Author Topic: What NWR Member Do You Want To Meet?  (Read 9928 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
What NWR Member Do You Want To Meet?
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:56:50 AM »
What NWR member would you like to meet in person and why?

Me, Iansane. I'd like to see how he goes about daily life and I wonder if he sounds like this extremely popular radio host we have here in Los Angeles. John Colbelt rants about everything and the moment I listened in I had a feeling it was really Ian on the other end. I really want to see what makes him ticked in real life and how he reacts to things.

EasyCure and Perm seem like regular people, but I'd like to meet em anyway, lol.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: What NWR Member Do You Want To Meet?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:23:57 AM »
SUPER.  With a briefcase full of Professor Layton chocolates.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:34:30 AM »
Maybe I want to meet Broodwars as well. His Mii looks scary.

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:26:37 AM »
I think Caterkiller managed to meed everyone on staff who was at E3 but me, but I did sit next to BlackNMild at the Nintendo press conference. As for who I'd like to meet, I'd have to say Stogi, so I could hear some of the stories I'd have to ban him for posting here.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:13:03 AM »
All of them. Let's play some games

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:09:47 AM »
I met SUPER twice. He's a grade A, jerk.

That isn't true.
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
Yeah, what Ty said. I'd love to just sit and play vidja games with you guys. Would be killer.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 09:03:33 AM »
The spam bots, mostly.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
You all missed out on the great meet up in Uncle Bob's town. Sadly, there's only 3 of us that post on a regular basis anymore. We should do that again sometime, but with more members.

And I met some of the staff at Pax East 2011.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:50 AM »
All of you, naturally.

But if I had to choose? Caterkiller, BnM, Broodwars, TJ, Chozo, and maybe Maxi or Morari.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
We need to set a date, Oblivion. A light dinner, a movie, and maybe a few drinks? ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 01:45:42 PM »
I don't get to travel, but I would meet anyone who came to Rochester. LOL. Pale lives about 15 mins from me though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
You all missed out on the great meet up in Uncle Bob's town. Sadly, there's only 3 of us that post on a regular basis anymore. We should do that again sometime, but with more members.
And Less Snowstorm and Bridge being out.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »
a/s/l?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:12:14 PM »
aw thanks cater, I get an honorable mention right in the first post!

stogi is the no brainer answer for me because we seem to get along well enough on the forum, and like said previously, I'm sure he has some great ones he just can't tell 'round these parts. BnM, catterkiller, Kairon and Maxi are all good dudes I've communicated with off the forums from time to time, so it'd be move to officially meet them and hang out.

I thought I saw Perm in New Mexico once lol, but the only forum member I've met in person was theFleece, who I don't really see post much. That was a very quick encounter though, at one of the Nintendo World Store events a few years back. What an epic mustache he had. I felt like one f the NPC's from the Mario rpg's, meeting the legendary mustache for the first time. I should of asked him to jump.

Speaking of nintendo events in nyc, it was either pale or Neal, but they were at one at the same time but we must of missed each other.

I'd want to jam with iansane - I just wouldn't want to do anything game related because i don't know if i can take his opinion seriously :-P I'd invite brandogg to this fantasy jam session but he's not allowed to fantasize anymore, not with that many kids.

If GP is still into goth culture, I'd let her take me to a goth club to meet woman (but she'd likely detest the idea)

that's all i can think of, for now!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
All y'all, of course. I'd host you all for a party at my house, if I could.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
a/s/l?

Hahaha! I remember when random chat rooms were at their peak. Do people still say that? Seems so old...

RomanceDawn

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 04:25:22 PM »
We need to set a date, Oblivion. A light dinner, a movie, and maybe a few drinks? ;)

As long as you pick up the tab. ;)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »
Stogi and The Triforce? Maybe invite Cater and Insano to tag along. Play some drinking games before we tear whatever city we're in apart. Oh yeah. We'd have a ball!

BTW, did I tell you about the time I went to Miami last year? I'll give you a hint. Brazilian, Columbian, Peruvian, Cuban. One's a woman, one's drug, one's a food, and one's my best friend with a small yacht hahaha

Meeting everyone on here would be cool, but if I had to pick I'd say Rabicle, Dasmos and TY; all of which are hilarious posters and live in countries I want to visit or would like to visit again ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:01:25 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »

You make that all sound like it was a bad thing.  Some folks would call that an adventure. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »

You make that all sound like it was a bad thing.  Some folks would call that an adventure. :D
Well you know driving through the remnants of a Snowstorm with a Pregnant Wife at home in that area where the baby could come.  Adventure sure.

I just like to meet up with everyone and maybe make better time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 06:19:38 PM »
I suppose if I had to be specific, I'd go with a Pokéfest with Cater and Shaymin. That'd be cool. Ceric's probably the closest to me, as he lives only four hours away near Nashville - he and I have similar tastes in gaming.

I've always thought it'd be cool to tip back a few drinks with Mike and Karl. My personality would probably mesh really well with theirs. Play some Smash, ya know.

EDIT: Oh! It'd be bad arse to go see a hockey game with JP, Andy, and Jon. :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:22:45 PM by Racht »
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 07:51:49 PM »

Well you know driving through the remnants of a Snowstorm with a Pregnant Wife at home in that area where the baby could come.  Adventure sure.

I just like to meet up with everyone and maybe make better time.

I feel like UB invited me to this little meet-up but I don't remember it being during a snowy season.. unless UB invites people over all the time or something. It would've been way too long of a trip without having anything else planned in the area..

TJ, Pale and I believe Neal are all in Rochester so that would be a small enough trip for a meet-up, I feel like the rest of are further West and I likely wouldn't ever get the chance to meet up with, but it would be nice to meet and hang out with the lot of you. This is the first forum I've joined and the only one I've stuck with because the community is awesome.

Stogi made a good point too. I almost went to Australia over the summer but some things came up so it's on the back burner for now. I don't know where Rab and Dasmos are at specifically but they're both awesome enough to try to meet up with while in the country. Dasmos and I have similar musical taste so even if we don't game, we could always go to a show or something. Ty gave me tips for my visit to Japan and seems like someone entertaining to be around, so I'd buy the first round as a thanks.

How could I forget about Pro? Dude is hilarious but I feel like he might be weird to hang around with hahahaha

Hm.. Do we have any forum members in Amsterdam? I have that trip planned for 2014, just not exactly sure when. Otherwise, I haven't been to Cali yet so whenever that trip pans out; BnM, Caterkiller, Maxi.. make some room on your couch ;)

PS. (for those of you who remember) I still plan on hosting a big NWR party if I were to ever win the lotto ;)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »
I believe Neal is in New Jersey, about a 6 hour drive from where me and Pale are.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
I believe Neal is in New Jersey, about a 6 hour drive from where me and Pale are.

I thought he was in Rochester too. That likely means he's closer to my part of NY, I know you two are far but I've driven that distance before.