Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 489046 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2300 on: July 18, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »
My game has arrived and i got a free set of ASE-like speakers with it.

I will get a picture up later today.

I want! Is that a Europe-only thing?

I guess so! Sorry about the slightly blurry shots.

This is one one side:

And on the other:

It flips open to reveal the speakers themselves and the headphone jack and the cable which runs around the edge.

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 18, 2009, 01:23:23 PM »
so far, my matches have been about 90 percent positive.  I have been playing team reaper and whats great is people playing like a team without communication.   

me and 2 others would run the cooridors and destroy the enemy.. real good fun!

Brood.  me thinks you suffer the not too many players in my area yet.  I would give it time..

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 19, 2009, 12:52:03 AM »
i had speakers like that. They aren't very good and somewhat silent, and you will NEVER hear them if your outside.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 19, 2009, 02:56:36 AM »
i had speakers like that. They aren't very good and somewhat silent, and you will NEVER hear them if your outside.

I was considering buying a pair off of eBay but the shipping for the ones I saw were pretty high since they are coming from the UK. And I had hoped to use them with my iPod. If they sound like that I'm probably better off getting a cheap local pair. The Conduit-ASE design is really neat and novel, but not worth $20 in my current financial state.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 19, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »

I was considering buying a pair off of eBay but the shipping for the ones I saw were pretty high since they are coming from the UK. And I had hoped to use them with my iPod. If they sound like that I'm probably better off getting a cheap local pair. The Conduit-ASE design is really neat and novel, but not worth $20 in my current financial state.

I used mine for my ipod and suddenly it stopped working. I bought it at electronics shop for like $7. If your inside a room its ok, but I took it when I went swimming and I didn't hear a thing

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 19, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »
well, dont buy your ipods for $7  8P

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 19, 2009, 08:04:52 PM »
well, dont buy your ipods for $7  8P

sorry.

ipod speaker accessories .

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 19, 2009, 11:31:07 PM »
heh.  must be a pick on vega day.. chalk it up to sf4 backlash.. nothin personal.  just fun

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 20, 2009, 12:26:13 AM »
Mongoose and I were in a 2 player capture match that well, lets just say it was more about playing with a friend than anything else.

Ryan, had to connect to you at the moment.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 20, 2009, 12:48:31 AM »
Then we have this last time, a bounty match where I spawned right from the outset of the game into a wall.

This happens to me once in a while. Chalk it up to a bug. I just reset and try again.

I've seen a lot of matches where other players apparently have no idea what type of match they're in or are simply ignoring the rules.

This happens to me in ASE football. I guess some people just want to grief instead of you know, try to win the game.

Worst I had it was a 2 on 6 when the other team's lead was widening.

*@#$ those droppers. Even if you lose, you can still get kills to get your EXP up. Sometimes people just have to take the loss like a MAN.

Mongoose and I were in a 2 player capture match that well, lets just say it was more about playing with a friend than anything else.

I wish there was a way to advertise a la Xbox Live or Mario Kart to other people saying, XXXX is on right now. CTF 1-1 is a surreal experience, but not something I'd repeat any time soon...  ;)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: July 20, 2009, 12:50:47 AM »
just out of curiosity, whats you region?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: July 20, 2009, 03:04:30 AM »
I played a Team Fortress 2 1v1 capture the briefcase match the other day. We ended up just dueling instead.
My Game Collection

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: July 20, 2009, 10:36:20 AM »
This is how it went down.   

We started, on the pentagon level.

He went straight for the eye and so did I.  I dropped into the sewers and he moved on.   He got my eye I got his.   I was trying to ditch the eye to get him and threw some grenades.  He killed me and scored a point.   After that, I decided to keep pressing him and stalking to get closer and closer to his eye.  With a 10 sec respond time, I figure I can creep slowly so as not to get picked up on radar ambush him and get closer.   

This was the fun part as the press kept us engaged.  I wasnt sure If I was close enough, but I decided to run for the eye.  Death shortly follewed as he spawned in front of me.   Then, the one minute bell rang and I just charged in.  But it was interesting having only one other opponent.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: July 20, 2009, 11:16:20 AM »
Dude I love the multi-player levels in the Conduit. Friggen Pentagon rules.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: July 20, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »
My favorite is Imfermery, I can totally own everyone on it. I once got 250 xp on it in one match.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: July 20, 2009, 12:59:16 PM »
i'v only played online, and I am starting to get 4 kills in a row and what not on occasion. Im getting better, but still lack refinement.

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: July 20, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »
in fact, i may jump on for 15 mins or so...

::hmm::
I am logging into a team reaper region match and it looks like my rank reset or something.  its just showing the silver triangle. does always start like that and then update?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:10:28 PM by BwrJim! »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: July 20, 2009, 01:47:22 PM »
i'v only played online, and I am starting to get 4 kills in a row and what not on occasion. Im getting better, but still lack refinement.

It feels like forever since i've been on-line with the Cnoduit.. i miss that voice saying "killing Spree" on those rare occasions i'm doing well :(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: July 20, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »
found you.. man i jumped in that free for all match and started to lay waste..  I forgot how spastic free for all was..   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:18:09 PM by BwrJim! »

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: July 20, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »
Dude I love the multi-player levels in the Conduit. Friggen Pentagon rules.

Pentagon & Street for me. I wish they made a map based on the airport from the story mode though.

----------------
Now playing: Mercyful Fate - Witches' Dance
via FoxyTunes
Mission...complete?

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: July 20, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »
I wish they would take the time for a workaround for new maps..  that would be nice.

::edit::
i take it that whenever you level up to say silver, your triangle resets but with the new color?  my xp is somewhere over 400 now me thinks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:49:37 PM by BwrJim! »

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2321 on: July 20, 2009, 03:26:37 PM »
It looks like they discounted the Wii Speak again.  I just picked one up at Fry's for $9.90.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: July 20, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »
It looks like they discounted the Wii Speak again.  I just picked one up at Fry's for $9.90.

And Mop it up still won't get it.

My favorite is Imfermery, I can totally own everyone on it. I once got 250 xp on it in one match.

But you forget so easily, Kraken ;)
My Game Collection

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: July 20, 2009, 03:31:29 PM »
no fry's around here.  Just best buy and microcenter.   

Although I am pretty good at following the lead of other players and improvising.

see matchmaking thread.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: July 20, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »
OK, bought Conduit a few days ago.

For all the hype about the controls, ironically they're my main complaint with the game so far....I still haven't been able to customise the controls to my liking just yet. I'm going to go for a full Metroid Prime 3 expert style scheme, which means a larger dead zone and slower turning speed.

I think a problem is the fact that you can't 'lock' the camera like you can with Metroid Prime's target lock, as in when there's no enemies on screen. Why? Because in MP3, pressing Z also means you can actually rest your hand. You can't do that in Conduit.
For me it's a big problem, though it might be small for some of you.

It's like how on PC, the mouse is resting on the table, and you don't actually have to hold it a few inches off the table.

I've just passed the train level and I haven't tried online yetl, but I think I'll go back to the first stage and play around with the controls again...see how that fares.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence