Author Topic: Letter From The Director: What to Expect at E3?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Letter From The Director: What to Expect at E3?
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:46:15 PM »

Your guess is as good as ours.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/26458

Man, we're a week away from getting our minds blown into smithereens from all the crazy revelations Nintendo will (hopefully) throw our way. Though, I can tease the one bit of E3 news I know but you don't (teehee) and say that Nintendo isn't the only company with a cool surprise for us portable game players.

But color me excited for next Tuesday. I don't have too much more to say, and I've got one more of these Letters From The Director before the big day, so I might just end the speculation and let you know what's going down.

• E3 Predictions - Want to know what we think is going to happen? Some of the staff will fill you in. If you want more E3 prediction goodness, check out the latest episodes Newscast and Radio Free Nintendo.
  • E3 Preview Feature - Want to get caught up to speed with what we know about the known games that Nintendo will likely show off? We'll show you what's what about Skyward Sword, the Layton games, Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D, and more.
  • Extra Life: TMNT - All you got was Pedro's TMNT: Tournament Fighters Extra Life last week. This week, you'll get the four missing articles from our proposed week-long Extra Life feature. If you're upset, I'm sorry. Zach literally had brain surgery. As for my two entires? Well, running the show ain't easy. By the way, Extra Life is taking next week off. E3 will do that to you. As a matter of fact, let me know in the Talkback what you guys think of Extra Life. We can have some sort of open forum about it.
  • Reviews To Expect: Pedro's got a belated review of Liight. Pedro and Danny teamed up for a LEGO Pirates Wii review, which is in editing right now. Andy should be wrapping up his LEGO Pirates 3DS review as well. Matt Blundon should be diving into Spongebob Squigglepants on 3DS. I'll just spend my time salivating over Ocarina of Time 3D and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion, both of which might be coming in this week.
  • In case you missed it, Josh gave his thoughts on Dream Trigger 3D last week, and Andy wrote all about Virtua Tennis 4.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Letter From The Director: What to Expect at E3?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:05:04 PM »
Here are my predictions for E3 2011:

Wii:

Skyward Sword is this year's holiday retail title due out after balck friday. Nintendo announces it will be the last major holiday title for the current Wii system. To celebrate Zelda's 25th anniversary, Nintendo announces a Skyward Sword themed Wii bundled with the game.

Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower and Dragon Quest X are announced for north America. Xenoblade wil get a late 2011 release and the other titles will be released through 2012.

Fling Smash 2 will be announced for holiday 2011.

Final Fantasy 6 announced for Virtual Console on the very day of Nintendo's conference.

Wii Winter Sports is announced for the Wii and is a holiday 2011 title.

DS and 3DS:

A new handheld version Super Smash Brothers is announced and is being developed by both Hal Labs and Game Arts. The game wil have a formula similar to cross between Melee and Rumble and will be called "SSB Rumble."

Player's Choice for DS titles is announced to coincide with those of the Wii.

Super Mario 3DS will be revealed as a hybrid of both  SMB 3 and Galaxy.

Mario Kart 3DS and Animal Crossing are announced as holiday 2011 title.

GBA Virtual Handheld is announced for the 3DS. Will include Metroid Fusion and Minsih Cap.

3DS price drop to $200 (we can only hope).

Super Wii:

Dreamcast and Gamecube announced for Virtual Console with modified Saturn games.

Price and release date not revealed in a similar manner to the 3DS the previous year.

The system will be about the same size as a modern laptop with aesthics similar to the 3DS in terms of shape and form factor.

A console version of Super Smash Brothers is announced for the Super Wii. It will be developed by a western company and will have some kind of connectivity with the 3DS title.

Online support equivalent to Xbox Live.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 11:49:00 PM »
I can tease the one bit of E3 news I know but you don't (teehee) and say that Nintendo isn't the only company with a cool surprise for us portable game players.

NGPGo confirmed.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:48:03 AM »
I remember BnM showign a link of a possible new Xbox ssytem from Microsoft. It would seem that it is still too early for Microsoft to bring out a new home console, so could they be entering the handheld market with thier own answer to the NGP and 3DS? Unless they are just R and D'ing a new home console, they could have a new handheld in the works.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:03:59 AM »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:05:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:21:22 AM »
omg man :O
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 01:02:06 PM »
I like these Letters from the Director. A nice way to stay in touch with "the people." Keep it up, Mr. R.
And...  E3!!!!  Sorry. Just had to let out the anticipation a bit. Inhale, exhale.
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 01:25:53 PM »
Ledda' from da Directda'

I expect hilarious candid photos from E3 featuring NWR staff.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 01:35:39 PM »
Ledda' from da Directda'

Can we do a photo treasure hunt for E3?

Each NWR staff member will receive the same list and whoever gets the most photos from the list wins and gets something special... like first review rights on 5 games of their choice or something.

Example of list:

2 Pictures with Miyamoto. 1 is normal, 1 has bunny ears behind his head
Picture Playing Cafe (bonus points of pic of yourself on the controller screen)
Picture with 2 or more Booth Babes at once(No Hover Hand)
Fist Bumping with Reggie (don't forget to explode it. LOL)
On the set of G4's E3 Live Show
A picture of from behind the people that someone else is currently taking a picture of (effectively ruining their picture).

I'm gonna go make a Funhouse thread for more suggestions.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34542.msg676175#new
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:41:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 02:01:59 PM »
Ledda' from da Directda'

Can we do a photo treasure hunt for E3?

Each NWR staff member will receive the same list and whoever gets the most photos from the list wins and gets something special... like first review rights on 5 games of their choice or something.

Example of list:

2 Pictures with Miyamoto. 1 is normal, 1 has bunny ears behind his head
Picture Playing Cafe (bonus points of pic of yourself on the controller screen)
Picture with 2 or more Booth Babes at once(No Hover Hand)
Fist Bumping with Reggie (don't forget to explode it. LOL)
On the set of G4's E3 Live Show
A picture of from behind the people that someone else is currently taking a picture of (effectively ruining their picture).

I'm gonna go make a Funhouse thread for more suggestions.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34542.msg676175#new
That would be awesome.  Have an article with what their looking for and extra point if they get the pic in 3D to beef up the 3D content on NWR for the Browser release.

I still want to know if their is at least 1 staffer going to the Videogame Live concert after party.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »
I've also got a Dead or Alive review in editing.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.