Author Topic: Super Mario 64 LEGO Set Honors Game's 25th Anniversary On October 1  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

So many bricks, so little room.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/58306/super-mario-64-lego-set-honors-games-25th-anniversary-on-october-1

The Nintendo-LEGO collaboration has produced a new block.

A new set was announced today that takes the form of a giant ? block which opens to reveal versions of stages from Super Mario 64. The collection will be a LEGO Store exclusive starting on October 1, with other retailers following in 2022, and the set will retail for US$169.99 or equivalent.

Stages include the famous castle and Bob-omb Battlefield, while the characters will be represented by "microfigures".

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario 64 LEGO Set Honors Game's 25th Anniversary On October 1
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 12:08:07 PM »
I like this a lot more than the existing Mario sets, which are really more like playsets then a typical Lego set.  I think this concept of recreating levels from famous video games is one of those ideas that you don't think of until it gets announced and then it is so obvious in retrospect you wonder why you never thought of it.

Do something like this for Ocarina of Time with micro-versions of some of the dungeons from that game and I'm pre-ordering it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario 64 LEGO Set Honors Game's 25th Anniversary On October 1
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »
Very tempted to pick this up. Hoping we get a Zelda and Metroid one down the road as well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast