Author Topic: The Matrix Revolutions  (Read 12965 times)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Matrix Revolutions
« on: November 05, 2003, 05:46:45 AM »
I finished watching Matrix Revolutions just half and hour ago, and all I have to say is 'I am so f**king dizzy'.
Action was eye-ballingly fast, and the fight scenes are litterally not for the fait of heart, nor the epileptic.

I think the movie posed a few more questions imo, then it did answer, especially if you were confused in MAtrix Reloaded.
But it does have that 'resolution', that 'definite end' that the directors/producers/actors said that we would get.

I won't go into any details until other people get into this, but the movie is worth seeing, but please, prepare to turn your eyes into mush.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:The Matrix Revolutions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 08:31:05 AM »
I still havent seen the first one...i meant the second one..i saw the first one but did not see the second one...I will not be able to see this due to Mario Karts arrival in a week.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »
I think I'm going to go see it next Wednesday, since there's an early day at school, but I'm not sure.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 11:23:15 AM »
I have tickets to go see it in 2 hours. I've been waiting for this since the first day of reloaded....

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 01:45:55 PM »
gotta watch it!!!!!!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Moonwatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 05:38:42 PM »
Saw it at 8 Am today in a packed theatre and it was great.  I'm glad that this was such an improvement over Reloaded.  Reloaded was good, but just didn't feel right.  You know?  Probably not.  In  any case, Revolutions could have been better, but I'm happy.  Not even close to the original but a satisfactory ending.  
"Anything that, in happening, cuases itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
RE: The Matrix Revolutions
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 05:53:47 PM »
OK, now that I am fully concious (I don't remember starting this tread at all ;____; I come here and it's OH! I made a thread!), I have to say that MAtrix Revolutions was a kick ass movie.
Why, do you ask, did I say that I wasn't fully concious?
Well, consider this:
I booked tickets to the MAtrix MArathon. The Matrix at 7pm, The MAtrix Reloaded at 10pm, and then The Matrix Revolutions, the simultaneous worldwide release, at 1am.
After it finished at 3:30am, I went home, and didn't sleep till like 7am. Was just talking to my friends until that time.
And I woke up like a couple of hours ago (it's nearly 4pm now).

ANYWAY....

What did you guys think of it?
Assuming I am not the only one here who has watched it.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 06:33:13 PM »
Ok, I just got back from seeing The Matrix: Revolutions about an hour ago, and am prepared to write my review more or less.  I just took a few sleeping pills, so I don't know how long I will last, but I'll give it a shot.  As always, my reviews are spoiler free, so don't worry if you haven't seen it.

First of all, I would like to say that I went into the movie with very low expectations.  I liked The Matrix fine and dandy, although I didn't see it as the second coming of Star Wars, the way that many did.  The second movie was a dissapointment to me.  I liked the atmosphere and style with which the first movie was done, and the second one sort of went off on its own, and left the first one behind.  It almost felt like the first movie should have been one of the films on The Animatrix, and I just found that wrong.  The movie also seemed to be very strained, and like it was trying to be something that it wasn't.  As a result, I had felt that the trilogy had completely lost its magic, and had become nothing more than a symbol of modern day pop culture.  Thus, I entered the movie theater with low expectations, and expected to see more of the same stuff that was given to us in The Matrix Reloaded.  It's just as well that I expected that I suppose.  In a sense it WAS a continuation of The Matrix Reloaded, but it regained the atmosphere and feel of the first movie, and that was really the most important thing.

The Matrix has always had a very disjointed feel to it.  Much of the dialog and events have always seemed a little forced, as if the creators had specific scenes that they wanted to show, and were willing to warp the natural order of things in order to present those scenes, and those lines.  I have always considered The Matrix to be a very quirky story, as many plot elements just don't make sense, but the stylistic value makes up for the lack of plausability.  The third movie is not any different.  There was one scene that was supposed to summon deep emotion, and I actually started giggling at the horrible dialog and acting.  But enough about that.

The movie contains a much more epic feel than either of the first two movies.  Maybe that's what I really liked about it.  But the whole time I was watching the movie, I felt a familiar aura.  It seemed almost as if Star Wars, Xenogears, Silent Hill, and Chrono Trigger had all come to pay their respects.  Those who know me well would know that this ranks quite high among my highest praise.  One part during the movie, I could have almost sworn I heard the dialog spoken during the credits of Silent Hill 2.  Another part struck a very familiar nerve with me, bringing images of the beginning of the second disc of Xenogears.  Pure artwork.  It could be that I am tired and losing touch with reality, but I honestly felt like I was watching and listening to those scenes again for the first time.

The Matrix Revolutions has it all, and it doesn't even really feel that rushed.  It's got the same mythological environment and atmosphere present in the first movie, it's got epic battle sequences that would feel at home during the climax of Star Wars Episode II, and the story between Trinity and Neo for once didn't feel pushed and out of place.  It felt like it would belong in Xenogears.  

I guess that my closing remarks on this movie would be that the sum of the parts was truly greater than the whole.  The ending wasn't that great, and the story wasn't entirely unexpected.  But the imagery and craftsmanship involved in the movie more than made up for any other shortcomings that the movie may have had.  If you were looking for the sequel to The Matrix in The Matrix Reloaded, and were dissapointed, then now is the time that you are repaid for the money you spent to go and see it.  This is the sequel.

