Author Topic: DS Pre-orders  (Read 3464 times)

Offline thepoga

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DS Pre-orders
« on: November 13, 2004, 07:19:32 PM »
I went on Gamestop.com and they still allow you to preorder the DS. Is it an error?

RE:DS Pre-orders
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 07:41:53 PM »
No, its not an error.  As far as I know, ALL of the physical GameStop stores are already sold out, but the virtual, Gamestop.com store still has some available.  But I susggest you get it quick as I am sure they will be gone soon.  They also have some pretty good bundel deals going right now...

For the record.  EBgames.com has this message posted:

"The initial shipment of the Nintendo DS has been sold out. Orders taken after November 11, 2004, will be filled as soon as we receive additional supply."

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 07:05:38 PM »
Update:

Gamestop's site noew says that they are completely sold out and any reservations made will be put toward the second shipment.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 09:38:21 AM »
Man, I am so glad I preordered mine in mid October.  

Namely because I had misread the release date and thought it was the 11th, but it worked out for me anyways.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline chain chomp

• Voted BEST by Pietriots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 06:11:03 AM »
i just pre orded  the mario + ds bundle
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
RE: DS Pre-orders
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 12:56:18 PM »
Good, chain chomp!  Really, good for you!

In case no one noticed, that's not much of a bundle, that's how much it's gonna cost if you buy them sepparately.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 01:07:13 PM »
Damn...lol..I'll just get mine in the Summer or when I get a job in the future...

DS+Online Play = Pretty Damn Sexy
and Vs. X-box
Who will win?

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 01:58:43 PM »
I pre-ordered mine, but I'm beginning to suspect I will not have it on launch day.  I pre-ordered at a small anime store, and last time I asked they were surprised when I mentioned the 21st, and explained that nothing "comes out" on Sunday because nothing arrives then (UGH!)  Clearly this has to do with a middle-man distributor.  Perhaps the distributor can't sell them until launch day, which would be pretty lame.

I just hope I can get it by Tuesday, what with going home for Thanksgiving and all.  
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 11:02:35 AM »
Blockbuster will actually be selling DS's too.
Just today I pre-ordered one for just 5 bucks and they had even more available. They'll also be renting DS games starting Tuesday.

Offline calguy77

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 01:25:45 PM »
I just called all the blockbusters in my city, about 30 of them and non of them will be doing DS sales, what city you in
NINTENDO IS THE BEST

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 01:39:11 PM »
I'm in Florida in a rural area near Orlando.
My Blockbuster was recently renovated with the new "Game Rush" section that some Blockbusters are getting. Maybe those Blockbusters are the only ones that will be selling DS's.