Author Topic: Phantasy Star Zero Mini  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Phantasy Star Zero Mini
« on: March 17, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »
Anybody hear about this? It could be a pretty big DSiWare release.

http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2009/03/phantasy_star_zero_mini_coming_to_dsiware

I am curious to see how and if it will interface with the forthcoming DS retail game. I'm thinking character transfers or this could be the multiplayer aspect of the main DS game.

It will support four-player wireless co-op and a visual chat feature, and is going to sell for a paltry 200 Nintendo Points.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:55:39 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Fantasy Star Zero Mini
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
Nice find.It could be a nice release.The DSi is coming soon.April 5th!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:56:21 PM »
The fact that this is 200 DSi I have small doubts that this will be a big game since the 200 price range is set for smaller DSi applications. By the way the series name is Phantasy Star, not Fantasy Star.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
The fact that this is 200 DSi I have small doubts that this will be a big game since the 200 price range is set for smaller DSi applications. By the way the series name is Phantasy Star, not Fantasy Star.

Whoops, I think that was just a grammatical slip up on the spelling.

I don't expect it to be a huge matter on it's own. But what if it were an expansion of sorts to complement the main game. Sort of a mission pack of sorts? Little things like that could pave the way for bigger potential in the future.

Imagine a Fire Emblem game where you could D/L map packs or new classes. There is a lot of potential in this model for DS.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:49:31 PM »

Whoops, I think that was just a grammatical slip up on the spelling.

I don't expect it to be a huge matter on it's own. But what if it were an expansion of sorts to complement the main game. Sort of a mission pack of sorts? Little things like that could pave the way for bigger potential in the future.

Imagine a Fire Emblem game where you could D/L map packs or new classes. There is a lot of potential in this model for DS.
Well I agree somewhat.As long as you can get these extra options without any costs than I am up for it.Much like Animal Crossing:City Folk.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star Zero Mini
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
I fixed the thread spelling  ;D
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 09:19:57 PM »
I am curious to see how and if it will interface with the forthcoming DS retail game.
Apparently, it doesn't. You play as a pre-existing character through a mission. It's basically a demo albeit a pretty loaded demo considering it's only $2 and Sega somehow included online multiplayer. Not a bad deal, though I'm curious why this was released in Japan considering the full game is already available there. If it does come stateside, I'll probably just wait for the full game. In fact, the more I read about PS0, the more excited I get. It's basically a far improved version of Phantasy Star Online.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 11:34:11 PM »
I am curious to see how and if it will interface with the forthcoming DS retail game.
Apparently, it doesn't. You play as a pre-existing character through a mission. It's basically a demo albeit a pretty loaded demo considering it's only $2 and Sega somehow included online multiplayer. Not a bad deal, though I'm curious why this was released in Japan considering the full game is already available there. If it does come stateside, I'll probably just wait for the full game. In fact, the more I read about PS0, the more excited I get. It's basically a far improved version of Phantasy Star Online.

Well that's disappointing if it's just a glorified demo. But it is also nice to be hearing good things about PS0.
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 12:31:39 AM »
It's a continuation of the Online series (whereas Portable is a continuation of the lamer Universe series). I'm far more impressed with Zero. Sure, Portable is technically a better looking game, but that's expected on PSP. Sega put a ton of work into Zero and it shows. I just don't expect DS games to look as good as Zero. I can't wait. Sega needs to announce a release date.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 02:54:01 AM »
It's a continuation of the Online series (whereas Portable is a continuation of the lamer Universe series). I'm far more impressed with Zero. Sure, Portable is technically a better looking game, but that's expected on PSP. Sega put a ton of work into Zero and it shows. I just don't expect DS games to look as good as Zero. I can't wait. Sega needs to announce a release date.

They haven't yet? I thought it was coming later this year.
My Game Collection

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »
Well since its got online, maybe will have one or two rare items/S-rank weapons u can trade to ur retail version.