Formal scoring?  I don't do that for movies.  Just games.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 06:35:27 PM »
Just as a side note apart from my main review, I will say that I hated the ending because it felt unclosed.  Unsettled.  Sure it was an ending, but I just thought that it should have been more grand, and less simple.  Something unexpected.  It felt "right" though, so I will leave my comment like that.  I just wish it had been more final.

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 06:56:57 PM »
I liked the ending a lot.  It left a lot of things open to interpetation, and given they say matrix is partly inspired by anime, i wasn't to surprised.

SPOILER BELOW:

I liked that they left the question at the end about if Neo lived or died.  Thought it was a very good question to leave open.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 07:06:25 PM »
Which is exactly what I didn't like about it.  I wanted an ending, not an opening for a sequel.  And I really didn't care for the mega happy ending that we got.  It was supposed to be a Shakespearean tragedy type deal from what I could see, but the ending just felt a little muddled.  Which is it?  Mega happy or tragedy?

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 08:37:26 PM »
I wanna see it.  And if I somehow cross a spoiler before then, someone shall pay.  (thanks to all of the above who gave spoiler warnings)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2003, 11:18:27 PM »
This is ONLY for people who have seen the movie. If you read, and there are posts after this saying 'NOOOOOOOOO!' or any of your next posts directed toward me are filled with anger or rage, then you are a dick.

I was confused by that whole darn ending. I mean, is that city a new one, rebuilt from the machine city, from the real world or is it the 'new' Matrix? And that HUGE spike head machine - is that the Architect? I think I get it, in that the Oracle, Achitect, Sereph and that little girl were not part of the real world or the Martix, so that is why they survived. When Smith takes over the Oracle, did that mean that she was the one that killed him in the end? Or when Smith took over Neo then NEO was the one wo defeated Smith in the same manner he did in the first movie?

I think the best part of the movie was when Trinity drives up through the clouds, and they see the real, sunlit sky for the first time. It just gave me goosebumps from that good feeling.

Did Neo really die? I mean, the deal with the 'Architect' was to destroy their common enemy - Smith - who could now take over beings from the real world as well (Bane). If he failed to defeat Smith, then the machines could kill him. So did he really die? All we see is this huge flash of light in Neo's 'fire-vision'.

You know, I was quite glad that some of our predictions that there would be another Matrix turned out to be wrong.

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 04:27:44 AM »
It was the sweetest movie ive ever seen!  Well worth it!
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 04:36:31 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  You spoiled the movie for me, you jerk!

~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 04:38:41 AM »
---Quote by Bill---

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You spoiled the movie for me, you jerk!

"

---End quote----

???????  Who?  Me?  How?  
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 06:02:58 AM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
This is ONLY for people who have seen the movie. If you read, and there are posts after this saying 'NOOOOOOOOO!' or any of your next posts directed toward me are filled with anger or rage, then you are a dick.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2003, 10:16:39 AM »
I have yet to see this, but I feel like commenting on the first two.  Dunno why.

The first movie was great in the sense that Grey Ninja said it was. . . the sense of style, that sort of thing.  It was also fun to watch, and had pretty good dialogue.  The second movie was slightly less satisfying in that aspect. . . there were some additions I liked, like that Keymaker guy and the aspects of the plot that they added, but scenes like the kissing situation, the whole underground rave, and Neo and Trinity's relationship often seemed unnecessary and pressured.  Also, I think part of the reason that it seemed less stylish is because a great deal of it took place in Zion. . . this made the setting somewhat less fantastic. . . the second movie was basically trying to tie the first and third together, I imagine.
The fight scenes in the second movie were incredible, though.  I laughed aloud several times in surprise and appreciation during some of the scenes. . . the first was good this way, but the second was much cooler (though also much less realistic, but who cares?).  If the third can pull those two positive parts of the two movies and get the better of both its predecessors, it could be very good.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline thesos21

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2003, 10:46:42 AM »
I have a fairly simple understanding of this trilogy, but I have a question. I hope it doesn't seem too stupid. What is it that happened differently this 7th time around that had not happened the other 6 times to finally end the war?

Thanks

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2003, 10:54:41 AM »
::SPOILERS!!!::

First off, thesos, you might want to put some spoiler tags up, or at least identify your post as containing spoilers.

Secondly, Neo is the 6th, not the 7th- there were 5 before him, not 6. Anyway, without having seen Revolutions yet, I'll try to describe why as best I can- the first 5 anomalies all chose not to destroy the mainframe and to instead let Zion be destroyed and rebuilt. Neo chose instead to save Zion- if he succeeds, Zion will be saved and the machines finally defeated. If he fails, not only is Zion destroyed, but so is the resistance to the machines.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline thesos21

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2003, 11:08:48 AM »
Sorry about the spoilers thing. So whats makes the current Neo choose differently than the other? Trinity?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2003, 11:14:39 AM »
Exactly.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2003, 11:20:34 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised that you got so deep into the Matrix movies...The theological views are pretty blatent...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2003, 11:21:53 AM »
Are you talking to me, or someone else? I'm confused.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2003, 11:23:30 AM »
Confused about what?