Author Topic: Aion...  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Aion...
« on: September 30, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »
So my GF offered to buy me a new laptop if she could have my old one and if I played Aion with her. We've never played an MMO together and god knows I could use a new laptop so I took the deal.

The best way I could describe the game is that it's like a version of WoW where the game actually makes an effort to keep up appearances. The game is thoroughly beautiful, has a much better art direction and overall a better ambiance than WoW ever did. They further add to the experience by giving you cutscenes involving your character from time to time.

But the real kicker is that, after level 10, you can fly in certain areas and it opens up exploration and combat on another axis of travel.

I'm only level 12 so far, but I can say that if you've done WoW, you probably wouldn't get THAT much new out of it. I kinda wish I had played Aion and NEVER played WoW, since Aion is basically an improvement on all fronts.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Aion...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 03:03:19 PM »
Still need to play LOTRO more before I jump into another MMO!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »
I've heard good things about LOTRO as well.

I honestly didn't plan on playing another MMO again until someone redefined the genre, but we're doing it together so that puts a choke on how much I'll wind up playing.

This way, we go through and explore the game together.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
I hear there's massive grind after level thirty or so.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »
I've heard good things about LOTRO as well.

I honestly didn't plan on playing another MMO again until someone redefined the genre, but we're doing it together so that puts a choke on how much I'll wind up playing.

This way, we go through and explore the game together.

LOTRO is fantastic if you like PVE, it also has a neat skirmish map for PVP if you want to do that. It has some beautiful artistic design and music as well. They also have done a tremendous job of expanding the game with free updates along with the Mines of Moria expansion. But believe me I understand how it is virtually impossible to play more then one MMORPG at once!

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
I hear there's massive grind after level thirty or so.

I'll let you know once I get there (it'll probably be a while, though).

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »
I'm playing Aion on Azphel.

http://na.aiononline.com/characters/Azphel/Elodar

You know I love MMOs.  I still play LOTRO occasionally as well.  Warhammer Online is getting kicked to the curb in the next week or so...I'll only play LOTRO and one other PvP-centric MMO at any one time.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »
I'm playing Aion on Azphel.

http://na.aiononline.com/characters/Azphel/Elodar

You know I love MMOs.  I still play LOTRO occasionally as well.  Warhammer Online is getting kicked to the curb in the next week or so...I'll only play LOTRO and one other PvP-centric MMO at any one time.

And you never tell me when your on so we can play LOTRO together.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »
Maybe if you played more often than once a month you'd catch me online!  I never have a set time that I play.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog