfortune); Thwarted by Pie,(Undone by the round goodness.)"

Little did the man know that his life was spared that day due to a piece of pie.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:03:58 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia L: Pie Oh Pie! (Day 6)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:34:01 AM »
There, we got one!

Now VOTE DASMOS.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »
Dasmos or Rabicle. Who to vote for? Can't decide.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
vote Dasmos

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »
Just to give another choice.
Vote Rabicle
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
Heads up, Maxi's a... townie.

Big surprise.

vote Rabicle

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 04:09:01 PM »
Everybody make sure to send in your investigation requests to thatguy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 04:59:28 PM »
I'm a little confused. Apdude was active. Why wasn't there a mafia hit? Was the saving spirit really protecting thatguy and the mafia trying to hit the guy (thatguy) everynight?

Vote Dasmos for now. Apdude pointed the finger at Rabicle so I question him being mafia, though granted there is a chance.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »
vote Dasmos
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
Stratos I think I might know what is going on with the Mafia hits. After Mop it up died apdude was really the only Mafia member that was active. So assuming that was 3 mafia members left after Mop it up died then the 2 other Mafia members have either no voted their hits or they haven't been active.However I checked Rabicles profile after the vote was over and it showed that Rabicle was active so I think that he might have sent in his hit vote for thatguy and you see in the story that someone tried to attack someone but was protected. Rabicle's profile also shows that he was active last today.He hasn't posted anywhere in the forums since he posted that he was signing up for the game.I find that kinda odd that he has been active since yesterday and he hasn't posted at all.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 07:39:44 PM »
Ceric how long is today going to go? Are we having Day 6 go till Sunday night?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:41:09 PM »
About 5 mins left if the day is ending like the previous days.

I hope this vote for Dasmos is straight and true like the apdude vote yesterday.

Vote tally
Dasmos-4
Rabicle-2
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:55:36 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 09:59:03 PM »
I wanted to say this: I have the Madness, and I tried to ask Ceric a question about it's use and my ability, but he hasn't responded.  Just a few minutes ago, I sent in an investigation along with a hit on RABicle, because I never heard back. I'm not sure if using the madness will negate my investigation ability or not, really. I know not using it would, though.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »
Day 7 Will be posted Monday.  I had something come up.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.