Author Topic: Harry Potter 3 Trailor Online  (Read 2435 times)

Offline DrForester

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Harry Potter 3 Trailor Online
« on: November 13, 2003, 07:53:41 PM »
http://www.themoviebox.net/trailers/harrypotter3/

Few things I noticed

Michael Gambon as Dumbledor looks to go well.  Sounds a lot more like I imagined him than Richard Harris did.

Neville got skinny.....really skinny

Oldman looks perfect at Sirius.

overall feel looks to make the movie from the much more light hearted first two films into the dark path the 3rd book begins.  

Not nearly enough angles to get a good look at Lupin.

No pictures at all (That I could tell) of Trelawney

No direct look at the Dementors.  We all know they probably just went to peter Jackson and asked to borrow the ringwrath costumes

Anyways, 3rd book was my favorite so i'm looking forward to this a lot.  Looks like No more Columbus at the helm is going to work out really well.  
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Harry Potter 3 Trailer Online
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 09:22:18 AM »
Mmkay.  Looks more surreal than the other two, and I don't know what to think of that. . . though I like that type of stuff, Harry Potter does not strike me as being much like that.  But we'll see.  I also don't get the part with the choir singing while holding huge frogs.  The point?  Seems alright, though.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
RE: Harry Potter 3 Trailer Online
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 01:29:03 PM »
The Macbeth song in that trailer is really creepy.  The movie looks great.  Prisoner of Azkaban was one of the best books (aside from the irritating time-travel plot at the end)

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 01:33:42 PM »
I hope it's better.  As a whole, I've been disappointed with the movies thus far.

I've began thinking that it would've been better to not have seen the movies and just let imagination do the work.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 01:46:01 PM »
The little we saw of the dementor is what REALLY made me want to see the movie. I love how these books get darker and darker. Book IV's movie will be rated pg13. Unless they want to RUIN it. I hope they do it right.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 07:41:24 PM »
The song they sung in the trailor is thw song the witches sung in Macbeth.

Not in the book, but I think is a nice touch, if for nothing more than to show that there's a new director, and the tone of the movie will be very different.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 05:56:35 AM »
"I've began thinking that it would've been better to not have seen the movies and just let imagination do the work. "

I agree, although not because I dislike the movies - I just think it doesn't work as well in cinematic format.  In the books, you get a much better feel of the day-to-day wizarding world.  In the movies it's more of an adventure.  In the books, having each year take place in the same place made perfect sense - after all, it is a school.  In movies however, that seems redundant and repetetive somehow.   I really wish it had stayed in literary form.

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 07:40:15 AM »
I never liked Potter, I've read the first book and watched the first movie, and have no interest in the others. Don't see whats the big deal, I'd rather read LOTR for 5th or so time than read next Potter.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 08:15:32 AM »
Read the 3rd book shortly after being introduced to Terry Pratchett. Suffice to say that's like playing Counterstrike just after Metroid Prime.

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 09:06:56 AM »
I've read about 15 Discworld books and also read Good Omens, after LOTR those are my favorite books.